My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

Guide: Beating Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, fast!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Vancleef

Pet Score: 5673
Realm: Silvermoon-EU

Guide: Beating Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, fast!

Postby Vancleef » June 19th, 2018, 6:28 pm

Hi everyone! When I'm levelling new characters, I often do the daily tamer quests in the Eastern Kingdoms to gain character xp. All these tamers can easily be defeated with any team of level 25 pets. However, a while ago I started working on optimizing my strategies for beating these fights. I've put together the following guide to share what I've come up with.

---

This guide is for beating the Alliance pet tamer daily quests in the Eastern Kingdoms. It isn't aimed at helping players new to pet battles with the quests, but rather help experienced collectors beat them as quickly and in as few moves as possible. To follow the guide you will need several copies of a few somewhat rare and expensive pets.

Compared to the tamer dailies and world quests in Pandaria, Draenor, the Broken Isles and the BfA zones, these dailies give little experience to high level carry pets and you won't receive rewards like battle-stones and pet charms. However, these tamers can be defeated much faster than other tamers, and most of them are quite close together (unfortunately for Horde characters, the corresponding tamers in Kalimdor are further apart). I find it a great way to gain character experience in a quite fast and predictable way, once per day. Any low-level carry pets you bring along will quickly level up, and if you're not yet exalted with your guild, you'll get guild reputation for each battle won.

If you complete all the dailies with a full set of heirlooms, you will gain about half a character level (this varies from level to level).

All the strategies below allow you to bring along a level 1 carry pet (or two), without any risk of it dying. If you want to maximize pet experience, I've listed the optimal level for your carry pet. This information is taken directly from Jerebear's fantastic Carry Pet Experience Reference, please check it out for more information on how that works.

My goal has been to find strategies that will always work. I've tried to eliminate any possibilities of crits and other RNG messing things up.

= REQUIRED PETS ==================================================================

Benax (used in 1 battle)
Blackfuse Bombling H/H or Lil' Siege Tower H/H (used in 1 battle)
Blackfuse Bombling P/P (used in 7 battles)
Blackfuse Bombling P/P — a second one (used in 1 battle)
Gulp Froglet, any breed (used in 1 battle)
Iron Starlette P/P (used in 1 battle)
Netherspace Abyssal H/H (used in 2 battles)
Netherspace Abyssal P/P (used in 1 battle)
Nexus Whelpling P/P (used in 1 battle)
Rascal-Bot, any breed (used in 1 battle)
Sunblade Micro-Defender, any breed (used in 2 battles)
Sunblade Micro-Defender H/P (used in 1 battle)

All these pets should be level 25 and rare quality.

Apart from these, I also recommend bringing extras of pets with the Armageddon ability, for example I have both H/S and H/P Sunblade Micro-Defenders and P/B and S/B Rascal-Bots in my roster.

= ITEMS ==========================================================================

You will need to bring pet bandages, since P/P Blackfuse Bomblings are used in more than half the battles, and will die in every battle.

Other things I recommend:

• A full set of heirlooms — Remember to have them upgraded, their xp buff won't work on higher level characters otherwise.
  • Safari Hat — Gives you more pet experience.
  • Renowned Guild Tabard — With this you will get 250 guild rep for each tamer you defeat. The tabard is Bind on Account, so you can mail it over from another character.
  • Excess Potion of Accelerated Learning — You should use this if you're between level 91 and 99. It's not consumable after 99, but its buff will stay active even if you're at a higher level. So you should also use one just before you level up to 100 for one more hour of higher xp gains.
  • If the Darkmoon Faire is active you can get the WHEE! buff from the carousel for extra character and pet experience.
  • Guild cloaks (Shroud of Cooperation, Wrap of Unity, Cloak of Coordination) — For faster travel.

= ROUTE ==========================================================================

To do these dailies effectively, you'll need to have flying unlocked (available at level 60). You'll fly from tamer to tamer with your mount.

Starting in Stormwind, the fastest route is: Stormwind > Elwynn Forest > Westfall > Duskwood > Northern Stranglethorn > Cape of Stranglethorn > Deadwind Pass > Swamp of Sorrows > Redridge Mountains > Burning Steppes > Searing Gorge

With 280% flying (unlockable at level 70), this route takes less than 20 minutes.

If you want it to go faster you can skip Bill Buckler in Cape of Stranglethorn, he's the furthest from the other tamers on my recommended route.

I usually skip the Eastern Plaguelands and Hinterlands tamers. If you want to do them, I'd recommend setting your hearthstone to Light's Hope Chapel and use one of the guild cloaks to get back to Stormwind (Death Knights can teleport to Eastern Plaguelands). If you want to do Trixxy's daily in Winterspring you can take the Hyjal portal in Stormwind that unlocks at level 80 (druids can teleport to Moonglade and fly from there, characters with goblin engineering can use Dimensional Ripper - Everlook).

= JULIA STEVENS in ELWYNN FOREST =================================================

TEAM:
any pet with Armageddon, any breed
levelling pet (optimally level 1)

STRATEGY:
1 Armageddon (all enemy pets die)

NOTES:
The enemy is prevented from performing any actions.

= OLD MACDONALD in WESTFALL ======================================================

TEAM:
Sunblade Micro-Defender, any breed (-/1/2)

STRATEGY:
1 Interrupting Jolt
2 Armageddon (all enemy pets die)

NOTES:

= ERIC DAVIDSON in DUSKWOOD ======================================================

TEAM:
any pet with Armageddon and 289 or more power
levelling pet (optimally level 1 or 2)

STRATEGY:

NOTES:

= STEVEN LISBANE in NORTHERN STRANGLETHORN =======================================

TEAM:
Blackfuse Bombling P/P (-/-/2)
Sunblade Micro-Defender, any breed (-/1/2)
levelling pet (optimally level 2 or 3)

STRATEGY:
1 Armageddon -> bring in Sunblade Micro-Defender (first two enemy pets die)
2 Interrupting Jolt
3 Armageddon (third enemy pet dies)

NOTES:

= BILL BUCKLER in CAPE OF STRANGLETHORN ==========================================

TEAM:
Netherspace Abyssal H/H (-/2/2)
Blackfuse Bombling H/H (-/2/1) or Lil' Siege Tower H/H (-/1/2)
levelling pet (optimally level 3 or 4)

STRATEGY:
1 Nether Gate
2 Explode -> bring in Blackfuse Bombling (Eyegouger dies)
3 Flame Jet / Shock and Awe (Burgle dies)
4 Explode (Young Beaky dies)

NOTES:

= LYDIA ACCOSTE in DEADWIND PASS =================================================

TEAM:
levelling pet (optimally level 7 or 8)
Benax (-/1/2)

STRATEGY:
1 Armaggedon -> bring in levelling pet
2 switch to Benax
3 Pump
4 Pump (first enemy pet dies)
5 Mudslide
6 Pump (second enemy pet dies)
7 Pump
8 Pass (third enemy pet dies)

The strategy below saves one round, but your levelling pet will take damage. It's safe to use for mechanical, magic and undead pets of any level, but to be completely safe other families need over 432 health (humanoids over 648, aquatic pets over ~285).

TEAM:
Benax (-/1/2)

STRATEGY:
1 Armaggedon -> bring in Benax
2 Pump
3 Pump (first enemy pet dies)
4 Mudslide
5 Pump (second enemy pet dies)
6 Pump
7 switch to levelling pet (third enemy pet dies)

= EVERESSA in SWAMP OF SORROWS ===================================================

TEAM:
Blackfuse Bombling P/P (-/1/2)
Blackfuse Bombling P/P (-/2/2)
levelling pet (optimally level 6)

STRATEGY:
1 Bombing Run
2 Armageddon -> bring in Blackfuse Bombling
3 Flame Jet (first enemy pet dies)
4 Armageddon (second and third enemy pets die)

= LINDSAY in REDRIDGE MOUNTAINS ==================================================

TEAM:

STRATEGY:

NOTES:

= DURIN DARKHAMMER in BURNING STEPPES ============================================

TEAM:
levelling pet (optimally level 6 or 7)
Nexus Whelpling P/P (2/2/2)

STRATEGY:
1 Armageddon -> bring in levelling pet
2 switch to Nexus Whelpling
3 Arcane Storm
4 Mana Surge
5 Mana Surge continues
6 Mana Surge continues
7 Frost Breath (if needed)

= KORTAS DARKHAMMER in SEARING GORGE =============================================

TEAM:
Netherspace Abyssal P/P (1/2/-)
levelling pet (optimally level 5 or 6)

STRATEGY:
1 Armageddon -> bring in Netherspace Abyssal
2 Crush for 1-3 rounds (until first enemy pet dies)
3 Crush for 1-2 rounds (until second enemy pet dies)
4 Explode (when the last pet, Obsidion, enters)

NOTES:
This battle varies from four to seven rounds in length.

= DEIZA PLAGUEHORN in EASTERN PLAGUELANDS ========================================

TEAM:
Blackfuse Bombling P/P or H/P (2/-/2)
Gulp Froglet, any breed (1/1/2)
levelling pet (optimally level 5)

STRATEGY:
1 Armageddon -> bring in Gulp Froglet
2 Water Jet (first enemy pet dies)
3 Water Jet* (second enemy pet dies)
4 Mudslide
5 Corpse Explosion (third enemy pet dies)

*With a P/P Bombling, if Armageddon crits it will kill the second enemy pet already on round 1. If that happens, skip this Water Jet.

= DAVID KOSSE in THE HINTERLANDS =================================================

TEAM:
Rascal-Bot, any breed (2/-/1)
Sunblade Micro-Defender H/P (or any breed if using a P/B Rascal-Bot) (1/1/2)
levelling pet (optimally level 4 or 5)

STRATEGY:
1 Plot Twist
2 Pass if enemy pet is burrowed or dodging, otherwise continue at step 4
3 Pass if enemy pet is burrowed, otherwise continue at step 4
4 Armageddon -> bring in Sunblade-Micro Defender (first enemy pet dies)
5 Zap (second enemy pet dies)
6 Interrupting Jolt
7 Armageddon (third enemy pet dies)

NOTES:
This battle varies from five to seven rounds in length. You can get this down to max six rounds by switching the Sunblade Micro-Defender for a Knockoff Blingtron. Instead of passing on rounds 2 and 3 you'll use Armageddon and Booby-Trapped Presents. However, due to longer and more attack animations, this will actually take more time than the first strategy.

= STONE COLD TRIXXY in WINTERSPRING ==============================================

TEAM:
Iron Starlette P/P (1/2/2)

STRATEGY:
1 Nether Gate
2 Explode -> bring in Iron Starlette
3 Wind-Up
4 Toxic Smoke (Frostmaw dies)
5 Wind-Up (Tinygos dies)
6 Toxic Smoke
7 Explode (Blizzy dies)

NOTES:
This daily quest is in Kalimdor, but Alliance characters can still complete it. This strategy isn't 100% failproof, if Trixxy is lucky with crits your Starlette could be killed early.

================================================================================

UPDATES
2018-06-30: Added recommended items.
2018-10-08: New Hinterlands strategy, slight edits to Eastern Plaguelands and Cape of Stranglethorn.
Last edited by Vancleef on October 14th, 2018, 4:32 am, edited 12 times in total.

Alunaria

Pet Score: 5607
Realm: Moonglade-EU

Re: Guide: Beating Eastern Kingdoms, fast! (Alliance only)

Postby Alunaria » June 21st, 2018, 3:58 am

Hey Vancleef, that is so helpful and detailed, thank you alot for sharing it :) I am looking for an easy breezy way of casually levelling an alt, and I think this is it! Fingers crossed no major changes will mess the XP gain etc. up in Battle for Azeroth.

Thanks again :)

Vancleef

Postby Vancleef » June 30th, 2018, 3:52 am

Alunaria, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I just reached 110 on a Death Knight I've been levelling, and I used this method + the Pandaria tamers every day for a nice boost of xp. Especially nice during level 60-80, the questing in Outland and Northrend is really not up to par with the rest of the game nowadays.

While I was levelling I took some notes on how much xp I got for each daily quest (so these numbers are for patch 7.3.5). This is with a full set of heirlooms, except for the ring from the fishing competition.

(Format is Character level: xp per quest/total xp needed to level up — number of quest turn-ins needed to level up)

65: 15225/367000 — 25 turn-ins required to level up
66: 15375/374000 — 25
82: 18675/492000 — 27
83: 18900/497000 — 27
85: 19275/517000 — 27
86: 19500/545000 — 28
89: 20100/562000 — 28
90: 20550/596000 — 30
91: 23545/603000 — 26 with Excess Potion of Accelerated Learning
95: 24480/627000 — 26 with Excess Potion of Accelerated Learning
102: 23025/669000 — 30
105: 23625/687000 — 30
106: 23850/693000 — 30

So if you complete all 13 low-level tamers you're close to getting a level every two days; if you do the 10 tamers that are the closest together you'll get a level every 3 days.

Vancleef

Postby Vancleef » October 14th, 2018, 4:25 am

I've gone ahead and figured out strategies for the Horde tamers in Kalimdor. It's been a fun challenge and puzzle to try to find the fastest ways to beat them. Just as with the Alliance strategies above, these allow you to safely bring along level 1 pets (they will take no damage), except for in two battles (Crysa in Northern Barrens and Zoltan in Felwood).

= REQUIRED PETS ==================================================================

Benax (used in 1 battle)
Blackfuse Bombling P/P (used in 8 battles)
Corrupted Blood (used in 1 battle)
Iron Starlette P/P (used in 1 battle)
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling or Darkmoon Zeppelin (used in 1 battle)
Netherspace Abyssal H/H (used in 1 battle)
Netherspace Abyssal P/P (used in 1 battle)
Nexus Whelpling P/P (used in 1 battle)
Nexus Whelpling P/P — a second one (used in 1 battle)
Rascal-Bot, any breed (used in 2 battles)
Sunblade Micro-Defender H/P (used in 1 battle)
Sunblade Micro-Defender H/P — a second one (used in 1 battle)
Twilight Clutch-Sister, any breed (used in 1 battle)

All these pets should be level 25 and rare quality.

= ROUTE ==========================================================================

The Horde tamers in Kalimdor are not as close together as the Alliance ones in the Eastern Kingdoms, so visiting them all takes more time.

If you would like to do all these daily quests, the shortest route, starting from Orgrimmar, is: Orgrimmar > Durotar > Northern Barrens > Dustwallow Marsh > Thousand Needles > Southern Barrens > Feralas > Desolace > Stonetalon Mountains > Ashenvale > Felwood > Moonglade > Winterspring

One way to speed up this route is to set your hearthstone to Karnum's Glade in the center of Desolace. The innkeeper there is very close to the zone's tamer. Immediately after you've visited Feralas, you can then use your hearthstone to skip one of the longest distances between tamers. If you're playing a mage, you could instead set your hearthstone to Stonemaul Hold in Feralas or to Mudsprocket in Dustwallow Marsh and use it after you're done in Northern Barrens. To get close to Desolace, you'll use Teleport: Thunder Bluff.

Taking the portal to Mount Hyjal from Orgrimmar might be a good way to get to the northern tamers. While you're there you could also battle the Cataclysm tamer Brok.

= ZUNTA in DUROTAR ===============================================================

TEAM:

STRATEGY:

NOTES:

= CRYSA in NORTHERN BARRENS ======================================================

TEAM:
Nexus Whelpling P/P (1/2/2)
levelling pet (optimally level 10 or 11)
Nexus Whelpling P/P (1/2/2)

Crysa isn't one of the original tamers in Kalimdor, but I've included her in this guide since she is in a very convenient location along our route. She is not suitable for levelling level 1 pets, due to AoE damage.

My way of beating her is to use two P/P Nexus Whelplings with Tail Sweep, Mana Surge and Arcane Storm. Start with Arcane Storm, then Mana Surge, use Tail Sweep as filler when the other abilities are on cooldown. Bring in a higher level levelling pet after the first Nexus Whelpling dies, then immediately switch to the second Whelpling.

= DAGRA THE FIRECE in NORTHERN BARRENS ===========================================

TEAM:

STRATEGY:

NOTES:

= GRAZZLE THE GREAT in DUSTWALLOW MARSH ==========================================

TEAM:
Netherspace Abyssal P/P (1/2/-)
levelling pet (optimally level 5)

STRATEGY:
1 Armageddon -> bring in Netherspace Abyssal
2 Crush (first enemy pet dies)
3 Crush (second enemy pet dies)
4 Explode (third enemy pet dies)

= KELA GRIMTOTEM in THOUSAND NEEDLES =============================================

TEAM:
Rascal-Bot, any breed (2/-/1)
levelling pet (optimally level 5 or 6)

STRATEGY:
1 Armageddon -> bring in Rascal-Bot
2 Plot Twist
3 Plot Twist* (first enemy pet dies)
4 Plot Twist (second enemy pet dies)
5 Armageddon (third enemy pet dies)

*The first enemy pet can already die on round 2 if you're lucky with crits. In that case skip this Plot Twist.

= CASSANDRA KABOOM in SOUTHERN BARRENS ===========================================

TEAM:
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (1/2/1) or Darkmoon Zeppelin (1/2/1)
levelling pet (optimally level 3 or 4)

STRATEGY:
Open with this:

1 Flame Jet
2 Armageddon -> bring in Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling or Darkmoon Zeppelin

After that, follow these rules:

If Cluckatron is lifted off, Pass, otherwise use Thunderbolt.
If Thunderbolt is already on cooldown, use Breath or Missile instead.

Immediately when the last enemy pet enters (on round 4-6), use Explode.

= TRAITOR GLUK in FERALAS ========================================================

TEAM:
Rascal-Bot, any breed (-/2/1)
Blackfuse Bombling, any breed (2/2/1)
levelling pet (optimally level 4 or 5)

STRATEGY:
1 Amber Prison
2 Armageddon -> bring in Blackfuse Bombling
3 Zap (Rasp dies)
4 Flame Jet (Glimmer dies)
5 Explode (Prancer dies)

NOTES:

= MERDA STRONGHOOF in DESOLACE ===================================================

TEAM:
Sunblade Micro-Defender H/P (-/1/2)
Sunblade Micro-Defender H/P (-/1/2)
levelling pet (optimally level 2 or 3)

STRATEGY:
1 Interrupting Jolt
2 Armageddon -> bring in Sunblade Micro-Defender (first enemy pet dies)
3 Interrupting Jolt
4 Armageddon (second and third enemy pets die)

NOTES:

= ZONYA THE SADIST in STONETALON MOUNTAINS =======================================

TEAM:
any pet with Armageddon and 276 or more power
any pet with Corpse Explosion, Explode, Armageddon, Burst, Baneling Burst, Haunt or Shell Rush

STRATEGY:
1 Armageddon -> bring in second pet (first and third enemy pets die)
2 Corpse Explosion or similar (second enemy pet dies)

NOTES:

= ANALYNN in ASHENVALE ===========================================================

TEAM:
Blackfuse Bombling P/P or H/P (-/2/2)

STRATEGY:
1 Flame Jet (first enemy pet dies)
2 Armageddon (second and third enemy pets die)

NOTES:

= ZOLTAN in FELWOOD ==============================================================

TEAM:
levelling pet (optimally level 6)
Twilight Clutch-Sister, any breed (1/-/2)

STRATEGY:
This strategy is not suitable for level 1 pets. Your levelling pet can take up to ~257 damage (~386 if it's a beast, ~168 if it's an elemental).

1 Flame Jet
2 Armageddon -> bring in levelling pet
3 switch to Twilight Clutch-Sister
4 Twilight Meteorite
5 Tail Sweep (second enemy pet dies)
6 Tail Sweep (third enemy pet dies)

NOTES:
The first enemy pet will die on round two, three or four.

= ELENA FLUTTERFLY in MOONGLADE ==================================================

TEAM:
Blackfuse Bombling P/P (-/1/2)
Corrupted Blood (2/1/2)
levelling pet (optimally level 6 or 7)

STRATEGY:
1 Bombing Run
2 Armageddon -> bring in Corrupted Blood
3 Scorched Earth (first enemy pet dies)
4 Ooze Touch (second enemy pet dies)
5 Explode

If you get blinded on round 4, you'll have to do this instead:

5 Pass
6 Pass
7 Pass if the enemy pet is cocooned, otherwise Explode
8 Explode

= WINTERSPRING ===================================================================

TEAM:
Iron Starlette P/P (1/2/2)

STRATEGY:
1 Nether Gate
2 Explode -> bring in Iron Starlette
3 Wind-Up
4 Toxic Smoke (Frostmaw dies)
5 Wind-Up (Tinygos dies)
6 Toxic Smoke
7 Explode (Blizzy dies)

NOTES:
This strategy isn't 100% failproof, if Trixxy is lucky with crits your Starlette could be killed early.

= DEADWIND PASS ==================================================================

TEAM:
Benax (-/1/2)

STRATEGY:
1 Armaggedon -> bring in levelling pet
2 switch to Benax
3 Pump
4 Pump (first enemy pet dies)
5 Mudslide
6 Pump (second enemy pet dies)
7 Pump
8 Pass (third enemy pet dies)

The strategy below saves one round, but your levelling pet will take damage. It's safe to use for mechanical, magic and undead pets of any level, but to be completely safe other families need over 432 health (humanoids over 648, aquatic pets over ~285).

TEAM:
Benax (-/1/2)

STRATEGY:
1 Armaggedon -> bring in Benax
2 Pump
3 Pump (first enemy pet dies)
4 Mudslide
5 Pump (second enemy pet dies)
6 Pump
7 switch to levelling pet (third enemy pet dies)
Last edited by Vancleef on October 21st, 2018, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vancleef

Re: Guide: Beating Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, fast!

Postby Vancleef » October 14th, 2018, 5:07 am

A lot of these strategies can probably still be improved upon. For example, when battling Lydia Accoste outside Karazhan, it would be great to find a fast way to skip one or more of the attacks from her undead pets. Right now with my current strategy, you have to watch their attack animations for four rounds, slowing the battle down.

To make the guide easy to read and to not create a wall of text, I haven't included any explanations of why you're doing specific moves in each battle. If anyone wants more information on that I can give it.

Return to Pet Battles