Family Brawler Achievement Revelations on Aquatic Pets

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kurashi
MVP
Pet Score:12372
Realm:Sargeras-us
Family Brawler Achievement Revelations on Aquatic Pets

Post by Kurashi » January 22nd, 2018, 1:21 pm

I finished the Family Brawler Achievement yesterday with the Magic Family being my final group. Having access to the majority of the pets in the game made the achievement fairly easy to obtain quickly. However, I noticed that some of the pet families are lacking a bit of love that other families seem to have right off the bat.

Am I the only one that feels that the aquatic family is needing some assistance? There seems to be a lack of variety in their move sets throughout all of the different pets. Even the family ability seems relatively weak in comparison.

When accomplishing this achievement there seemed to me very little option to what pets I should use to be successful in pvp. It would be another reason I do not see many aquatic pets in rotation compared to other family types.

I am curious as what would be a suitable replacement for the 50% less time on damage over time abilities against Aquatic pets?

Happy Collecting,
- Kurashi

Kurashi
MVP

Re: Family Brawler Achievement Revelations on Aquatic Pets

Post by Kurashi » January 23rd, 2018, 11:18 am

My friend and I are constantly discussing different ideas on pet battles and here is a change we felt would not be too overpowering but more useful than the current Aquatic family ability. Keep in mind that at this point, any suggestion is better than their current ability of dots lasting % 50 of the original time.

This is the current ability we have agreed on, there will be more to come I am sure.

1. Aquatic pets take half damage on the back line.

The rationale behind this is that when an aquatic pet is not on the front line they are stored in a habitat that takes them out of the combat, thus they are not taking the full force of the attacks hitting back line pets. They seem to be the only pets that can't live outside of their habitats completely.

I had suggested that they take no damage on the back line. However, I was reminded that back line damage has already been nerfed and this change could be too overpowering.

Happy Collecting,
- Kurashi

Tekulve2018
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Tekulve2018 » January 23rd, 2018, 5:26 pm

Hiya
There surely are some great aquatics. (a power emperor crab for ex.) Also, the frogs are fun..such as the yellow bellied .
They are tough to run as 3 aqua is all. The aquas are a fine 3rd on some teams since most undead does wek dmg to them

I agree the movesets are dull and the racial is ho hum.
____
I am returning to WoW after a 3 yr absence. Back then I had 732 unique leveled pets and i enjoyed pet pvp. I still do.
I am rebuilding from scratch which is fun.
____

My great hope for battlepets is that (in the next xpac) they cap this group of pets as series 1 and let it get to 1k pets in total.
----
This would set it all up for a series 2. This series could have all new types, racials, pets in all zones etc.

The idea is that this series 2 group would be a new pet pvp experience...no mixing the 2 series.
In fact the 'pets' could be mobs or heroes or villains..there is no limitation when the slate is clean
----
Im not a developer..there would be a lot to figure out..but for collectors and battlers..more exploring all wow zones and more pets of all sorts !
Tekulve

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » January 24th, 2018, 12:43 am

What about a situation when an aquatic is the last survivor? For sure racials don't have to be always relevant in the same way you can play critter without stuns or elemental without weather, but this case seems particularly hard to account for as occuring inevitably for certain teams. Poor Dos-Ryga and Blottis aswell!
Not to undermine, just curious. :)

@Tekulve2018 what a nice and innovative idea! Surely hard to implement, but would be an altenative to creating a second account for a brand new experience. Maybe I should describe my ideas aswell after all!

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Kurashi
MVP

Post by Kurashi » January 25th, 2018, 12:08 pm

The "mental floss" is appreciated [profile]Paladance[/profile]

My goal is to bring attention to it and with the assistance of this great community, make some positive changes to an area of the game that we all enjoy.

How about:
1. Aquatic pets take half damage from area of effect attacks regardless of the position on the battlefield.

By all means, if any of you guys have any good suggestions, let's discuss them. Anything at this point has to be better than what Aquatics currently have.

Happy Collecting,
- Kurashi

Kurashi
MVP

Post by Kurashi » January 26th, 2018, 11:27 am

Thank you very much! I will check it out as soon as I can.

Happy Collecting,
- Kurashi

Tekulve2018
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Tekulve2018 » February 19th, 2018, 7:24 am

After completing the achieve, I gained an appreciation for the Puddle Terror.

I like using the stun because many opponents will then swap out which either grants you free dmg or the chance to do your own swap. The terror has sunlight so if you are healing(lets face it, aquatic pets dont do much else) with a crawdad, crab, puffer or others, you have a bit of synergy