Unlimited Pet Leveling with Sir Galveston

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Chadcloman
Pet Score:4456
BattleTag®:Chad#12149
Realm:Dalaran-us
Unlimited Pet Leveling with Sir Galveston

Post by Chadcloman » September 16th, 2018, 2:10 pm

Sir Galveston is a pet master in Dalaran – Broken Isles who periodically appears for a world quest. He’s great for leveling an arbitrary number of pets, for the following reasons:
  • Sir Galveston remains after the world quest is done and can be fought repeatedly until you leave the zone, leveling as many pets as you wish.
  • The carry pet takes no damage, so pets of any level can be carried.
  • The required pets are fairly inexpensive and easy to obtain, assuming you have revered status with Court of Farondis in Legion.
  • Rewards significant pet XP, even for a level 24 carry pet.
Lineup:
  1. [pet]Court Scribe[/pet] (P/S) (1/2/2)
  2. Carry Pet
  3. [pet]Scourged Whelpling[/pet] (P/S) (x/1/2)
It should be acceptable to substitute Lofty Libram (1/2/2) for Court Scribe. Otherwise, however, substitutions aren’t really possible, as this strategy relies on specific abilities and combinations of abilities. I recommend using the P/S breed for Scourged Whelpling instead of the H/H breed.

Fight Instructions/Strategy:

Court Scribe:
Curse of Doom [1]
Arcane Blast <Coach swaps in before it goes off>
Amplify Magic [2] <enemy flies up high before it goes off>
Arcane Blast until Coach is dead [3]
Sir Murkeston swaps in [4]
Arcane Blast <Greatest Foe swaps in before it goes off>
Arcane Blast <you die before it goes off>

Carry Pet:
Swap in carry pet
Swap in Scourged Whelpling [5]

Scourged Whelpling:
Call Darkness [6]
Dreadful Breath until all enemies are dead [7]

Notes:
  1. This will do nearly 1500 damage to Sir Murkeston while he’s swapped out. It’s essentially a one-shot.
  2. Do this for two reasons: (1) Coach will fly high and can’t be hit, and (2) this will also boost the Curse of Doom damage when it goes off.
  3. Sir Murkeston takes Curse of Doom hit in the background on the same round Coach dies. Leaves him with minimal health or kills him outright for a critical hit.
  4. Or Greatest Foe if Sir Murkeston died, but that doesn’t change what you do.
  5. Note that because you swap the carry pet in after a death, it can swap out immediately while still getting XP but without taking damage This would not be the case if you swapped in/out at a different time.
  6. While this reduces accuracy, causing Dreadful Breath to occasionally miss, the damage done and the healing denied make it worth using.
  7. This will kill Sir Murkeston while he’s swapped out.
Last edited by Chadcloman on September 21st, 2018, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rdj65
Pet Score:12492
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Re: Unlimited Pet Leveling with Sir Galveston

Post by Rdj65 » September 18th, 2018, 10:57 pm

Thanks for the information. This is great!

Well done!

Rykenprime
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Rykenprime » September 20th, 2018, 6:25 pm

Lofty Libram can be used instead of Court Scribe as well.

Chadcloman
Pet Score:4456
BattleTag®:Chad#12149
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Chadcloman » September 21st, 2018, 2:01 am

Rykenprime wrote:Lofty Libram can be used instead of Court Scribe as well.
Thank you. I've updated the OP to reflect that fact.

Neesie
Top Rater
Pet Score:10368
BattleTag®:Norrissa#1653
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Neesie » September 21st, 2018, 3:37 pm

I just did one of the BFA WQ's with a lineup of lvl 1 pets and wearing the safari hat they were lvl 4 at the end. I just killed one of theirs with one of mine and switched pets so each had a turn. At level 1 and with everyone having only one ability it's super quick n easy. You can level any same level team in BFA this way.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 22nd, 2018, 11:28 am

Neesie wrote:I just did one of the BFA WQ's with a lineup of lvl 1 pets and wearing the safari hat they were lvl 4 at the end. I just killed one of theirs with one of mine and switched pets so each had a turn. At level 1 and with everyone having only one ability it's super quick n easy. You can level any same level team in BFA this way.
without exact exp earned numbers it is hard to say exactly, but that seems correct. A bunch of level 1's vs a tamer with all level ones would be:

BFA tamer bonus = 3x
Safari Hat + Pet week = 3.1x
(1+9)*(1+5-1)*2.5*3*3.1 = 1162-1163 experience, split 3 ways is 387-388 experience per pet, which would get each to level 4
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » September 29th, 2018, 11:18 pm

Hi,

Now that I don't have Level 1 pets ... they are all 25 and Rare already, except one or two on the way!

Reminds me of things two years back, when in one day I did Squirt for nearly 500 levels on a whole bunch of pets, and the next time was about 300 or so (I posted it here somewhere!), and then I decided to do a few more to get them even further up, though not as much.

All in all, though, my favorite STILL is the Pet Battle Bonus week ... when you really could/should/would make sure all your pets are past level 15 or more. I say level 15, because you can use them as a 3rd pet in various zones, and get them even more experience. Basically, my "process" is to always use the 3rd pet as the leveling one for XP, so that you are working into a "progressive" mode that helps the continuity of bringing up your pets.

GAWD ... this old man is thinking too much again!

Musicalchemist
Pet Score:7258
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Musicalchemist » November 12th, 2018, 3:18 am

Best thing I've found all day. I rushed through my leveling queue in no time flat with this. I used Lofty Libram for this fight and it was a health breed, but the strategy still works just fine. There were a few times were RNG got the better of me, if Greatest Foe lands any crits on you or if Call Darkness causes your Dreadful Breath to miss, it can end in failure, but it's a rare occasion for that to happen.Thank you for this, I wouldn't have ever known you can fight Sir Galveston infinitely if not for this.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 12th, 2018, 10:03 am

You can also used a Macabre Marionette, if you have one. When it comes in vs. Greatest Foe, you just use Macabre Maraca 5 times. If the CoD didn't kill the murloc, you can finish him with either an additional maraca or Bone Barrage after Greatest Foe dies.

Just another option.