did they nerf the 5 account wide pet battles?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu
did they nerf the 5 account wide pet battles?

Post by Index » January 31st, 2021, 10:29 am

Per title, and I'll admit I might have missed it (suspect ninja-nerf) but I used to be able to get 80% of a level per day doing the 5 account wide battles, now it's taking like 3-4 days per. Why do they feel like they need to break stuff like this, it simply ruins the fun :(

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: did they nerf the 5 account wide pet battles?

Post by Ranok » January 31st, 2021, 2:10 pm

About time of Shadowlands pre-pre-launch the XP you got just for winning battle got stealth-nerfed some. But big hit is to turning in the quest. Previously it gave the same XP as a normal quest for your level, now it gives around 1K for a 50. Means instead of 3 bars per battle, you're now getting about half a bar, and less than that as you progress to 60.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 1st, 2021, 8:04 am

Actually the EXP for turning in the quest seems to be the only nerf. The EXP for winning the battle seems to be the same as it was before, relative to how much exp you need to get to the next level. In every expansion since WoD, doing a wild pet battle (or a tamer battle) awarded close to 1/50 of your max exp to the next level if you were at the beginning of the new expac's level range (90, 100, 110, 120/50) and worked towards 1/100 of your max exp to next level as you got closer to the max level for that expansion (100, 110, 120, 60). level 51 characters are getting around 4k experience and need around 200k to next level, so it is in line with the previous expansions (relative to how much exp you need to level).

The quest exp was indeed nerfed as it used to be 2x the exp you got for doing the battle and is now about 1/5 ish, so nerf of 1/10th of the previous exp. However, that only seems to happen if you alt is above level 49 if the reports are right. It's like they nerfed the quest exp if you were 50 or above, at least according to what Discodoggy was seeing.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » February 1st, 2021, 8:52 am

Well, cheers for confirming at least. I scoured the patch notes and saw no mention, the only reason I noticed is due to being at 98/100 for the reputation acheev, and have two toons that I created early so I thought I'd use pet battles to passively level them. Not to be, it seems, oh well...

N0083rp00f
Pet Score:12512
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by N0083rp00f » February 18th, 2021, 12:42 pm

They pulled this stealth Nerf for the same reason they did it for Herbalism and Mining.
To [censored] over anyone wanting to level to max without leaving the starting zone.

It is the little petty things the Dev.s love to do instead of dealing with bad coding, spelling, grammar, holes in the terrain or bugs.
I still think this last expansion was produced in China due to all the telltales in evidence.