Grinding spot in Northrend?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Landerolin
Pet Score:6846
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu
Grinding spot in Northrend?

Post by Landerolin » August 24th, 2017, 6:16 am

Hi folks.

I'm looking to make good use of the Pet event to grind out some levels, with the secondary benefit of grabbing some XP for my sole remaining lowbie toon. They're L68, so I'm looking to level in Northrend.

Does anyone know of any decent areas similar to the Valley in Pandaria? Lots of pets, fairly consistent group makeup, ideally few mobs to get in the way. I'm not looking to chase trainers around, I want a bit of mindless grinding while I'm at work!

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Grinding spot in Northrend?

Post by Ranok » August 24th, 2017, 8:02 am

Try to find friends with mages and 2-seater flyers. Takes 5 minutes to get portal to Shrine in the Vale and set hearth there, then get a ride to Halfhill and tag its flight point. You now have access to endless supply of level 23-25 wild pets any time you want, in area that's safe for any level of toon.

Further advantage, more XP for both your pet and your toon the higher level the pet team you're battling. In Northrend it's rare to find even a level 23 wild pet.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » August 24th, 2017, 10:33 am

Landerolin wrote:Hi folks.

I'm looking to make good use of the Pet event to grind out some levels, with the secondary benefit of grabbing some XP for my sole remaining lowbie toon. They're L68, so I'm looking to level in Northrend.

Does anyone know of any decent areas similar to the Valley in Pandaria? Lots of pets, fairly consistent group makeup, ideally few mobs to get in the way. I'm not looking to chase trainers around, I want a bit of mindless grinding while I'm at work!

Thanks in advance for any tips!
I don't know if this meets your criteria but in the Dragonblight zone, there is a stable master at wyrmrest temple (heals pets) and there are a lot of clusters of dragonbone hatchlings to kill near it.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » August 24th, 2017, 11:18 am

Yeah, I use the Wyrmrest Dragonblight spot with the Dragonbone Hatchlings as well. Just did a bit on a 70-ish toon last week. [pet]Wretched Servant[/pet] and[pet] Feline Familiar[/pet] are very strong there. You will get an occasional attack from a buzzard, but at level 70 you should be fine.

Crystalsong Forest itself is quite good, but you do have to run around a bit from critter to critter, and there is no Stable Master at your elbow.

I see you're EU. If your character is Alliance, I can offer a portal and a lift if you want to do Halfhill/Lucky Yi. If Horde, just a lift.

The Moonlit Shore in Shadowmoon Valley is also a great place for levelling, either faction, just Horde need to stay away from the edges where there are occasional NPCs. If you have Draenor Pathfinder, even a level 60 can fly there, and pick up flight points.