Terrace's World battlers. sustained leveling and rare capture with TD

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sissy280
Pet Score:7207
Realm:Stormrage-us
Re: Terrace's World battlers. sustained leveling and rare capture with TD

Post by Sissy280 » December 31st, 2020, 7:00 am

Hi there, this script is amazing, exactly what I was looking for. But I have 1 question. When I get into a pet battle to farm for lower level pets I don't have and the enemy team only has 1 or 2 pets in it, after it swaps out my level pet for #2, it doesn't do anything. It doesn't attack, it doesn't do anything at all, I have to do it and then when it's ready to trap, the script then continues. It seems that it has a problem trying to find 3 pets in the fight. Anyway around this? Thanks again.

Kidps
Pet Score:6239
Realm:Sargeras-eu

Post by Kidps » February 13th, 2021, 5:51 am

Hello there,
Seems like an amazing work, but can't test it sadly, any chance of updating the pastebin for the script please !
Looking forward a method to level up pets and capture wild ones !

Petcam
Realm:Soulflayer-eu

Post by Petcam » February 18th, 2021, 4:39 pm

Terrace wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 7:05 am
Sorry, I was moving house, saw the message on facebook and here and fixing the link within the guide now.
please update pastebin link, expired again

Terrace
Pet Score:9678
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Terrace » April 3rd, 2021, 2:13 pm

link fixed, even added in a new version i'd made towards the end of BFA which had some special rules to make Enchanted Cauldron fight quickly and effectively against Aquatic Damage enemies (most BFA zones). Enjoy!
www.youtube.com/gamingwithdean

Raptorialfungus
Pet Score:1385
Realm:Jaedenar-eu

Post by Raptorialfungus » April 8th, 2021, 11:30 am

Hello everybody!

I'm a huge fan of coding, scripting and such and I'm playing WoW for many many years. But only yesterday I found this great work. Terrace, you are the hero of Azeroth's lazy pet battlers :)

Very important question for me: Am I right that I can't script algorithm to catch pet of any quality if I don't have this pet yet? I don't see this condition/status in tdBattlePetScript's API.

Terrace

Post by Terrace » April 9th, 2021, 11:03 am

Thanks for stopping by with the kind words, I still absolutely use this thing myself today and i still think it's pretty cool, it's a shame i came out with it at the same time as classic WoW which of course doesn't have any pet battling so i think it went a little overlooked!
I still have plans to add some of the cool new shadowlands pets and abilities which would grow the library of pets that could be in this.
As to your question I couldn't find anything in the addon authors original Chinese instructions or his simpler English instructions about that, i think the best thing you could do is lower the rarity of captured pets which is in a very early line to grey, white, green (probably grey) and just have the script capture everything in sight.

I really think it just sees the the journal as having space (with the crate spell coloured and usable in combat) or the journal full, (crate spell greyed out).

If you can attach the correct monster ID to the capture process it would probably need to be a list of everything you don't have or everything you do have with a inverted instruction, and the game already hangs loading what i wrote already haha :D

Petcam
Realm:Soulflayer-eu

Post by Petcam » April 9th, 2021, 1:13 pm

Terrace wrote:
April 3rd, 2021, 2:13 pm
link fixed, even added in a new version i'd made towards the end of BFA which had some special rules to make Enchanted Cauldron fight quickly and effectively against Aquatic Damage enemies (most BFA zones). Enjoy!
thanks alot mate. great work.

Mrmago

Post by Mrmago » October 4th, 2021, 7:55 pm

Looks pretty good. Would love to try it out for myself but it seems the pastebin has expired. Any chance you can update with a working link?

Thanks!

Viseus
Pet Score:4911
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Viseus » November 27th, 2021, 10:41 am

Looks like I'm a bit late to the party. I came across this post the other day. Wonderfully informative, sadly the Pastebin link has expired. Searched through several forums and cannot find it anywhere else.

Here's to hoping someone has the latest script they wouldn't mind sharing or the Pastebin link gets an update.

Thank you for all your hard work either way Terrace.

Sissy280

Post by Sissy280 » October 30th, 2022, 11:37 pm

Can anyone that has this saved in their rematch, can you please post the script here? Or a link to another pastebin or maybe a discord? Please!! TY!

Finelame

Post by Finelame » December 28th, 2022, 3:23 am

Also need this best script, anyone to copy it ?

Sissy280

Post by Sissy280 » January 17th, 2023, 3:24 am

So since this dude isn't coming back (sucks to make something so awesome and then disappear after about a year, but w/e life first right), I made a crude simple script because I'm still learning to do this.

It's very simple. It uses leveling pet in slot 1, Anubisath Idol (1,1,1) in slot 2 and Emerald Proto-Whelp (2,2,2) in slot 3. It will catch any quality pets you'd like, I have this at 1 (grey) just to collect what I don't have, but you can change the number to anything from 1-4 (4 is blue/rare). I hope this is sufficient for everyone.
catch [enemy.quality >=1]

standby [round=1]
change(#2)
use(Sandstorm)
use(Crush)
change(#3)
use(Emerald Dream) [self.hp<700]
use(Emerald Presence) [self.aura(Emerald Presence).duration<=1]
use(Emerald Bite)

Terrace

Post by Terrace » June 21st, 2023, 3:41 am

Viseus wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 10:41 am
Looks like I'm a bit late to the party. I came across this post the other day. Wonderfully informative, sadly the Pastebin link has expired. Searched through several forums and cannot find it anywhere else.

Here's to hoping someone has the latest script they wouldn't mind sharing or the Pastebin link gets an update.

Thank you for all your hard work either way Terrace.
You are welcome!
Finelame wrote:
December 28th, 2022, 3:23 am
Also need this best script, anyone to copy it ?
I made a copy of it!
Sissy280 wrote:
January 17th, 2023, 3:24 am
So since this dude isn't coming back (sucks to make something so awesome and then disappear after about a year, but w/e life first right), I made a crude simple script because I'm still learning to do this.

It's very simple. It uses leveling pet in slot 1, Anubisath Idol (1,1,1) in slot 2 and Emerald Proto-Whelp (2,2,2) in slot 3. It will catch any quality pets you'd like, I have this at 1 (grey) just to collect what I don't have, but you can change the number to anything from 1-4 (4 is blue/rare). I hope this is sufficient for everyone.
I dunno, life can surprise you sometimes!

https://pastebin.com/3ywz5n4w

After the getting kicked off Xu-Fu by some obsessed editor from Germany (dont remember the name) pressuring the admin to delete my guide, being told "New people should ask for help, not try to offer help"
the cold reception at the time for releasing around classic, moving house, retiring this old computer with the data on it and more, i didn't think anyone was looking for this!

But here it is alive and well, as always if anyone wants to lend me a hand I could always use a youtube sub www.youtube.com/GamingwithDean, (please don't click the bell, yes DON'T! i wouldn't want to bother you with my constant uploads) or put me on twitch muted in the background so i can get transcoding to reach mobile phone veiwers (yay!)

The URL is the same as the youtube, but websites can tell where you clicked on a hyperlink (does anyone still say hyperlink?) and i don't want them to think it's some kind of sub4sub situation (which it isn't!) but probably better if you just type it out!

Viseus
Pet Score:4911
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Viseus » July 22nd, 2023, 5:42 pm

Terrace wrote:
June 21st, 2023, 3:41 am

You are welcome!

I made a copy of it!

I dunno, life can surprise you sometimes!

https://pastebin.com/3ywz5n4w

After the getting kicked off Xu-Fu by some obsessed editor from Germany (dont remember the name) pressuring the admin to delete my guide, being told "New people should ask for help, not try to offer help"
the cold reception at the time for releasing around classic, moving house, retiring this old computer with the data on it and more, i didn't think anyone was looking for this!

But here it is alive and well, as always if anyone wants to lend me a hand I could always use a youtube sub www.youtube.com/GamingwithDean, (please don't click the bell, yes DON'T! i wouldn't want to bother you with my constant uploads) or put me on twitch muted in the background so i can get transcoding to reach mobile phone veiwers (yay!)

The URL is the same as the youtube, but websites can tell where you clicked on a hyperlink (does anyone still say hyperlink?) and i don't want them to think it's some kind of sub4sub situation (which it isn't!) but probably better if you just type it out!
Thank you thank you thank you very much! I had never expected to get my hands on playing with this. It's now saved in no less than 4 separate locations including a thumb drive lol. Now to go back and re read the usage and find some time to do some battling :D