Family Brawler Achievement - Pet and Team Guide

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Family Brawler Achievement - Pet and Team Guide

Post by Rosqo » January 15th, 2018, 5:06 pm

As it’s widely expected that 7.3.5 will be going live next reset I’ve done a brief guide for each family type and possible teams to use. Hopefully it will be useful to some of you going for the tabard and achievement.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZCp2L0hW0Uhgdye2x-NlV-QSiHTHZ5xy

Thanks all.

Kurashi
MVP
Pet Score:12372
Realm:Sargeras-us

Re: Family Brawler Achievement - Pet and Team Guide

Post by Kurashi » January 22nd, 2018, 3:08 pm

For those that have finished the achievement, I am curious as to which family you had the most difficulty with finishing?

Kurashi
MVP

Post by Kurashi » January 23rd, 2018, 11:37 am

If you are struggling with the Magic Family Achievement I would suggest using the following pets.

[pet]Hyjal Wisp[/pet]
- Arcane Blast
- Evanescence
- Wish

This pet is a beast and I was able to solo a few teams with just this pet alone. Its primary attack builds as you use it and the ability to dodge and massively heal your pet or a pet that you bring in is amazing.

[pet]Enchanted Broom[/pet]
- Batter
- Sweep
- Wind up

This pet was another godsend as it normally hits for multiple hits due to its speed. You can damage and remove troublesome pets that are going to cause you difficulty. Wind up allows for large hits when needed.

As for the third pet, I would throw in something that counters what you are having difficulties with. For example, mechanicals were causing me a bit of a headache so I switched to an Enchanted Torch.

[pet]Enchanted Torch[/pet]
- Burn
- Immolation
- Heat Up

I would cast heat up for the damage shield. I followed with Immolation and then I would burn them to death. This often allowed me to gain a critical foothold on the mechanicals pets before they brought my pets down.

Kurashi
MVP

Post by Kurashi » January 23rd, 2018, 11:40 am

I have learned that speed typically wins the battle. With this in mind, you can control the battlefield and inflict your will upon the other player. I seldom win battles when I am unable to control how the match plays out.

Aquatic pets for me were the most difficult.

I feel that their pet family ability is too weak compared to others. I seldom ever see a benefit from the 50% reduction of dots. They are often too slow or take too much time to ramp up their attacks. Their primary attacks are not nearly as strong as other classes. Because of this, other pet teams can outlast them or totally avoid the damage Aquatic pets are dishing out.

All I could think was... Why are there 19 frogs and 15 of them are the same....

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » January 23rd, 2018, 4:26 pm

You’re magic team would probably be better utilised using the weather effect on the torch to increase the efficiency of the Wisp’s Wish.

S/S Slivershock Elvers played in a similar way to rabbits are a great way to go for Aquatics. Probably pair a couple up with a cleansing rain user for a beneficial weather change and if you can a different type of attack that’s not Aquatic.

Yeah the Aquatic racial is one of the if not the weakest.