Gloamwing Aquatic team

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Abutabah
MVP
Pet Score:6771
Realm:Lightbringer-us
Gloamwing Aquatic team

Post by Abutabah » September 7th, 2017, 11:19 pm

This is a rough fight, thought I'd share what I found on the wow forums.

Credit to Exris.

"Magical Crawdad (2-x-1)
Ghostshell Crab (2-2-1)
Ghostshell Crab (2-2-1)

1: Surge
2: Crab comes in. BUBBLE
3: Grasp
4: Spirit Spikes.
5: Grasp, tho it doesnt matter. Gloamwing MUST hit you 3x and kill you. Restart if he doesnt.
6: Bring Crawdad back. Cast Whirlpool.
7: Surge.
8: New crab is back. BUBBLE
9: Grasp
10: Spirit Spikes
11: Grasp - you will die anyway.
12: Surge. "

It's DMF now, so fish up your 100 daggermaws stat!

Took me 10 tries but it worked.

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Re: Gloamwing Aquatic team

Post by Rosqo » September 8th, 2017, 3:17 am

I'd expect this fight to get nerfed every strat I've seen is heavily reliant on very good rng.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » September 8th, 2017, 6:31 am

Or maybe the battle is fiendishly clever, and nobody has found the right answer yet.

I am TRYING to remain unspoiled, and just do them as I come across them, which is hard when you check forums every day.

But yesterday, I saw something that sent me to check out Snozz, and I immediately saw that he was healing for the wrong amount, and that sent me to the Wowhead page, where the first thing I saw was a strat for one of the families that it would probably have taken me hours to think of, since I'm pretty sure I never used that combination before. Once I saw the combo, the fight was spoiled, so I figured I might as well try it. Yup, worked fine. ~50% chance, but that's OK for a challenge like this. XuFu's didn't have it yet.

It was a very clever combination that I'm sure has not been used before in any standard strat. Kudos to whoever took the time to figure it out; even more to the developer who designed it.

It could be that the last combos that people have only low-chance strats for really have no good strat. If so, I'll call that a failing by the devs. Making a battle whose best possible strat is 1% or 2% is not good. But I'm not yet writing off the possibility that we just haven't solved the puzzle yet.

Vaeevictiss
Pet Score:13035
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Vaeevictiss » September 8th, 2017, 7:52 am

Not working for me after 25 tries. Only 1 time did he actually hit my crab 3 times to kill it and then he somehow killed my crawdad early so i couldnt do the last surge. 2 of the times he crit with predatory strike and 1 shot my crab. This fight wouldnt take as long if the animation for predatory strike wasnt buggy as hell.

EDIT: i need to do this more often lol. try 27 did it. Like the dragon one on snozz...50 tries. i posted about it and on 52 i got it haha.

Jodmos
Pet Score:6700
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Jodmos » September 8th, 2017, 4:34 pm

I'm not convinced that the battles were tested with families, unlike general testing with all pets available. Several of the fights are very bad for specific families as they don't have the toolkit to overcome the gimmick in the fight without major RNG issues. Although with Legion having so much RNG it shouldn't surprise anyone that pet battles get it too.

Shashos
Pet Score:13727
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Shashos » September 8th, 2017, 5:20 pm

Someone posted a new strat over at Xu-Fu's and I got it on the first try even though my Gulper was a P/H instead of H/B. You can't even fathom how much weight is off my shoulders after days of hundreds of failures, heh.

https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?Strategy=1505

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » September 8th, 2017, 7:39 pm

1. Another working strategy is in my topic.

2. If you need you pet dies on some point this fight, you can decrease its health before each try, like I did.

3. Blizz never does deep testing for "one time content". Achievements is such example.

4. Blizz never fix "one time content" things. If problem is realy big - many players complains about something, they just presents it in new patch. Last one was fishing achiev - "Fishing round the Isles". Some quests weren't during weeks, so in 7.3 they just decreased number of quests from "all" to "20". If many ppl will complain about pet achievs, they will do same thing - will change "defeat following..." on "defeat 16 corrupted pets".

5. If pet has bugged animation - alt-tab or change mode on windowed and klick on exporer and back.

Abutabah
MVP
Pet Score:6771
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Abutabah » September 8th, 2017, 7:53 pm

Shashos wrote:Someone posted a new strat over at Xu-Fu's and I got it on the first try even though my Gulper was a P/H instead of H/B. You can't even fathom how much weight is off my shoulders after days of hundreds of failures, heh.

https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?Strategy=1505
I tried that strat with an Hp Gulper and BB Gulper. I never got it to work. This one took me 10 tries. It's all very very rng dependent.

Sellys
Pet Score:9122
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Sellys » September 9th, 2017, 4:27 pm

This doesn't work for me. Both of my ghostshells got hit 3 times, and it still wasn't enough damage for that round 12 surge to finish the job, after which my Wishmaster died. So you need something higher power than the magical crawdad, and it has to only get hit once on the round it drops Whirlpool and both your ghostshells need to be hit three times.

Back to scrounging the AH for a gulp froglet.

Q8e192
Pet Score:8729
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Q8e192 » September 13th, 2017, 12:08 am

Sellys wrote:This doesn't work for me. Both of my ghostshells got hit 3 times, and it still wasn't enough damage for that round 12 surge to finish the job, after which my Wishmaster died. So you need something higher power than the magical crawdad, and it has to only get hit once on the round it drops Whirlpool and both your ghostshells need to be hit three times.

Back to scrounging the AH for a gulp froglet.
Make sure that your Gulp Froglet is a breed with 1627hp. Also if you get a chance, let me know what you think about my 16.67% strat I posted in another thread

Good luck,
Henry

Sellys
Pet Score:9122
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Sellys » September 13th, 2017, 3:59 pm

There is no Gulp Froglet in the original post strategy. That's why I was trying it, since I didn't have one.