Help with Pandaren Spirit Tamer

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Adamsavage
Pet Score:893
Realm:Anvilmar-us
Help with Pandaren Spirit Tamer

Post by Adamsavage » December 17th, 2012, 1:07 am

This is the line up I found worked the best against Thundering Pandaren Spirit. I managed to time everything just right that I was able to use 2 dive cooldowns on my first pet. My 2nd pet barely stayed alive long enough to last till 3 pet. He was able to tick off some HP. However, I severely underestimated how strong my Monkey was against the critter.

He wasn't taking heavy hits and I was able to use my rocket on him 2x after messing up the first time. I didn't time it right, and had it go off when he did his burrow attack, and this caused me to miss. He wasn't hitting me very hard to I was able to use it again. I think if I realized how strong he hit I would used my Attack boost before using it, so it would hit harder.

I don't know how I'm going to do the other 3.. Any suggestions based on my current Battle pet collection would be very helpful and make me a happy person. :D

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... -collected

So far this is what I think would be a good team:

Burning Pandaren Spirit

1. Rapana Whelk
2. Soul of Aspects or Onyxian Welp
3. Oily Slimeling or Soul of Aspects or Onyxian Welpling

Flowing Pandaren Spirit

1. Oily Slimeling
2. Forest Moth
3. Kun-Lai Runt or Darkmoon Monkey (Iffy about the Monkey)

Whispering Pandaren Spirit

1. Soul of Aspects or Onyxian Welpling
2. Fossilized Hatchling
3. Kun-Lai Runt or possibly either of my two Dragonkins

Suspiro
Top Rater
Pet Score:4140
BattleTag®:Loni#1589
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Re: Help with Pandaren Spirit Tamer

Post by Suspiro » December 17th, 2012, 9:21 am

Assuming you have level 25s of all the pets you listed:

Soul of the Aspects (Claw, Reflection, Surge of Light)
Oily Slimeling (Absorb, Corrosion, Acidic Goo)
Onyxian Whelpling (Tail Sweep, Healing Flame, Lift Off)

should work perfectly fine for Burning, Whispering and Flowing.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » December 17th, 2012, 9:54 am

My line up:

Flayer Hatchling
Infinite/Onyxian Whelp
Rapana Whelk.

Abandon till you get sludgy as primary. Use a Flayer with the rampage ability to take down sludgy, you will live with about 30% HP. Reflect the elementals stun back so he switches out for the rat of doom!

Next, either Infinite Whelp or Onyxia Spawn, using tail lash + heal + lift off / early advantage. Keep yourself alive, and use lift off on cooldown.

Finally, Rapana Whelk. Poison dot + dive + life draining attack.

Should polish them off nicely!

Edit: These are all level 25 and rare. Infinite is breed #4

Yarl
Pet Score:5773
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Yarl » December 17th, 2012, 10:24 am

I use to use a bandicoon (negates elemental's stuns), a plains monitor for the critter, and the darkmoon tonk for the rat.

I now use the flayer with reflect and rampage, the water panda spirit for the elemental, and the tonk for the rat.

I win most of the time.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 17th, 2012, 12:03 pm

I acknowledge the amount of luck I had defeating him but here's the line up I beat him with.

Flayer Youngling - Critter till down - reflect the first stun - damage the beast till dead, brought in Clockwork Gnome and keep up turrets, don't repair and damage until he's down - Gnome eat the first attack and then brought in Mojo and keep on kissin, hoping to frog him once or twice.

Adamsavage

Post by Adamsavage » December 17th, 2012, 1:45 pm

My Flayer Youngling is only lvl 17 and is green, I wasn't able to find a rare version of him. I'm not sure if I have a battle stone for him or not, I would have to check.

Greenstar
MVP
Pet Score:13784
BattleTag®:Mattob#1633
Realm:Deathwing-us

Post by Greenstar » December 17th, 2012, 3:05 pm

I use the following for them:

Thundering:
Fox Kit for the critter
Emperor Crab (breed 6) for the elemental
Grunty for the beast
This is starting with the critter and the fox usually takes the first big hit from the elemental. After that, it's usually smooth sailing. Grunty's Lock-On ability rocks on beasts :lol:

Burning:
Disgusting Oozeling for the flying
Emperor Crab (breed 6) for the elemental
Grunty for the dragon

Flowing:
Fox Kit for the critter
Amber Moth for the aquatic
Spirit of Competition for the elemental

Whispering:
Fox Kit for the critter
Grunty for the dragon
Spirit of Competition for the elemental.
While the Spirit of Competition doesn't have any bonus against the elemental, it takes a lot less damage from the flying abilities used by the elemental. With it's heal ability and constant use of Breath it will take the elemental down, sometimes after finishing off the dragonkin.

I sometimes swap in a recently leveled pet here and there but if I can't seem to make it work I fall back to my go-to teams.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » December 17th, 2012, 4:09 pm

If you have an Anubisath Idol, I'd recommend it for at least the fire spirit tamer. I've used mine with Crush/Reflect/Rupture and he's nearly solo'd the fire tamer. I'm actually kind of amazed at how much of a powerhouse he is. (I really ought to see how he'd do against more tamers, but I just haven't fiddled around with it yet)
Image Image

Adamsavage

Post by Adamsavage » December 17th, 2012, 4:44 pm

Theaah wrote:If you have an Anubisath Idol, I'd recommend it for at least the fire spirit tamer. I've used mine with Crush/Reflect/Rupture and he's nearly solo'd the fire tamer. I'm actually kind of amazed at how much of a powerhouse he is. (I really ought to see how he'd do against more tamers, but I just haven't fiddled around with it yet)
I don't have him. :( Here is what I do have: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/anvilmar/Adamsavage/pet#status=is-collected

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » December 17th, 2012, 6:24 pm

If you level up the Elfin Rabbit, he should be able to handle any of the elementals as well as the earth spirit's burrowing beast. Rapana Whelk is also excellent for Flowing and Burning. I think you'll have the most trouble with Burning but should be able to get them all. Here's what I'd recommend:

Thundering: Elfin Rabbit (level him til he's above 300 speed, either 23 or 24), Clockwork Gnome, Lil XT. The rabbit can kill the spirit easily (use dodge/burrow to avoid damage, not stuns--getting stunned doesn't matter since you're faster and have critter racial). Swap to one of the mechs to kill the ooze (it's mostly magic damage, and you can even afford a 2nd mech for backup), then back to the rabbit for Darnak the molerat. He always does shield, burrow, stone rush, pass, stone rush, repeat. So if you Dodge the Burrow, and Burrow the 2nd stone rush, you will never take damage.

Whispering: use both Soul of Aspects and Onyxian Whelpling. Literally all the damage in this fight is flying, so 2 dragons is excellent. The last spot could be Kun-Lai Runt or Oily Slimeling--the hardest part of this fight will probably be outlasting the spirit.

Burning: Rapana Whelk is great -- dive first turn to avoid conflagrate, and from then on the cooldowns should line up. The worst part will be the dragon -- I'd probably use Soul of the Aspects and aim to reflect the lift-off. Soul or Onyxian Whelpling is a great matchup for the moth.

Flowing: Rapana Whelk is great again, as dive will avoid all of the spirit's big damage and hopefully burst him down. Moth vs the Fish is an easy win, and the skimmer is a critter so should drop easily to darkmoon monkey.

Adamsavage

Post by Adamsavage » December 17th, 2012, 6:40 pm

Update: I managed to bring down Whispering Pandaren Spirit. The order of it's pet where: Whispertail, Dusty, and Pandaren Air Spirit. Below is the line up I used. I didn't bother to rez the pet's, as I wanted to show how much HP my last pet had left.
The order of it's pet where: Whispertail, Dusty, and Pandaren Air Spirit. Looks I guessed the line up pretty good on this round. Will try to finish the other two later today or tomorrow. Will post my results of course. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

[url=http://img194.imageshack.us/i/whisperingpandarenspiri.png/]Image[/url]

Adamsavage

Post by Adamsavage » December 17th, 2012, 10:09 pm

I managed to beat the last two. The first one I had my Snail go first, then ending my Soul of Aspects. I didn't even need to bring out my Onyxian Whelpling. For Flowing, I used my Monkey against the critter, Then my moth. Closed with Snail. The last two I found where easy. I pretty much one shotted the battles.

[url=http://img443.imageshack.us/i/burning.png/]Image[/url] [url=http://img89.imageshack.us/i/flowingc.png/]Image[/url]

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » December 19th, 2012, 7:44 am

Talmar wrote:I acknowledge the amount of luck I had defeating him but here's the line up I beat him with.

Flayer Youngling - Critter till down - reflect the first stun - damage the beast till dead, brought in Clockwork Gnome and keep up turrets, don't repair and damage until he's down - Gnome eat the first attack and then brought in Mojo and keep on kissin, hoping to frog him once or twice.
This is my setup also, but I use Chuck (or any baby croc) and the rockets on the gnome.

BABY CROCS ARE EXCELLENT AGAINST SPIRIT TAMERS

Rip/Surge/Blood in the Water

The latter two attacks are aquatic damage, doing extra damage to elementals. Rip is a 4-turn bleed, so you Rip, BITW (for over 900dam), Surge, Surge and if they're nto dead by now, BITW is off cooldown and the boss is still bleeding.