experience from battles

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tottee
Pet Score:1702
Realm:Ghostlands-eu
experience from battles

Post by Tottee » August 23rd, 2017, 4:43 pm

Hi,

Quick question.
Will the pets get the same amount of XP whether you are using 1,2 or 3 pets in the battle?

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: experience from battles

Post by Gráinne » August 23rd, 2017, 10:40 pm

I started to answer, but realised I'm not exactly sure which question you're asking. And now I'm overthinking it and confusing myself, depending on whether you're using 25s to boost a carry pet or battling wild pets at the appropriate level.

The majority of levelling is done using two level 25s and a low-level carry pet. In such a case, you can use the carry pet and either or both of the 25s, and you will get the same XP for the carry pet regardless of whether you have used one or both of the 25s, so long as the carry pet has been in at the end of a round.

This thread analyses the numbers in great detail. It is probably more than you want to know, but perhaps it would answer you or help you formulate a more focused question.
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Re: experience from battles

Post by Digem » August 24th, 2017, 7:25 am

There is a set amount of xp from a fight. If you have more than one pet that can earn xp in a battle the xp will be split evenly. So the best or most efficient way to level pets is to only level one at a time and have the others be max level, level 25. I know this is harder for a new player to pet battling, but one gets a free level 25 instant stone from opening the pet menegrie from the garrisons in dreanor. So one can always do that to get the instant 25 stones or buy them using pet charms in new dalaran, think they are around 50 charms each.