The the staller!!!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us
The the staller!!!

Post by Skavenged » June 18th, 2020, 5:33 pm

I'm not usually one to complain, but to the person running Nether Faerie Dragon, Celestial Dragon, and Emmigosa, you're a complete douche. I ran into this person several times and it was clear their triple dragon team had zero chance to beat the team I was running. I beat them handily the first few times. Then they fled the next few battles. Once they realized I wasn't going to be leaving the queue any time soon, they started trying to drag each battle out. They no longer even bothered attacking. They simply waited for the timer to run down and then made pet swaps and heals. The only goal was to stretch the fight out. I'm guessing it makes me a whiner or whatever anyone wants to call me, but if you're beat, you're beat. Suck it up, make a counter team, or use another established team from your stable, but Don't be a douche and waste other people's time

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Re: The the staller!!!

Post by Rosqo » June 19th, 2020, 3:54 am

Run multiple teams and you won't get this problem.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » June 20th, 2020, 9:44 am

What Rosqo said.

It has always baffled me how so many people assume that others should be playing PvP to the same unwritten rules or assumptions as they themselves are. The game is the rules as defined by the devs, not what you feel in your heart the game should be. He has as much right to stall as you have to run Sunlight.

Clearly, your opponent is trying to get the achievement, so has very limited range to swap teams. If you're running a healing team with Sunlight Tree, Imp and Shinchomper, you could more easily adapt to a team with Darkness and Humanoid damage to finish hum off faster.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » June 24th, 2020, 12:04 am

or take a bathroom and snack break and come back in 15 minutes to a half hour and they will be gone .
no need to get yourself bent out of shape over this because that is exactly what they wanted to happen and you fell into their trap

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » June 24th, 2020, 8:19 pm

Digem, that's not impossible, but not how I read it.

There are a lot of PvP beginners in the queue these days trying for Family. In fact, I can't imagine any PvP non-beginners still in the queue doing Family (though I think Disco held the last few battles until quite recently). You have to see it from the point of view of the guy trying to get his 10 wins with Dragonkin.

He bumps into this healing team. How frustrating is it to try to beat a healing team with Dragons? especially for someone not very experienced. Sunlight drags everything out, yes, his own Celestial's heal as well, but that just adds to it. The other team has no hard-hitters to finish the match quickly, and nothing he does can make a dent in the increasing health pool of his opponent.

In protest at what he sees as dragging the game out, and wasting his time for nothing, he decides to drag it out as much as he can as well. Now, if I met that team under similar circumstances, I would forget about Family and make it my Mission from God to kill that team's will to live and drive it out of the queue by any means necessary - but I'm not a beginner struggling and frustrated by trying to get 10 Dragonkin wins.

If I was, I might have done the same, as my only form of protest.

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » July 5th, 2020, 12:34 am

but if you take a like a 15 minute or so break or do something else in game for a bit you will be in a different que and not be bothered by this if it bothers you.
I like you would make an anti-heal team and crush them out of the que but they were upset by it and if upset why do something making you upset?

Rosqo

Post by Rosqo » July 5th, 2020, 6:16 am

The matchmaking system doesn't work how you described. You can wait 15 minutes, 1 hour or a few days but the opponents that you can face will still be from the same pool of players.

The dragonkin guy was just doubling down on the time wasting.

If you run lots of different teams they would assume its different people and at least try to battle.

Digem
MVP

Post by Digem » July 8th, 2020, 10:59 am

Rosqo wrote:
July 5th, 2020, 6:16 am
The matchmaking system doesn't work how you described. You can wait 15 minutes, 1 hour or a few days but the opponents that you can face will still be from the same pool of players.

The dragonkin guy was just doubling down on the time wasting.

If you run lots of different teams they would assume its different people and at least try to battle.
if that person also stays in the que but if they don't see you for a bit and someone else does the anti heal team they more than likely will be gone

Rosqo

Post by Rosqo » July 8th, 2020, 3:12 pm

Person spamming one team non stop or the guy that specifically runs a counter comp to their opponents.

Wonder which it's more likely to be able to get wins against?

Gbh102
Top Rater
Pet Score:11849
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Gbh102 » August 4th, 2020, 8:28 pm

Unfortunately, since Battle Pets PVP ISN'T as popular as Dungeons or Arenas, it is very likely that you will face the same person with the same team several times. The only thing you can do with it (apart of getting more and more angry/upset) is to make, like mentioned above, counter team. I remeber when I was doing Family achie, several times I spotted "heal team" (Broot/Blossoming Ancient, Singing Sunflower, Fozling, Magical Crawdad and so on)(and I am STILL meeting such teams), which is REALLY annoying and, well, hard to beat since ALL of them have CRAZY self healing (TBH I started to call such persons HACKERS :))). Anyway, after several tries I was so annoyed and tired that I decide to make a team which will simply melt them down. I make a counter team that has three pets with Call Darkness AND Nightmare (usually Caverndark Nightmare and K'uddly - since BOTH of them, apart of mentioned CD and Nightmare have aquatic ability in third slot which are making 50% + damage to Elementals ;)) plus Nightmare Lasher (you can also use Nightmare Whelpling as he also has both, CD and Nightmare, depends on which pets do you have access to), all, EXCEPT Nightmare Whelpling, are also FASTER than all from mentioned heal team so I had another HUGE advantage. Anyway those two skills = ZERO healing on opposite team (unless they are elementals, in such case, tho, their healing is very, VERY limited :)). This way I got rid (and I still am if meet such team) of Hackers :P. That said - everything lies on team and counters. Do NOT let them make you give up. Just BEAT them ;)))