Pet Battle World Quests

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Moridorn
Pet Score:3210
Realm:Gilneas-us
Pet Battle World Quests

Post by Moridorn » December 4th, 2018, 5:19 am

Could someone tell me why i can see the pet battle world quest icons on the map for one of my 120 level characters but not on another ? Thanks ! :D

Deviantelf
Pet Score:12827
BattleTag®:Deviantelf#1836
Realm:Dalaran-us

Re: Pet Battle World Quests

Post by Deviantelf » December 4th, 2018, 10:10 am

I don't know for sure at all. But I did notice I didn't have a pet battle on horde in north east Stormsong valley on my horde when it was up. So I made a point to go there and do some quests, and the next time it was up it was up for both factions.

I don't know if it was quests or just exploration, but maybe that will help the discussion/help figure it out.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 4th, 2018, 12:12 pm

In addition to having to "unlock" WQs on an 120 alt (IIRC, it's just a quick chat with an NPC to unlock them if you've already gone through the process on another toon), it's possible that Pet Battle tracking was turned off on one of your toons. Check that you have it on:
  • Open your World Map on the toon that cannot see the Pet Battle WQs.
  • Click on the magnifying glass on the map's upper right corner.
  • Make sure you're tracking all Pet Battle related content.
There have been a few cases where an addon was interfering with Pet Battle WQs showing up, so if the above doesn't work, you can try that as well.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » December 5th, 2018, 3:10 am

I've noticed that happening on a few of my toons, with no idea why. Somehow Pet Battles has gotten turned off on my map. I know we didn't do it, heck, we didn't even know how.