Pet Battle week and Pet Treats

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Cynner13
Pet Score:4618
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us
Pet Battle week and Pet Treats

Post by Cynner13 » February 12th, 2019, 11:35 am

Does the 200% from the pet battle week stack up with the pet treat xp bonuses?

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Pet Battle week and Pet Treats

Post by Gráinne » February 13th, 2019, 1:40 am

Yes.

Use Pet Week + Pet Treat + Lesser Pet Treat + Safari Hat and you're into amazing XP. Repeatable Legion tamers will get a pet almost to 25 in one battle this week

See
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829
for all the numbers!

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » February 13th, 2019, 3:48 pm

But its wasted as you need 2 tamers only from 1-25 anyway...

Assume level 1 pet during the pet week (which you cant turn off) and with a Safari Hat which is also free once its attained and stays on, doing 12,5x tamers (level 25) (vast majority):

- 11238 xp from level 1, puts you at level 17 and 963 xp in.

do another battle

- 13098 xp from level 17, puts you at level 25 and a total of 24336 xp gotten (11238+13098), and total of 23885xp is needed for 25. 451 xp wasted only.

Free premises, highly efficient use of XP. Couldn't be more simple.

Jennly

Post by Jennly » February 13th, 2019, 6:27 pm

Gráinne wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 1:40 am
Yes.

Use Pet Week + Pet Treat + Lesser Pet Treat + Safari Hat and you're into amazing XP. Repeatable Legion tamers will get a pet almost to 25 in one battle this week

See
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829
for all the numbers!
Have you tested that this year? I think they changed it so the two treats don't stack anymore :( It would be wonderful if I was wrong though

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » February 13th, 2019, 7:11 pm

Jennly wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 6:27 pm
I think they changed it so the two treats don't stack anymore :( It would be wonderful if I was wrong though
They stack.

There was an bug discovered at one point that made treats of the same kind stack, so that you could stack multiple burgers for essentially infinite XP. When that was announced as an exploit, they disabled the ability of treats to stack. Once the bug was fixed, they went back to allowing them to stack again. :)

However, Lolfixheal is right. I just checked. With Hat + both Treats + Pet Week, you get 1->19 in one battle, and the second battle to finish the pet will waste a lot of XP. It's more economical to save your Treats if levelling from 1.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 16th, 2019, 11:00 am

Jennly wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Have you tested that this year? I think they changed it so the two treats don't stack anymore :( It would be wonderful if I was wrong though
What makes you think they changed it out of curiousity? The only notable thing they have changed is BFA tamer experience gains, but haven't seen any buff changes.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » February 16th, 2019, 8:03 pm

Forgot to add my Safari Hat on todays route and thought I'd just add to my previous statements. You still land at level 17 from 1 with Sign of the Critter only XP-source added, land at 600XP in rather 963XP in. Second match still pops your pet to 25 without the hat.

It is idiot proof, you cannot actively fuck this up during petweek :roll: :D

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » February 17th, 2019, 4:53 am

Jerebear wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 11:00 am
What makes you think they changed it out of curiousity? The only notable thing they have changed is BFA tamer experience gains, but haven't seen any buff changes.
Heh. We're getting old. :) It was temporary, but you were actually in the thread that discussed it when it happened.

viewtopic.php?t=17360

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » February 18th, 2019, 8:51 am

Hi,

The weird part of it all, is that most of us that are already so far up, and all 900+ pets are already 25 and Rare, that we end up not bothering much ... last week I did save the pet I got and another one this week, and Thursday and Friday did Ashlei with them, and 6 or 7 levels is no big deal ... I had the stones for them anyway, since I also go after all the individual class leveling stones ... so I use them.

Now, if you had ... let's say ... 240 pets that are not leveled, or some other very large number, I can see how this information is valuable ... however, it also tells me that the rest of the time, you might not be taking advantage of some of the things you can do out there ... you can still do Ashlei (with hat pet goes to 12 on regular and no treats), you can still go to Murlocs (same thing -- with the advantage that if you have 4 characters at 120, you can do Murlocs 4 times (once each character) ... 1, 12, 17 and 20 or thereabouts.

Surprise of surprises ... I have only used the Safari Hat, and never wasted anything on treats at all ... I was more paying attention to the dailies and then to the bonus events and my favorite ... Squirt! Again, I have mentioned that in one day I got over 1000 levels done ... and that meant that I did the equivalent of 40 Level 1 pets all the way up with Squirt ... the posts with that stuff are somewhere here on this board ... I was so happy and surprised that I just kept going.

But now ... I save a few gold, and when Squirt is due ... on the 32nd ... I will get the pets and save them until then. And then finish them with whatever stones I have. And I still average over 200 PC's on my main character that carries all the Charms and Stones.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » February 18th, 2019, 8:55 am

Hi,

PS ... and if WCP is right, I have 186 pets to get at 25 each ... or about 4650 Levels to go and top out everything if I could get every single pet on the list -- which is impossible since some are not available ... so let's say that I only need 4K Levels or stones ...

Pet treats are for my tiger, and coyote (!!!) ... they love it! But the deer ... oh well ... they like cereal! Every morning, too!

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 19th, 2019, 7:05 am

Gráinne wrote:
February 17th, 2019, 4:53 am
Jerebear wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 11:00 am
Heh. We're getting old. :) It was temporary, but you were actually in the thread that discussed it when it happened.

viewtopic.php?t=17360
I'm definitely getting old (no doubt there) and my memory is always short!

In this case, though, I was responding to the "have you tested this year" comment which in response to a link to my guide that was listed as up to date as of 8.1. I was wondering what happened between 8.1 and now that made them think it had changed again so recently.

Hopefully that frames it a bit better than my original reply?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » February 19th, 2019, 7:12 am

Jerebear wrote:
February 19th, 2019, 7:05 am
Hopefully that frames it a bit better than my original reply?
Ah, yes. I see! Thank you.