3 unborn valk team

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us
3 unborn valk team

Post by Echinacea » March 16th, 2019, 11:53 pm

well, i spent a few hours flying my 79 shaman all over northrend and i now have 3 of the lil things. does anyone use a team of 3 for any particular battle?

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Aggramar-us

Re: 3 unborn valk team

Post by Harpooha » March 19th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Don't think I have ever seen that. Not really sure what it would bring to the table.

I used to think it would be cool to run 3 Minfernals back in the days when they were hard to get. But other than for the novelty, it wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Re: 3 unborn valk team

Post by Uduwudu » March 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Echinacea wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 11:53 pm
well, i spent a few hours flying my 79 shaman all over northrend and i now have 3 of the lil things. does anyone use a team of 3 for any particular battle?
I suppose you could ... for the longest time I used BOTH types of UV for many fights and they do well, one does more damage, and the other takes less damage ... so they have their usage ... with one very tough bit to address ... nowadays, many of the opposing pets are very good at sidestepping your big hit ... and this hurts the UV's use of the Doom spell, and it makes things a bit tougher ... you always want to make sure that your big hit comes home!

A further example is the fight in Drustvar in the spider area ... with your Iron Starlette, it adjusts to what you do, and son of a gun, 1 out of 3 times you have to restart the fight because it waited and waited and waited, and then dove to prevent your big hit! One time I used the poison/venom first, and still the spider waited for the big hit before popping Dive.

I suppose that you could use the UV's for credit into the Family Familiar thing, but you might have a few issues here and there, and with 950+ pets, nowadays, having that many UV's might not be necessary as there are enough pets that can take over the damage and do a better job ... but I can tell you that I used both UV's I had at the time in many pet battles.

In Legion, and now BoA, I'm not sure that they will be as efficient as other pets can be, because of the adjustments ... in older days there were less adjustments and it was far easier to do the fights, than they are now ... and I still have not bothered doing a whole lot in the Family Familiar thing.

The trick, I think (and this my mind thinking, btw) is all about how well you know the spells you have and how you use them, and then cover for the big hits coming, so you don't take any more damage than you need to.