Now that Gnomeregan is over ...

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Re: Now that Gnomeregan is over ...

Post by Rosqo » February 26th, 2019, 12:20 pm

I don't want to go much more off topic with the rewards from these dungeons.

The Warcraft Pets rating system is based on historical users voting for pets, it's not actually based on current standings. Pets viability change from expansion to the expansion due to a combination of nerfs/buffs and power creep. Warcraft Pets rating system doesn't take these into account so is a mix of out of date information and player bias.

I would put the pets in this order
Best - Leper Rat & Yula
Next - Xufu, Everliving Spore, Foe Reaper, Alarm-o-dog
The rest - Son of Skum and Pocket Cannon are especially bad.

Darcadia
MVP
Pet Score:13629
Realm:Blackwater Raiders-us

Post by Darcadia » February 27th, 2019, 1:12 pm

Gnomeregan isn't over! Keep running it to obtain more of the pets to sell on the AH. The median price for the mech-puppy is 180k, which will pay for your subscription for a month. Let's put our pet skills to good use :geek:

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » February 28th, 2019, 9:05 am

Rosqo wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 12:20 pm
I don't want to go much more off topic with the rewards from these dungeons.
You see, that is part of the problem ... specially when the issues are related to far larger ideas and concepts. At that point, comments on the small tidbit of this or that, are negligible and often ignored.

We don't know, if the real issue is that the "engine" that has all the pets and this and that is so limited that this is all we can get. I would hope that's not it ... but when things continue with the mobs we're fighting very strong, and we do not have that many equivalent choices, and then ... we can't heal or replace them!

It's a challenge, for sure, but one that will turn out a lot of folks that will give up, as many of my friends have ... I'm the only one doing Pet Battles, and three of them had twice as many pets as I did when I did my first one at WC.

Nowadays, with enough pets on my list, I'm not concerned ... I can do these well enough ... just don't feel like it, you could say!

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » March 16th, 2019, 9:29 am

I hope they continue the story line with the mysterious figure and it leads to something.

Brawler
Top Rater
Pet Score:6347
Realm:Jaedenar-us

Post by Brawler » March 22nd, 2019, 9:03 am

Keep the initial normal-mode run at the beginning of every dungeon. There is a purpose for it.
How else would you build, test and save the most optimal teams for fights you'll be doing almost another dozen or so more times?
Nevermind...nobody actually does that anymore. They just go to xu-fu's site and copy/paste the teams. /facepalm