Which Trainers do you use (Where do you park your alts)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Belcanzor
Pet Score:7517
Realm:Uther-us
Which Trainers do you use (Where do you park your alts)

Post by Belcanzor » February 14th, 2018, 4:56 pm

Over the years, I have piled up quite a few alts on different servers. When not used for endgame content they have become my battle pet leveling army (my mains take care of the Legion stuff). I have a few favorite trainers where I station them so I can just log in and do the daily. My goal is mostly to level pets but I have a few others. I was wondering what favorites the rest of you have for trainers. My are:

1. Ashlei (Shadow Moon Valley) - Easiest trainer in the game and solid XP, my Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling can solo her.
2. Thundering Pandaren Spirit (Kun Lai Summit) - I use a Snail and a Darkmoon Zeplin. I use Explode for the last hit so my leveling pet swaps in just after everything dies to get the XP. That way the leveling pet never takes a hit and can be low level. I do for XP and the bag of goodies.
3. Trixxy (Winterspring) - Low level alts go here for the XP. You also get a bag of goodies.
4. Lydia (Deadwind Pass) - Low level alts go here for the XP. You also get a bag of goodies.
5. Crysa (Northern Barrens) - Low level alts do this one mainly for the rare pet drop. I can two pet this one but sometimes RNG gets me.
5. Bert (Gnomergan) - Low level alts sit here to try to get Dibbler (can't get the right family to drop). I have not figured out how to two pet this one so I don't level pets here.

What are your favorites?

Tekulve2018
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Which Trainers do you use (Where do you park your alts)

Post by Tekulve2018 » February 14th, 2018, 10:20 pm

Reward bags are always great...but ......
For leveling purposes alone, I go for the "Squirt" in Draenor garrison day- once every 2 weeks (last was -jan 29, feb 13) ...
Yesterday, I leveled 28 pets with the following 2 pet combo from Wowhead user- 'Windsurf':

S/s breed bronze whelp(spam tail sweep till 1st pet is dead then early advantage when 2nd pet enters)
Widget the departed (spectral strike-2nd pet dies)-swap to carry pet
Carry pet (can be lvl 1) swap in/out when opponent's 3rd pet comes in
Then swap back to Widget-( prowl then spectral strike) done

Takes 3 battles to get any pet from lvl 1 to 24- 5 minutes

It is fast and never fails.. sorry to get off the track of your thread

Tekulve

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » February 14th, 2018, 10:44 pm

I have alts at Crysa and Bert for the pet drops, but now I have the drops, I don't log them much.

Remte made a complex but reliable 2-pet strat for Bert. It's over at Xu-Fu's:
https://wow-petguide.com/index.php?Strategy=1532

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » February 15th, 2018, 1:44 pm

Biscuit wrote:
Tekulve2018 wrote:Reward bags are always great...but ......
For leveling purposes alone, I go for the "Squirt" in Draenor garrison
I’m pretty sure OP was talking about leveling their actual character’s level more so than the pets.
Everyone knows about Squirt and “Super Squirt” days.
Battling trainers is still a consistent way of leveling toons, albeit at a snail’s pace.
It is my preferred way to level alts I love the pet battle trainer in the jade forest my netherwhelp and any moth can solo it. So even level 1s can be pulled thru. Just pull out the level on when the turtle is putting up its shield which it does 3 rounds in a row every time. Make sure moth is in the one round it attacks and use cocoon and you will never take damage . Cocoon lines up every time so it is an easy win

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 19th, 2018, 7:57 am

I usually don't use the alt parking method because I use all my alts for other things, but depending one when I decide to do it, I have a couple different methods:

1. Super Squirt (obvious one during pet week if it is up)
2. Super Beasts of Burden (up more often than Squirt during pet week...better than regular Squirt slightly)
3. Squirt
4. 1 hour tamer circuit (11 MoP tamers, 6 WoD tamers, +1 "other tamer" of your choice usually).

For player experience, the list is pretty close to the same, but either 2 or 4 is probably the best. Based on battle times, Super Beasts of Burden might be the best (need to be able to get at least 3x battles in under 3 mins to beat the 1 hour tamer circuit method). If super beasts of burden does end up being the best for player exp, then regular beasts of burden would be just as good in that arena (though obviously less so for pet exp).
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 19th, 2018, 8:24 pm

It might also be worth mentioning for player exp only, but there around around 3 (or was it 4) low level tamers whose quest turn in could be done remotely. 1 was horde and the remaining were alliance (I think). Basically for those specific ones, you didn't have to turn them in at the tamer in question, but could turn them in straight from the quest log. Maybe someone will remember which ones those were...I feel like it was the Elwynn Forest and Redridge ones for the alliance side, and either the Durutar or Barrens one for the horde...but don't quote me on that.

That's useful for throwaway alts to park at because you can turn them in on a toon you care about.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Dalandius
Pet Score:13306
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » February 19th, 2018, 11:03 pm

Jerebear wrote:It might also be worth mentioning for player exp only, but there around around 3 (or was it 4) low level tamers whose quest turn in could be done remotely. 1 was horde and the remaining were alliance (I think). Basically for those specific ones, you didn't have to turn them in at the tamer in question, but could turn them in straight from the quest log. Maybe someone will remember which ones those were...I feel like it was the Elwynn Forest and Redridge ones for the alliance side, and either the Durutar or Barrens one for the horde...but don't quote me on that.

That's useful for throwaway alts to park at because you can turn them in on a toon you care about.

There is 5 Redridge, Westfall, Barrrens, South Stranglethorn, Duskwood of them the barrens has to be done on a horde and yes the rest are alliance.

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » February 20th, 2018, 1:58 am

I slowly level toons through Ashlei (requires flying to get there and a mage for a teleport, but any lvl 60 can sit there no problem), and Crysa. Currently a lvl 86 paladin at ashlei, and a lvl 24 shaman by crysa. I had a toon at bert too, but I got so many of those pets that it was becoming a bank-alt issue, so I stopped logging in on that toon. Maybe i'll go back there once they start selling.

Between these two battles and the darkmoon faire battles when the DMF is up, I level most new pets after powerleveling my complete collection with squirt on a sign of the critter week. It's not great player exp, but I find it really adds up over time for minimal effort, and the chance of getting a 100k pet from Crysa is nice.