My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

Two things

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sprung

Pet Score: 2136
Realm: Aszune-EU

Two things

Postby Sprung » December 7th, 2017, 11:49 am

Hello fellow Pet Battlers!

I am unsure if this has been asked before?. The Magma Rageling amongst others has the ability "Fire Shield" which with the Rageling causes direct enemy attacks to cause 282 damage each attack. It seems that its bugged (or mayvbe its meant to be that way?)

Pets with abilities that hit more than once do not die within their move, so for example if I had a rabbit with 10 HP and Flurry vs Magma Rageling and Fire Shield. Rabbit goes first hits the Rageling 3 times, after the first hit the rabbit takes 282 damage but does not die and gets his last two hits off before death?

On a slightly more contencious note. I have been getting frustrated recently with opponents prolonging games they could not possibly loose.

Say I was down to my last pet with low HP vs enemy team with 3 full HP pets (extreme example) increasingly I am finding oppenents will use Dodge, or Evade abilities which just prolongs the game unnecessarily - the opponent has no need to dodge or evade they just need to hit you to win. Its petty I know but I just quit every game now where this happens. I do not like my time being wasted.

*** Actually 3 things.
Some of the adds on this site are malicious. I can provide the code and logs from my AV which detail them as potential harmful. How do I go about reporting this?

Drlambda

Pet Score: 5217
Realm: Arthas-EU

Re: Two things

Postby Drlambda » December 7th, 2017, 12:46 pm

1. Currently, all reflect shields work like this on multihits, so i'd say it's not a bug per se, but more of a nonintuitive rule you have to know. Sadly, pet battles right now are full of that.
2. Of course i can't speak for your opponents here, but i will only make a game quick if it is 100% sure that i'll win it that way. Even if it's really unlikely, if there is a chance i can lose by making the battle go faster, i'll absolutely go for the slower play. Of course, if someone dodges with a rabbit when the opponent would die to a flurry, that's just rubbing it in.
CloseToZero - Watch me lose on youtube with bad pets! :D

Dalandius

Pet Score: 5560
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Postby Dalandius » December 7th, 2017, 8:04 pm

Or that person is running a script to automatically pick the move for them.

Q8e192

Pet Score: 5310
Realm: Fizzcrank-US

Postby Q8e192 » December 7th, 2017, 10:33 pm

At the very least, if you are on the losing team, you can quit with the same result as a loss.
But its even worse if you are winning and then the losing team AFKs.

Rosqo

Pet Score: 4721
Realm: Silvermoon-EU

Postby Rosqo » December 8th, 2017, 2:39 am

So point 1: basically the attack will still complete even if the pet that cast it dies to a thorns effect. I get it’s a bit dumb when it’s something like flurry but the game is just coded to always complete the attack.

Point 2: lots of people are super cautious, some don’t know they would kill you and occasionally you get people who gloat I suppose that they won.

Gráinne

Pet Score: 5338
Realm: Magtheridon-EU

Postby Gráinne » December 8th, 2017, 3:15 am

1) is thoroughly answered.

I have a counter-question for 2): why didn't you forfeit?

In chess, it's considered rude not to resign when you are in a losing position. Now, in pet battles, there can be A LOT of RNG right down to the last move. I have occasionally missed 3 times in a row in Darkness, for example. So maybe you don't want to resign because you are holding out hope for RNG to save you. But by the same token, your opponent has the right to play cautiously just in case the Gods of Bad RNG aim their lightning bolts at him.

Or maybe your opponent just isn't very experienced, and is playing the move they would play even if they weren't about to win.

Or maybe your opponent isn't paying a lot of attention.

Or maybe your opponent is annoyed that you haven't resigned, and is making a point.

Or maybe other reasons. But you really can't assume gloating as a reason.

I don't believe in the "script" idea. Unless it's something like 3 Serpents, I think a script will almost always lose. I tried to write a few scripts and went into the queue with them. I emphasise that I didn't use that botting addon for the scripts - I just wrote down my moves in advance on my jotter and played them. It was awful. Opponents disrupt even something very formulaic like a Clonedance, and a script will not compensate. It convinced me that you would want something with more intelligence than a simple script to get very far in the PvP queue!

On your added question 3), this site is very well managed, and it wouldn't surprise me if the owner or an admin had already seen it, but this forum viewforum.php?f=4 is the place to ask. Also, don't assume that the ads are malicious; from my experience, it's more likely to be a false positive, but still worth reporting if you have identifying details.

Return to Pet Battles