A year after Legion Pet Battle Tuning. Thoughts?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu
Re: A year after Legion Pet Battle Tuning. Thoughts?

Post by Drudatz » July 23rd, 2017, 7:06 pm

Rosqo wrote:I don't really play that many darkness teams but it's one of the strongest strategies in the current meta so going into a blind queue you could say it's a better choice than triple aquatics if you want to use darkness as your example.
So lets get back to the topic. You want everything that does more then 400 dmg per round nerved?
Cause you guys being playing dodgeball all a long crying darkness teams have to be nerved....
Rosqo wrote:Oh I meant I face darkness and haunt teams a lot. I use a whole mixture of teams except sunnyday/photosynthesis. If you see the teams I play you'll know it's not easy wins.
Sorry as I stated before I dont watch vids likes yours. its to boring to watch and most of the ones I seen people only show themself only winning which makes these videos even useless as a teaching video for new starters...

Is there a reason why you ignore questions like:
#1 You want easy wins instead of a challenge?
#2 You want a boring 100% predictable game?
Rosqo wrote:I think biscuit brawler makes good points in his comments not sure why you made the quip about tooltips just focus on the discussion.
Sorry, but he is constantly trying to bash me and you get upset about one lil'quip? :lol:

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » July 24th, 2017, 12:05 am

You're referring to the bone Serpent doing over 400 damage each turn? It isn't for that sole reason it's strong having a weather change and bone barrage in combination with doing that high damage makes its strong.

I not after easy wins like some people are ;) ;)

As I said I would rather make better choices than have a game decided by rng. More rng doesn't mean more exciting.

Drudatz you bash everyone on these forums what do you expect back?

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » July 24th, 2017, 5:15 am

#1 You want easy wins instead of a challenge?
Rosqo wrote:I not after easy wins like some people are ;) ;)
Nice try to imply I am after easy games but contrary to you I prefer long lasting games with 15mins and more.
Rosqo wrote:As I said I would rather make better choices than have a game decided by rng.
More rng doesn't mean more exciting.
If the game is MORE predictable you have LESS choices.
So to sum up you want short and easy games but dont like stuff like RI, Traps and Darkness Teams.
The game is full of RNG as it is now. Traps, Demolish, Stuns, etc.
Predictability makes for a damn boring game
Rosqo wrote:Drudatz you bash everyone on these forums what do you expect back?
No I dont.
Having a different opinion as you does not mean I bash you. If you feel offended by someone having a different opinion than thats on you.

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » July 24th, 2017, 6:58 am

Your interpretation is way off.

Your games last 15 minutes or plus as you run heal heavy strategies using tier 1 pets. Dah, idol, crawdad, teroclaw and ba are some of the best pets in the game. It doesn't make it any harder to win a match if it's longer. Generally long matches are caused by low damage output on one or both teams not tactical moves and swaps.

Ok in basic terms, I want good choices in a match to decide the outcome not lucky crits, stuns, % hits. You mentioned increasing the rng in pet battles but that would reduce the importance of good play.

I don't mind darkness teams I play them just not all the time.

I think like the majority of the community traps, bone serpent & righteous inspiration are too strong. I also think sunnyday/photosynthesis, natures ward, and Wish are all slightly too good at present. In some cases still is the humanoid racial. This is probably due to the aoe nerf not taking into account how strong backline healing would become without strong aoe. I don't believe strong aoe should return but reduction in those healing abilities to reflect the aoe nerf would be good.

Maybe you don't intend to offend people but most of your comments certainly come across that way. If you don't care about offending people that's up to you.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » July 24th, 2017, 12:26 pm

Drudatz wrote:#1 You want easy wins instead of a challenge?
Rosqo wrote:I not after easy wins like some people are ;) ;)
Nice try to imply I am after easy games but contrary to you I prefer long lasting games with 15mins and more.
Rosqo wrote:As I said I would rather make better choices than have a game decided by rng.
More rng doesn't mean more exciting.
If the game is MORE predictable you have LESS choices.
So to sum up you want short and easy games but dont like stuff like RI, Traps and Darkness Teams.
The game is full of RNG as it is now. Traps, Demolish, Stuns, etc.
Predictability makes for a damn boring game
Rosqo wrote:Drudatz you bash everyone on these forums what do you expect back?
No I dont.
Having a different opinion as you does not mean I bash you. If you feel offended by someone having a different opinion than thats on you.
Agreed easy wins are boring too but longer doesn't necessarily mean better.
Some of the most boring, painful , plain annoying fights I have had are long ones.
Specially if made long by the other player stalling and using a heal team.
Those are the worst pvp battles.
Generally I do enjoy a longer match if longer due to it be challenging and competitive but stall or healing teams don't make pet pvp any better