Family Fighter - Work in Progess

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sellys
Pet Score:9122
Realm:Turalyon-us
Re: Family Fighter - Work in Progess

Post by Sellys » September 11th, 2017, 11:33 am

Gloamwing really needs a 75-100 hp health nerf. That would change the RNG calculus from needing A, B, C, and D to needing 2 or 3 out of the 4.

Q8e192
Pet Score:8729
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Q8e192 » September 11th, 2017, 11:48 am

Sellys wrote:Gloamwing really needs a 75-100 hp health nerf. That would change the RNG calculus from needing A, B, C, and D to needing 2 or 3 out of the 4.
1) RNG calculus
> sorry, wrong wording. The RNG algorithm (if that's the calculus you are referring to) will be the same, but the random generated number will be different if the max range is set lower.
If you are referring the the Gloamwing fight, the problem isn't with the boss, its with the aquatic family. There simply aren't enough abilities diversified with the pool of possible pets. Perhaps, Blizz should have more aquatic pets that have the swarm, corpse explosion and smoke abilities or simply come up with new abilities (for example, Twilight Clutch-Sister was an excellent addition to the dragonkin family which made the fight with Snozz/dragonkin to be really fun)

Sellys

Post by Sellys » September 11th, 2017, 12:00 pm

I'm not referring to the algorithm, I'm referring to the results. If he has 75-100 less hp you don't need both Slicing Winds to hit 3 times AND not get your crab killed AND get a crit somewhere along the line. You still need the first SW to hit three times but after that you can get a crit to make up for the other slicing wing only hitting twice or if you don't get a crit a third slicing wind hit will cover it.

You need one or the other not both.

Q8e192

Post by Q8e192 » September 11th, 2017, 12:13 pm

Sellys wrote:I'm not referring to the algorithm, I'm referring to the results. If he has 75-100 less hp you don't need both Slicing Winds to hit 3 times AND not get your crab killed AND get a crit somewhere along the line. You still need the first SW to hit three times but after that you can get a crit to make up for the other slicing wing only hitting twice or if you don't get a crit a third slicing wind hit will cover it.

You need one or the other not both.
> I'm referring to the results
I know ;)
You used the word "calculus" which is a branch of mathematics *NOT* used in this computation.

Sellys

Post by Sellys » September 11th, 2017, 12:48 pm

Call it the "RNG if this that and the other thing all happen I'm still short 40 damage" then if you prefer, I really don't care.

Chaminade
Pet Score:8677
Realm:Anetheron-us

Post by Chaminade » September 11th, 2017, 2:23 pm

I've tried dozens of time to get Foulclaw with Magic. Can't do it. Mini Mindslayer, Sanctum Cub, Sapphire Cub. Switched them around. Used different pets. Nothing.

Q8e192

Post by Q8e192 » September 11th, 2017, 10:51 pm

Chaminade wrote:I've tried dozens of time to get Foulclaw with Magic. Can't do it. Mini Mindslayer, Sanctum Cub, Sapphire Cub. Switched them around. Used different pets. Nothing.
Enchanted Pen (Quills, Evanescence, Forboding Curse)
Harmonious Porcupette (Claw, doesn't matter, doesn't matter)
Netherspace Abyssal (doesn't matter, Explose, doesn't matter)

Enchanted Pen - Forboding Curse
Enchanted Pen - Quills
Enchanted Pen - Quills
Enchanted Pen - Evanescence
Swap to Harmonious Porcupette
Harmonious Porcupette - Claws (until you die)
Netherspace Abyssal - Explode
Enchanted Pen - Evanescence
Enchanted Pen - Quills (until you die)