Two things

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu
Re: Two things

Post by Drudatz » February 7th, 2018, 9:39 am

Sprung wrote:You say its BS? I would argue that rolling a BA heal team is BS in itself and arguably wastes everyone’s time. - It’s a low move why even bother, be more inventive, show some skill. Come up with something a bit different and less predictable?
I disagree most of the Time I run a Rabbit, Ghastly Kid and a BA because the BA is helpful against Darkness Teams, Robot Teams, tripple moth teams and they eat Terorclaw Hatchlings so just you dont understand all pets please dont say they are a sign of less skills.

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » February 7th, 2018, 12:49 pm

On running a healing stall team as a penalty for someone running OP pets isn’t it much easier to just counter the opponent? Especially as a triple elemental healing comp will attract counters? Or once the person counters you with aquatics do you run triple bone serpent and become as bad as the person you initially set out to frustrate?

Also you’re wasting your own time as much as the opponents even if you would be doing nothing anyway it’s better than cycling through 3 pets over and over. You could be having close games countering each other instead of eternal stalemate.

Tekulve2018
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Tekulve2018 » February 7th, 2018, 8:27 pm

Interesting viewpoints posted here

I dont do wow pvp with toons, I'm just not fast enough tbh.. i do respect those who enjoy it because i see there could be a lot of strategy.

I do enjoy pet pvp.. it's a nice pace for me. Also, there arent too many variables to arrive at sound decisions.

For me, pet pvp is not an emotion filled experience..it's fun and interesting to try out a variety of pets.

It can be rewarding to pull out wins when you feel (from the outset) that you are outmatched because your opponent is running the OP pets .

As far as forfeits.. I am fine with whatever my opponents want to do. It does seem like the battlepet developers love healers ..they keep churning out pets that self heal a ton and are tanky.. on the other hand I find the devs are conservative with heavy hitters..likely due to players screaming about 'broken' , OP pets so often after new pets are released.

Through the years we have seen people gnash their teeth about: Anubisath, Mp Dragonling, then the Unborn Valkyr , Death Adder, Murkalot + Blackfuse, Graves ...the list goes on. I find pet pvp very well balanced given the massive number of pets involved to date. The recent influx of good AoE pets (twilight Clutch) may be their pvp answer to heavy healing teams.
Tekulve

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » February 10th, 2018, 6:52 am

It’s an interesting idea that pets are released to counter the current meta and one that was put forward for the Wicked Soul vs Fiendish Imp.

The only problem with the counter pet theory is something like the Wicked Soul or TCS are good against nearly all other pets.