Good Spots to Farm Battle-Stones?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Zenshu
Pet Score:876
Realm:Garona-us
Re: Good Spots to Farm Battle-Stones?

Post by Zenshu » February 15th, 2014, 4:45 am

The drop rate on these stones is a little silly, I have power leveled 14 pets from 1-25 using only aquatic type enemies in the vale of eternal blossoms and have gotten one aquatic stone, I have spent at least 4 hours a day ( more on weekends when I am not working) farming cogblade raptors for the last 4 weeks and haven't seen a single mechanical stone from that. But the undead stones seem to drop like candy from the shadelings, I have been there three times, once to farm a rare shadeling for my collection, once just to try to farm a stone to use on my unborn Valk'yr, and once to show a couple of friends where to get the shadelings at. All three times I got an undead battle stone in less than 10 minutes after they started spawning. Still haven't gotten a mechanical stone from the trainers or from farming those stupid cogblade raptors. The whole reason I found this thread was googling in hopes of finding a better pet to farm since the cogblades seem to be few and far between when you are trying to kill 10,000 of them to get a battle stone to drop...guess it's back to blades edge mountains for me.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » February 15th, 2014, 7:29 am

Gromagrim wrote:
Zaelo wrote:Can winning a pvp pet battle grant you a battle stone?

I dont think so, but I'd like the answer to be yes...
patch notes confirm this is coming in 5.2. I expect it will only be 'matched' pvp rather than duels.
I have gotten at least 2 flawless stones (good for any pet family) after winning a pet battle doing my 10 weekly battles and also got straight up flawless stones ( good for any pet family ) farming in deepholm . Not sure of numbers and drop rate tho. I'm beginning to think it might be easier to farm the shadlings and/or eyes since the drop rate is so much better and trade in 3 stones for one...I know that sucks. The only mechancials I had dropped have been from bags. I never see too many farming oily slimelings onmy realm. The respawn isn't too bad and there's lots to kill. Like everyone else I'm always needing stones :)

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » February 15th, 2014, 2:14 pm

I've gotten a ton of Aqua stones where No-No is and a handful of Critter stones from Nitun. I've gotten, er, maybe two flawless stones from these two sights (one at each, I think.)

Senyen
Pet Score:2034
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Senyen » December 10th, 2015, 8:42 pm

I hate to advertise for fear of losing my favorite spot, but I've had a lot of luck with the Dragonbone hatchlings in Dragonblight. I just got two flawless stones today while mindlessly grinding for rares. I didn't even know stones drop from fights - I found this thread while investigating how these stones ended up in my bag; and on discovering, felt obligated to share. Im hoping not many people read this. :|

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » December 11th, 2015, 2:23 pm

I haven't expected that I could get a stone drop from the non-wild battle, but I've just got the Beast stone while winning with Christoph VonFeasel. :shock:

His satchel has no stones in the loot table -- it has gone straight to my bag, like it happens with any wild battle.
temp.png
Yes, I mark the duplicates by giving a silly name to them.
temp.png (143.62KiB)Viewed 2473 times
Details: I wanted to make an experiment. I AoE'd the team until damage dealers died and then succesfully finished with my lvl 18 carry ([pet]Moon Moon[/pet]).

Aren't most of the stone drops related to the level difference?
Though most of the battles are actually done for leveling, so I'm not sure if that sentence does actually have any value.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Senyen
Pet Score:2034
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Senyen » December 12th, 2015, 9:42 pm

From my limited experience, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for battle stone drops.
I suspect it might have something to do with how often a pet is skipped/forfeited.
Perhaps a way to reward those that follow through with battles instead of rare-browsing.
I typically get flawless stone drops from battles with greys and whites.
Then again; probably just an RNG coincidence since majority of my fights are greys and whites.
Either way, I am always happy to get flawless stones, it is all I ever seem to get while rare farming.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » December 13th, 2015, 3:02 am

Yes, it seems to vary. The only other thing that I've noticed is that I often get upgrades when fights are unusual in some way.

One dropped from a very excruciating healer vs. healer battle in Twilight Highlands.
Another one dropped when all pets but a carry had died while it wasn't an intended way.

Saying that, simulation of these doesn't give any results.
Yesterday I was looking for the rare critters with a cat, a leveling pet and a deceased pet to minimise the battle level.
No stones dropped.
Maybe it had a meaning that a deceased pet was also lvl 25; or just there were too much similar fights, as stated above.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 13th, 2015, 10:09 am

Back in MoP when I was levelling all my pets (no Squirt, so we had to do it the hard way! #uphillbothways #barefootinthesnow) I used a lot of wild pet battles to push all of my pets to level 10 and finish off all my level 23's. I logged in a little over 4000 wild pet battles. What I found was some type of flawless stone dropped at a rate of about 1/100 battles. I also noted it was most often a family specific one (but occasionally got a generic flawless). I also noted the family specific ones most often matched the family of the lead wild pet. I didn't log in enough fights to determine the rate of generic flawless vs family specific (I only got around 40 stones which wasn't enough to say anything about relative drops rates between them). There didn't appear to be any correlation with rarity of the pets I was fighting (that was all over the place).

Jut dropping some info from what I had noticed so far.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829