How do you level your pets?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tunguska
MVP
Pet Score:13339
Realm:Doomhammer-us
Re: How do you level your pets?

Post by Tunguska » May 6th, 2019, 12:50 pm

Thanks so much!!! I still have about 200 pets who need to hit 25...

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » May 7th, 2019, 6:45 am

Damn... 80ish new pets in v8.2...

That means 4.800ish PPC, if they are all level 1..

Cparle87
Pet Score:11736
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Cparle87 » May 9th, 2019, 12:43 pm

Viruzzz wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 6:25 am
Pet week is going on, and I was wondering how people are actually leveling their pets...

I used to do it on the pet battle dailies, a few battles a day. I didn't level anything fast but I was steadily leveling pets , but those don't give any meaningful exp anymore, so now I mostly just do it if the reward is something I want or if I happen to walk right by them anyway. And outside of squirt (who will not be making a visit this week, at least not on the US realms) I don't really know of any decent repeatable/steady way to level pets anymore.
My pet levelling team is a mechanical axebeak and feline familiar. Head to the Veiled Stair in Pandaria, the entire zone has nothing but critters. Begin with axebeak, lay down a decoy, swap to your levelling pet then to FeeFam. Weaken with pounce, use iron skin when survival is up to reduce damage, kill with devour = next to no downtime.

Or wait until Squirt is up and annihilate her team over and over with a broom and BONESTORM.
https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?Strategy=730
With just the safari hat it's 5 quick battles 1 to 25.

Djkillj0y
Pet Score:9431
Realm:Terokkar-us

Post by Djkillj0y » May 15th, 2019, 2:30 pm

Just as an aside, I had 157 level 1 pets in my leveling queue when normal xp squirt rolled around last week. Even though I didn't manage to get logged in until 6pm I managed to run all night until about 8am and ended the day with about 106 left.

This was using a team with Enchanted broom and widget the departed which is slightly faster than boneswarm due to animation duration.

This was about 4-5 fights per pet, during pet week it's 2 fights so I expect to be able to clear out my queue during the next super squirt.

If I can find a good team to use during the xp week next week I may try again with a different xp farm.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » May 27th, 2019, 3:01 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 6:45 am

There are a lot of wild pets in Mechagon, the dungeon, Nazjatar and Eternal Palace. Therefore many will be 23ish, not all the way from 1.

Shapernes
Pet Score:5824
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Shapernes » May 27th, 2019, 7:03 pm

I had a ball beating Sir Galveston in Dalaran. For some reason he was up for 2 days. The 2 pets I used were pretty cheap on the AH so I got 3 of each. Then I did 1 battle, swapped pets did the second battle and the same for the third. Most of the time the free heal was ready. Stayed there a long time. My 117 hunter got to 120 by battling him. Had full heirlooms on. Was very sad the next day that Squirt didn’t give my Shaman any XP

Khorghast
Pet Score:8749
Realm:Destromath-us

Post by Khorghast » May 27th, 2019, 9:53 pm

Probably the least imaginative of the replies here, but during Pet Week I head to Falconhurst, Drustvar. There's a bunch of crabs and rats around that make for fairly short battles with my leveling team of a Highlands Turkey, a Rose Taipan and my carry pet. It's fast, steady leveling without having to fly all over the place or hang out in old content.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13538
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » May 28th, 2019, 12:45 pm

I try to keep on top of pet leveling, even outside of the pet week. I have around 7 or 8 alts parked around the world at tamers that are relatively easy to boost low levels on and, if I have pets to level, I just do those every day. It slowly adds up so I don't end up with a hundred or so pets to level all at once.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » June 3rd, 2019, 7:11 am

Gilneas wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 3:01 pm
FuxieDK wrote:

There are a lot of wild pets in Mechagon, the dungeon, Nazjatar and Eternal Palace. Therefore many will be 23ish, not all the way from 1.
Sounds good..

I have loads of +1 level stones lying around :lol: :lol:

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » August 4th, 2019, 7:01 pm

Gilneas wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 3:01 pm
FuxieDK wrote:

The only pet you are not likely going to find and get is the Duskytooth one ... all the strategies and ideas that I have seen to get it to pop ... have been just a waste of time, and I have never found a single tell about ... guess what I found ... a Duskytooth!

I'm thinking that this is on the same thought/idea as the pet on the Blingtron 6000 ... I might get it after 6451 times, and I'm dead and long gone from the game!

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » August 18th, 2019, 10:40 pm

Just use MoP + WoD + DMF tamers, 2 fights a pet 1-25 during pet week. Start at midnight and you got 8 days instead of 7. I skip two WoD tamers and without DMF, thats 15 tamers x 8 / 2 ~ 60x level 1 pets for a single pet bonus XP week, taking less than an hour every day. Wild 25 pets caged at 23, simply use the yellow +1 lvl stones, and they are done. This is by far the best XP earned / time spent method I know, but its finite and bound by pet XP week, but if you already got collection, you don't care as you dont have many pets to level. Only if you're new to pet collecting and got hundreds upon hundreds of level 1 pets, you might want a grind option where you can dump more hours into, but alas whats the rush? Just level the important pets first you might need for strategies, rest will come in due time.

Even before pet XP and yellow stones was a thing, this is what I was doing, prepping 5 level 1 pets using the old world tamers (satchel ones) so they land 8-9, then MoP+BoF them up to 23,x with few fights (not BoF XP) doing it daily with 25% pet treats, hat for 1½hr total. 3-6 stones a day, 3x small treats, 2 used, 5 pets prepped for those backline fights survival. After a long while you ended up with multiple dozen of 23,x leveled pets, and you simply capped em off farming critters in Valley of four winds using Raptors. A lot more to it than todays option, its pisstake easy nowadays, the bonus XP from pet week trivializes everything, but probably needed as there is a lot of catchup if you're new to pet collecting. As veteran collector myself, I'm not complaining either, haven't had to do my runs in years, stones in the bank, thousands of bandages and every now and again when new RWL or a patch comes out, some days with nettotal of few hours spend, and jobs done.

What really takes time is trying to hunt for desired breed wild pets as rare, and do that for all pets in the game. I did that when pet battling entered the game, fun slow long journey, taking one zone in Azeroth at a time. Later expansions I got more lazy and just stoned some pets instead of spending hours hunting them down, the perk of grunt work early years. This expansion I do put in a bit more time, saving on my stones so to speak, they are not infinite, luckily theres the marked flawless stone from WQ once in a while, but been lazy trying to grab that as well, but I definitely recommend others to target those, you will need them.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » September 24th, 2019, 12:52 am

Mehetabel wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 12:45 pm
I try to keep on top of pet leveling, even outside of the pet week. I have around 7 or 8 alts parked around the world at tamers that are relatively easy to boost low levels on and, if I have pets to level, I just do those every day. It slowly adds up so I don't end up with a hundred or so pets to level all at once.
I have 12 alts sitting in front of tamers and try to do them everyday. I level pets and I level alts. I have all my pets leveled now so I keep doing it leveling pets and selling them on the AH. I have over 2 million gold on 3 realms doing this. usually I buy cheap green pets for less than 100g . make them rare and then sell them some go for more than 8k at 25. so it is quite profitable. some from pet dungeons, island expeditions, old raids or pet tokens new and old always sell and sell for 30k plus. so it is well worth it

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » October 27th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Johanxv wrote:
October 27th, 2020, 3:13 am
I was in the same situation, I also didn't know how to level my pets but I have a friend which has been played for a long time and he helps me with any questions.
Hi,

It's not too difficult if you use the addon and you can tell when the opposing pet is going to plunk a big one and you prepare to mitigate that.

Once you get used to who should do what, it gets much easier, and you see the master's pets (there is tab with them btw!!!) and you know what you gotta have pretty much.

For the dailies (120 and WQ's) I have a notepad file with the names and what I should use and it takes 3 minutes each tops every time, and it makes it easier than have to go look around for it.

There are some bits that make it easier ... in some places, almost all the pets are one type (ie. Val'sharah for example) and you know that you use the Teraclaw Hatchling and anything else that takes on the critters easy enough. After that the dailies are easy ... and that just about covers most of it when you are high level and collecting pets ... the rest of the time I use the Special Week, Squirt and the Murleys ... if I have to, but with 1100+ pets, in WQ's, and Boat missions I get more PC's than I can use ... and end up grabbing some unusual pets, turn them 25 and ... yep ... AH!

And, if I feel lazy, I just buy the rox and voila ... another 25 and I still have way over 500 PC's.