Super Squirt

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Whoppadoo
Pet Score:12204
Realm:Maiev-us
Super Squirt

Post by Whoppadoo » December 21st, 2018, 4:31 pm

so if my calculations are correct the next Super Squirt day is gonna be xmas?...Guess I know what xmas gift I will be asking for...Time...lots of free time! :D

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Re: Super Squirt

Post by Uduwudu » December 21st, 2018, 8:59 pm

Hi,

I have to get a few more pets!

Down to just a handful and not be have to use Squirt ... quite a far stretch from the couple of days a few years back when I did almost 500 to 600 levels in one day alone! It was easy, because it was also Pet Bonus week, but I have not seen that daily double for a long time.

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Jaladar » December 22nd, 2018, 10:14 am

Uduwudu wrote:Hi,

I have to get a few more pets!

Down to just a handful and not be have to use Squirt ... quite a far stretch from the couple of days a few years back when I did almost 500 to 600 levels in one day alone! It was easy, because it was also Pet Bonus week, but I have not seen that daily double for a long time.
Christmas day IS the daily double high holy mecha Pet Bonus Week coupled with Squirt Day! While everyone else is passed out from the morning festivities I will be leveling all my lowbie pets!

Tekulve2018
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Tekulve2018 » December 23rd, 2018, 4:53 pm

The last time Squirt came around, I was leveling an alt with it.

You can expect the toon xp to be somewhat underwhelming. Even using the quickest carry pet strat:bronze whelp/widget,
you get about 3 battles in 5 min. I recall a 1% xp gain/battle for a 110 level toon. This comes to 6% every 10 min.
Island exp. gave me 10% per run (approx.10 min)

If one is leveling pets anyway..why not run out a toon you need to level..I have a lvl 112 that I will use of course.
Happy pet leveling everyone! 8-)
Tekulve

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » December 24th, 2018, 8:41 am

Tekulve2018 wrote: ...
If one is leveling pets anyway..why not run out a toon you need to level..I have a lvl 112 that I will use of course.
Happy pet leveling everyone! 8-)
Tekulve
Actually, I have all my levels between 100 and 109 doing most of my pet battles ... it's better XP than the regular thing, though you do not get 2 or 3 quests in the same place kind of thing. I often make Val'sharah the first stop, but in general, High Mountain, Azsuna, and Stormheim are very good for XP and before you know it, your ALT has another level.

After 110, I still have them do the pet battles, depending on the needs ... for example, since this ALT needs XP, this is the ALT that does all the Ashlei and that series of quests (has to be 105 if I remember correctly).

Also valuable and important is to check the DAILY WQ's on the Broken Isles ... skip most of the battles, except the leveling stones for some classes and the blue stones, or even the green stones ... all those are needed and helpful. You don't get many of these, usually twice a week only or so, because of the other garbage, but even though it is a small bit it helps ... Ex: Pet Battle against Viciosa had 5 Critter Level Stones ... three ALT's ... voila ... 15 levels for Critters in your listing.

But Squirt and Pet Battle Bonus ... is the best!

PS: Don't forget to check the Murlocs ... I save 2 or 3 Level 1's if I do not feel like doing Ashlei and do them with the Murlocs. With Hat on, it's like 1/12/16/19 or something like that ...

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 24th, 2018, 10:51 am

Keep in mind that player EXP for pet battles can come from two sources: the battle itself and any related quest turn in. So doing tamers like Ashlei gives more than 2x the EXP than doing a repeat of Squirt (I forget if the daily gives EXP for squirt or not off the top of my head). I was doing the 1 hour MoP/WoD circuit the other night and my 113 was getting 12XXX ish for the battle and 16XXX for the quest for a sum of 29.5k is per tamer battle (it could be vice versa, but I think the quest gave more than the battle). The net result was over half a level after 18 tamer fights that hour, but again quests were a big part of that EXP. If I remember right about which gave which EXP, that matches close to Tekulve's 1% (though a bit higher than that) per Squirt battle (After the quest turn in if that does give EXP).

To be honest, if I was gonna go for player EXP during pet battle week with a bonus of pet EXP (as opposed to the other weighting), I would look out for the Beasts of Burden WQ. 5-6 round repeatable kill (assuming you only fight one of them). It's less pet EXP than Squirt, but more player EXP since you can do it more times.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829