Terrace's World battlers. sustained leveling and rare capture with TD

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Happiestfunrock
Top Rater
Pet Score:9734
Realm:Dragonblight-eu
Re: Terrace's World battlers. sustained leveling and rare capture with TD

Post by Happiestfunrock » August 22nd, 2019, 10:58 am

Terrace wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 11:04 am
Edit1: Just looking forward to seing that version number change on the google doc, I just keep looking and looking, even tapping the monitor doesn't make it change! :lol:
I'm so sorry, work's been kind of crazy lately, I barely have time to play in the evenings lately.
Terrace wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 11:04 am
Edit2: Oh! do you have that celestial calf that costs 1 million gold off of the mad merchant, need anyone with it to get the number
I do not, but I can ask guildies, which number are you after?

Terrace
Pet Score:9678
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Terrace » August 22nd, 2019, 11:24 am

Woohoo we made page 2!
Happiestfunrock wrote:
August 22nd, 2019, 10:58 am
I'm so sorry, work's been kind of crazy lately, I barely have time to play in the evenings lately.
No need to apologize to me, gotta find that fun time to relax for yourself! :lol:
Happiestfunrock wrote:
August 22nd, 2019, 10:58 am
I do not, but I can ask guildies, which number are you after?
So the person with it just needs a team saved, even if it's blank and to type out " If [self " without the quotes and the script will offer a auto complete where you can click on the name of any of the pets in your current loadout, it's important to click the pet name and not #1,#2 or #3 on that menu.

Once clicked it will give you the weird number Rematch assigns to these pets.

Alternatively if you can see where the numbers might be from that I could look up, like on a website somewhere we can cut out the person who has the pet. All I know so far is these aren't the numbers WoWhead gives them at the top of the page.

Royal Peachick:1411
Terrible Turnip:650
Aldrusian Sproutling:2433

Terrible Turnip on Wowhead = 63365
Terrible Turnip the item you learn him from = 85220
Terrible turnip = 650 no clue, I do worry that this is strictly a rematch generated number that exists nowhere else

can be seen on this screenshot, the person who makes this hasn't updated since 2018 some time so I think it's probably from somewhere or at least the addon can make them up. I just don't know
snip!
note to self: remove giant screenshot once number is obtained D:
alternatively work out thumbnail system.
Last edited by Terrace on August 22nd, 2019, 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.youtube.com/gamingwithdean

Happiestfunrock
Top Rater

Post by Happiestfunrock » August 22nd, 2019, 1:46 pm

Terrace wrote:
August 22nd, 2019, 11:24 am
Royal Peachick:1411
Terrible Turnip:650
Aldrusian Sproutling:2433
These are species numbers. The one for Celestial Calf is 1888.

You can go to Xu-Fu, to your collection page, and use the 'export to excel' function - it'll export info about all pets, even the ones you don't have. I think the species number was the last column of the export.

Edit: noticed that wow-pets also seems to use the species number for pets, e.g. Aldrusian Sproutling is wow-pets.com/pet/2433/aldrusian-sproutling

Terrace

Post by Terrace » August 22nd, 2019, 2:06 pm

Aha! I'm glad I know what they are and where I can get the rest should the next need arise, but I am puzzled by the purpose of these. Isn't the unique NPC enough? Are theses species numbers different for the same pet of a different breed to diversify the ability to specify which one.

I kinda just don't get it :P , but 1888 it is for the next version!

Edit: nice find! saving a page here for later https://wow-pets.com/pet/1888/celestial-calf

Happiestfunrock
Top Rater

Post by Happiestfunrock » August 22nd, 2019, 2:21 pm

Terrace wrote:
August 22nd, 2019, 2:06 pm
Aha! I'm glad I know what they are and where I can get the rest should the next need arise, but I am puzzled by the purpose of these. Isn't the unique NPC enough? Are theses species numbers different for the same pet of a different breed to diversify the ability to specify which one.

I kinda just don't get it :P , but 1888 it is for the next version!

Edit: nice find! saving a page here for later https://wow-pets.com/pet/1888/celestial-calf
No, they are the same across breeds. I don't really know what they're used for, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable might be able to chime in.

Terrace

Post by Terrace » August 22nd, 2019, 2:36 pm

Haha, it doesn't matter, i'm just glad the one person talking knew how to do it! Now all those Rich( in gold! ) but silent in the topic players can use their money calf! Looks like an amazing pet though, A real Tylarr Gronndar but in a different race and race/damage flavour!

Edit1 :
Note for me. Hoof damage against strong (regular damage 150% rounded). Hoof damage against weak (regular damage 66% rounded). is maffs for flat damage spells, variable spells means pain in the butt trip around the world to find counter/non counter.

Guide notes:
Revamped the Guide! Ban-Lu now narrates us through a quick start. If my hours in photoshop don't inspire people to try it with a promise of being back into WoW and using it in 2 minutes, nothing will.

Edit2 :
Woooops! Broke Terrible Turnip, turning the above changes + the fix into an immediate hotfix

Broot - (Ironbark, Barkskin, I am Broot!) is actually insane, the reductions from both are adding, he heals and ironbark does 285 damage (the one low-ish thing) whilst I am broot! is up.

Edit3:
Patch 4.0.0d released!
Last edited by Terrace on August 25th, 2019, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edmuir
Pet Score:4542
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Edmuir » August 25th, 2019, 1:11 pm

I just want to say, I'd never really tried using scripts before seeing your thread here. I tried yours and though it does what it says it does on the Tin so to speak, it's not something I'll use all of the time. I do a lot of leveling with pets by simply flying around the Pandarian Spirit, Beasts and Masters circuit, adding in the masters from other areas that award bags of pet supplies. From level 1-60 or so, I settle into Valley of the Four Winds in the fields and pond behind Stone Mug Tavern in Stoneplow. A team of P/P Junglebeak x2 (any of the 3 types of Toucans works fine) plus Xu Fu will level a character quite quickly (with proper gear and consumables) and could probably be scripted to do so rather mindlessly.

Anyway, thanks for getting me started with scripting Pet Battles.

Terrace

Post by Terrace » August 25th, 2019, 4:56 pm

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me a message! I think it's wonderful to use occasionally too, I'm hoping by the time I finish I will have entered the combat details for many, many pets you don't get to see too often.

Like if you spend a lot of time getting all the pets from the celestial tournament and such it's nice to take them out and use them sometimes. (If you get into using public scripts for trainers I can almost garentee you won't see Zao, Calfling of Nizao :cry: )

I was quite shocked and excited to see that a pet battle next to some of those trainers like the Pandarian ones offers the same character experience, so if you're ever levelling a alt doing these pet battles consider doing a few battles along the flight haha!

If you come back to download a new version of my script in lets say a week (or earlier!) I'm sure I'll have some new features or a bug trimmed out of the code, maybe even all those pets that you mentioned! (if they use Preen to heal, that's been on my do list since forever!)

Oh! and could you tell me if you saw the thread before but the "word wall" put you off a bit, but now the Ban-Lu media makes it look a bit more friendly? I'd really love to hear from someone who initially didn't want to get into this but then saw how quick it was to get up and running :D

Edit1: looked up junglebeak, out of six abilities I have rain dance implemented so far, I like the idea of Lift-Off so i'll get that done soon, and then probably peck as it's more reliable than slicing wind. And then boom! another playable pet :D

Edit2:

Upcoming and Implemented:
  • chi-chi, hatchling of chi-ji : Alpha Strike, Tranquility Ethereal NEW!
  • greatwing macaw : Quills NEW!, Tranquility, Sunlight
  • sandclaw nestseeker : Water Jet, Tranquility, Buried Treasure (woops not new just unnoticed)
  • harmonious porcupette : Claw NEW! , Celestial Blessing NEW! , Tranqulity
  • enchanted cauldron : Burn NEW! , Renewing Mists , Extra Plating NEW!
  • shack crab : Surge , Renewing Mists , Rain Dance (is this already on the list? have to check)
  • Amberbarb Wasp] : Bite NEW! , Focus NEW.! , Ravage
  • ash lizard Quick Attack NEW! , Screech , Ravage
  • bloodfever tarantula : Quick attack NEW! , Sticky Web NEW! , Ravage
  • bloodsting wasp : Bite NEW! , Focus NEW! , Ravage
  • bloodthorn hatchling : Gnaw NEW! , Ravage , Takedown NEW!
  • bone wasp : Claw NEW! , Focus NEW! , Ravage
  • chrominius : Bite NEW! , Howl , Ravage
  • daggertooth frenzy : Frenzy NEW! , Ravage , Dive
  • diemetradon hatchling : Quick Attack NEW! , Screech , Ravage
  • frenzied cottontain : Flurry NEW! , Ravage , Vicious Streak NEW!
  • grotesque : Shadow Shock NEW! , Ravage , Stone Form NEW!
  • horned lizard : Quick Attack NEW! , Screech , Ravage
  • icespine hatchling : Gnaw NEW! , Ravage , Takedown NEW!
  • lizard hatchling : Quick Attack NEW! , Screech , Ravage
  • mossbite skitterer : Gnaw NEW! , Ravage , Takedown NEW!
  • Partched Lizard : Quick Attack NEW! , Screech , Ravage
  • Plains Monitor : Quick Attack NEW! , Screech , Ravage
  • returned hatchling : Skull Toss NEW! , Ravage , Leap NEW!
  • spawn of garalon : Trample , Ravage , Lumbering Charge NEW!
  • spiky lizard : Quick Attack NEW! , Screech , Ravage
  • spiny lizard : Quick Attack NEW! , Screech , Ravage
  • thicket skitterer : Gnaw NEW! , Ravage , Takedown NEW!
  • Twilight Iguana : Quick Attack NEW! , Screech , Ravage
  • twilight wasp : Bite NEW! , Focus NEW! , Ravage
  • Voidstalker Runt : Blink Strike NEW! , Screech , Ravage
  • Warpstalker Hathcling : Blink Strike NEW! , Screech , Ravage
  • Warpstalker Runt :Blink Strike NEW! , Screech , Ravage
  • Wood Wasp : Bite NEW! , Focus NEW! , Ravage
  • Lil' Tika : Rush NEW! , Ravage , Aura of Gonk NEW!
Last edited by Terrace on August 28th, 2019, 8:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Edmuir
Pet Score:4542
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Edmuir » August 27th, 2019, 1:34 pm

Junglebeak
Rain Dance followed by Nocturnal Strike does around 1050-ish damage and always hits, that kills most of the non-blue otters, striders, etc. You VERY frequently crit for 1500-ish which kills everything. Follow up by swapping to another Toucan and just do the same thing, swapping back to your first Beak for the 3rd pet. Hitting with Peck occasionally when you have the Rain Dance buff is fine too. They never need to heal and never really die. I have Xu Fu in the group for the odd critters that show up in Stoneplow. This group is the fastest wild battlers I've found and can do the fight in about 40 seconds. Occasionally, you'll get the Momma Otter and her 3 kits allowing you to sit in one spot and just annihilate them. This team works well near Aki the Chosen as well and as you point out, you get reasonable XP from them (not as much as battling Aki, but as much as you get from say, No No). I use a script to stomp Aki, fly over behind the Inn and crush those 7 Striders (with the Toucans) and then continue on my route.

Terrace

Post by Terrace » August 28th, 2019, 10:40 am

I might try putting your battle into the script as a fun exercise! I assume if I made it it's own little section it would be easy, but I'm going to try and add it under all my pre-set categories instead of it's own little thing, it'll be cool if I can get it to play that exact same way! (This is my first anything, I'm not a scripter, coder or even a website owner :lol: )

I didn't find out if you saw the guide before I put the picture-quickstart in and wasn't tempted to try it, but then saw the picture quickstart i added and then went for it? The only reason I'm curious is because I'm a one man team trying to do everything, and I'm wondering if more time in photoshop and deleting some of my word-wall is time well spent!

Edit1:

Entertaining a point system to allow other people and myself to tier these things well. The base idea is:

DPS: Humanoid +4 Points
Either: Magic +3 Points
Either: Critter +3 Points
DPS: Beast +2 Points
Either: Mechanical +1 Points
Either: Undead -1 Points
Either: Buff that lasts 5 turns +5 Points
Either: AoE Heal on a cooldown of 3 +10 Points
Either: Self heal on a cooldown of 3 +5 Points
Either: Buff that lasts 3 turns +3 points

Something to this effect, not sure if that's too artificial or not? If you're good with "Maffs 'n' graffs" please let me know how you would do this.

If you add up Tylarr Gronden here, you would see he scores like what a S-Rank would score like :lol:

Pets could even be rated for battle speed and such using a system like:

-3 points if you must buff every two turns (tranqulity)
-1 point if you must buff without dealing damage every three turns (renewing mists)
+5 points all three abilites deal damage
+3 points two abilities deal damage
+1 point one ability does damage

As you could add up here, the Quirashi Guardling would score a boat load of speed points, all three abilities deal damage, no turns lost rebuffing

V5.0.0a is out, couldnt fit it in the 60,000 word limit anymore, script now lives on pastebin

Edit2: Enjoy pet week! let me know if my script is doing something Stooooopid! :lol: :roll:

Edit3: Quintessence helped me fix the pet ability links! yaaaaaaaay! I had them broken since my very first post on the first day :shock:

Still working on:
  • Make pets with dodge use dodge when nothing to dodge specifically is on the enemy pet, about 15 lines if I figure out how to do it - New Category for 6.0.0b
  • even more accurate execute, sometimes execute fails because the enemy has Shell Shield for -66~ damage or Emerald Presence for -71~ ect ect, at the moment I have the pet execute as normal, hopefully the enemy was even MORE than 66 or 71 under and it was ok..... but I already know how to make this more accurate, it will just make the script three or four times bigger... and it already hangs WoW for 6~ seconds when you import it. I've already contacted the addon developer to see if this can be fixed (script not being read by the addon as it is imported) but he is a China man in China and i'll need to wait to see what he says in reply - On hold until reply, no version timer
  • More complete list of heals before swap heals - Category completion for 6.0.0b
  • More complete list of executes - Category completion for 6.0.0b
  • Make Healing Wrap a lower percent before it goes off
Guide still working on:
  • Remove "default team" until revamp, need to decide on a default team - Pet EXP week over.
  • New section "Cool Combo's - Pet EXP week Over.
  • New Section "Hidden Moves List" adding in a bunch of spell that might kill blue capturable pets but are the more powerful choice of move & Nuclear Blast spells, will have it's own section to make sure you understand that this is just for people who don't care too much about blue capture- Pet EXP week Over & 6.0.0c
  • New section "Why some Race-Elements float to the top of the tier lists" Once the default choice section is removed a quick explaination of why the undead racial is useless (for this) and the humanoid racial is Solid Gold Awesome
  • More artwork, some words deleted for artwork
  • Fix Algan Links - Duplicate instead of different
  • add bubble to "no execute" list
  • Fix Sunlight to recast a sunny day with one turn still left, no after expiration
  • fix regular use of ravage only for Daggertooth Frenzy.
Edit4: V6.0.0a is out, TWO big version bumps during pet week? Lucky! Enthusiasm high, lots more to add!

Series6
Pet Score:6926
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Series6 » October 17th, 2019, 8:12 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Thank you so much for this wonderful guide and all your work.
I had seen the wall of text sometime ago, and it wasn't till the new format that I read it all, even the patch notes. Fantastic stuff.

I had gotten into a routine of just using teroclaw and Mr Pinchy for so long, now with this guide I am using all sorts of combos and remembering why I enjoy pet battles all over again.

Subbed to your YouTube. Will you be doing any wow content as well, pet battles, pet/mount farming spots that are a must etc.

Your guide has made me try new combos for slot#2 (although I am running out of new pets to level again).
Muckbreath:164 - a consume and a devour
Cinderweb Recluse:2087 - consume and life leech
Fungal abomination:1144 consume (and absorb on same line :( ) and leech seed and a stun
Risen saber kitten:1804 a consume and devour
Spectral spinner:1730 consume and life leech

I tried using Wretched Servant and Qiraji p/p but find they need heals from #3 more often.
Still hard to beat the teroclaw with that heal and ravage finisher.

Many thanks for all your work, cant wait for the next iteration.
(edited)

Terrace

Post by Terrace » October 30th, 2019, 9:11 pm

Series6 wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 8:12 pm
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Thank you so much for this wonderful guide and all your work.
I had seen the wall of text sometime ago, and it wasn't till the new format that I read it all, even the patch notes. Fantastic stuff.

I had gotten into a routine of just using teroclaw and Mr Pinchy for so long, now with this guide I am using all sorts of combos and remembering why I enjoy pet battles all over again.

Subbed to your YouTube. Will you be doing any wow content as well, pet battles, pet/mount farming spots that are a must etc.

Your guide has made me try new combos for slot#2 (although I am running out of new pets to level again).
Muckbreath:164 - a consume and a devour
Cinderweb Recluse:2087 - consume and life leech
Fungal abomination:1144 consume (and absorb on same line :( ) and leech seed and a stun
Risen saber kitten:1804 a consume and devour
Spectral spinner:1730 consume and life leech

I tried using Wretched Servant and Qiraji p/p but find they need heals from #3 more often.
Still hard to beat the teroclaw with that heal and ravage finisher.

Many thanks for all your work, cant wait for the next iteration.
(edited)
I do go a little overboard with my detailed thought process :D
I ran into a few walls though, the Author of the addon has that strange scan-at-import that makes World of Warcraft almost crash (and he never replied when I posted a message to him about it), it certainly doesn't crash on my computer at this point, but I can't guess what will happen if I add more or even if it might crash on other peoples computers at this stage. I feel like the best I can do is have several different versions with different levels of details.
Planning to move out of my house soon to live solo, should help me do more on youtube as i'm a bit of a night owl and don't really want to wake up the other people in my current home. Bit stumped on what to do with Warcraft content some times though, 8 unedited hours of me doing "stuff" wouldn't be all that entertaining :P

Using new combos was absolutely the drive to make this! I had been in a real rut just using the same two over and over, using this you can save an absolute ton of fun stuff, although I wish the Slot #3 healers had a little more variety, so far just the "Deers" "Skunks" and Magical Crawdad seem to be really excellent if you want to see slot#2 and slot#3 often through swapping. Viable slot#2's seem to be quite plentiful.

Everything I was planning to do is on hold at the moment, I really released at a bad time with WoW classic hanging over BFA and BFA not being all that popular and then only a small niche amount of people doing pet battles and even out of those there seems to be a real misconception that random battles are "bad" and only flying around pandara and WoD trainers is good.
It's tricky to persuade anyone to give this a try haha.
but the main reason Is I just let my sub run out on WoW, I realise that I was doing 8 hours of WoW and barely talking to anyone because of the Divide of Warmode off/on, WoW Classic, some people I know being PVP only, some being PVE only and all the other things that just divide up the player base, then I was coming off of WoW and doing 4 hours of editing this script and this guide and no one was replying here either! all that typing and patching and it was all to myself XD

I was tempted to sub again recently because otherwise I'm going to miss some Halloween pets I'm missing, but then again I feel a bit dumb dumping £10 on a subscription just to pick up some pets, I think if I just had a few people who would give me feedback about what wasn't working in the script I could carry on, but as it was each time I implemented a new pet I needed to test it out myself, there's a Gargoyle pet called Grotesque that it supports and it was a real pain trying to decipher what blizzard meant on the tooltip of his abilities vs what It actually does in the game. having to stop to check each pet because no one else is saying a word is a real handful!

All this whilst trying to get a huge amount of daily tasks done and weekly tasks, whilst trying to finish maxing in levels and gearing one of each class for each faction because a friend always asks me to come back as alternate factions each time one of them wants to do anything (aaaaargh!) so last time I was like, you know what i'll just do absolutely everything!

Just enjoying Grim Dawn (aRPG) and Overwatch at the moment whilst waiting to move house.

Killmark
Pet Score:1399
Realm:Sylvanas-eu

Post by Killmark » November 21st, 2019, 3:19 am

Hi Terrace,

I was reading through your post and it inspired me to go back to some of the older expansions are catch up on many of the missing pets from my collection. You've obviously put a lot of time into developing this. I've only recently tried to use scripting and pretty much exclusively for pet dungeons. Other that that I've always done these things manually, mostly through ignorance.

I noticed the pastebin link shows the scripts been removed, are you intending on doing anymore development?

Terrace

Post by Terrace » November 26th, 2019, 11:36 am

Killmark wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 3:19 am
Hi Terrace,

I was reading through your post and it inspired me to go back to some of the older expansions are catch up on many of the missing pets from my collection. You've obviously put a lot of time into developing this. I've only recently tried to use scripting and pretty much exclusively for pet dungeons. Other that that I've always done these things manually, mostly through ignorance.

I noticed the pastebin link shows the scripts been removed, are you intending on doing anymore development?
Fixed the link for you, I have expiring links so people don't end up with old versions that have mistakes in them so I don't end up looking for bugs I've already fixed :P

Terrace

Post by Terrace » December 26th, 2019, 2:46 am

Langusta wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 8:29 am
It's not working :(
Could you be a little more specific? :)

Kalistez
Pet Score:2753
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Kalistez » January 12th, 2020, 7:40 pm

Hi !

It looks like the pastebin link has expired again, any chance of a refresh ?

Thanks !

Terrace

Post by Terrace » January 13th, 2020, 10:21 am

Kalistez wrote:
January 12th, 2020, 7:40 pm
Hi !

It looks like the pastebin link has expired again, any chance of a refresh ?

Thanks !
Here you go! https://pastebin.com/wwghFddu

Eriach
Pet Score:8727
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Eriach » July 21st, 2020, 4:01 pm

Updated pastebin?

Terrace

Post by Terrace » August 10th, 2020, 7:05 am

Sorry, I was moving house, saw the message on facebook and here and fixing the link within the guide now.

Series6
Pet Score:6926
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Series6 » October 16th, 2020, 6:07 am

This is still amazing - many thanks for all your hard work. Its helped me level many characters to max.