Your favourite low key PVP pet

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Your favourite low key PVP pet

Post by Rosqo » February 5th, 2019, 6:57 am

Hiya everyone,

Wanted to see what everyone's low keys decent PVP favourite pets are?

To qualify it can't be on this list https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=PvPDetails

Hopefully the pets is somewhat decent but if you really love the King Snake why not.

Magrissn

Re: Your favourite low key PVP pet

Post by Magrissn » February 7th, 2019, 7:22 pm

mechanical axebeak; great against Beasts and has a block. also so cheap to buy on AH. young talbuk s/s it has flurry and horn gore which can punch thru sandstorms and useful if you are not faster than your opponent. living sandling -sandstorm and punch good against Twilight Clutch Sister. coastal sandpiper- priority move and quicksand which hits at around 460 and slows opponent.
Last edited by Magrissn on February 8th, 2019, 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tekulve2018
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Tekulve2018 » February 7th, 2019, 8:16 pm

My vote goes to an aquatic pet:
The p/p Emperor Crab - surge /healing wave / shell shield

Run this with an s/s Jademist dancer and any 3rd with synergy (h/p blightbreath is great)
You'll want weather up to make surge really punish opponents and to make the heal stronger

This pet gives a monster self heal, defence and a hard hitting priority move
Tekulve
Last edited by Tekulve2018 on February 9th, 2019, 4:07 am, edited 5 times in total.

Duroxas
Top Rater
Pet Score:6333
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Duroxas » February 7th, 2019, 9:20 pm

I was working on the all mechs pvp achievement, and the MVP was absolutely the Mechanical Frostboar. Strong, fast, with decoy and a team heal. It became a fave real fast for me ;3

Magrissn

Post by Magrissn » February 8th, 2019, 7:55 am

good call with the emperor crab but that pet is on Discodoggy's tier list and I think Hirsu's also. perhaps this not being listed by Rosqo as a tier pet is an oversight?

Rosqo

Post by Rosqo » February 8th, 2019, 11:50 am

Yeah I didn't even realise it wasn't on their. I'll get it added over the weekend as it's probably tier 2 on there.

Tekulve2018
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Tekulve2018 » February 8th, 2019, 6:38 pm

Alright
This pet is another go-to for me...you'll likely tell me it's another omission from your list..lol

Fragment of Anger-seethe / SFire beam /soul rush
Breaking decoys..possible stuns..hard hitting and great hp/racial
The pet carries it's weight every time

A lesser used one..
MrWiggles
Slot 1: hoof vs undeads (very common in pvp) or diseased bite vs Hum (mainly Anub./imps)
Crouch and Headbutt
If you are dealing with a lot of shields you can sub out headbutt for uncanny luck buffs
The pet is versatile, tanky, strong vs some popular families and decent critter racial
Tekulve

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:12995
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » February 11th, 2019, 8:07 am

Fragment of Anger is a tier pet too.

I'd go with Feline Familiar. Stoneskin gives it survivability and Onyx Bite destroys flyers. Obviously it is vulnerable to mechs, but that's why it's not a tier pet.

Not sure how Hermit Crab isn't a tier pet when Boghopper is. Freaking crab is miserable to kill.

Rosqo

Post by Rosqo » February 11th, 2019, 2:51 pm

Fragment of Anger used to be a tier pet before undead and the aoe was nerfed. Now it's similar to like a moth or Bonkers.

Feline Familiar is a decent choice really tanky if it can survive.

Hermit Crab is on their. Tbh Boghopper probably needs to drop down a level as it's generally really fragile.

Lordy
Pet Score:10871

Post by Lordy » March 22nd, 2019, 10:16 am

I love the H/H Lost of Lordaeron for PvP

With a big health pool + Racial this lil ghost is deadly for opponent flyers even if they dodge to the back row with Arcane Explosion. Also with no wasted points in speed his Shadow Slash + Curse of doom package hits really hard for an H/H breed. Probably the pet I most often swap into a team to deal with troublesome flyers and humanoids.

Alien
MVP
Pet Score:5498
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Alien » March 25th, 2019, 2:23 am

I'm very fond of the crocolisks. A team of three of them named after Sex and the City characters is my goto fun team. Back in the day, undead pets seemed to be everywhere and everyone had an Unborn Val'kyr as their first unit. For that reason and because it tore triple sunflower teams apart, it was pretty strong. Also, it was fun to play. With a normal speed attack in Rip, a fast attack in Surge and the big combo with Blood in the Water, you had some options. I enjoyed playing around with the timing of using those abilities while people would shield, dodge and/or swap.

The meta has moved on repeatedly since then, but I still have fun with it sometimes. It's also my first thing to try against each new trainer in every expansion. When in doubt, crocolisks.