Newcomer to the PvP Pet Battle World(and in general too lol)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us
Re: Newcomer to the PvP Pet Battle World(and in general too

Post by Abbotta » July 27th, 2017, 11:42 am

Quintessence wrote:
Abbotta wrote:Are the Class Hall pets sellable?
All class pets are currently BoP and not cageable. If you want to collect [pet]Broot[/pet], you'll need to level a Druid. Summary of all the class pets and how to earn them can be found here: Collecting Class Pets In Legion.
Well Broot, like the other class hall pets, will probably be one of those pets I'll just never get :cry: . I've never been a leveler of toons (just the 2 over 100) and I'm ok that there are some pets I can never get.

I just hope they consider class hall pets for some of the other classes. Why was Priest and Hunter skipped over?

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » July 27th, 2017, 7:23 pm

Quintessence wrote:It's ok to not prefer someone's Pet Battle video, however someone else might like it. Let's not take away from that, and keep the discussion friendly.
#1 thanks for going OT
#2 I never said that no one would like these vids
#3 I said a new pet pvper should get ung up on these videos as they dont teach them anything as pet pvp is learned through experience and losing. And because these videos only show people gloating and only winning and thus doesnt teach some new to pet pvp anything.
Analogy: When you are a tennis player and are to play someone else you dont only watch his victories but also (and this is important) his fails because otherwise you only see half of the picture.
Gráinne wrote:No. But trust me when I say you do not want Broot for battling. Like the Blossoming Ancient, he is used almost exclusively in Sunny Day teams, and they are a blight on the landscape that are no fun to play, and less fun to play against.
WRONG. If you face a lot of Terrorclaw Hatchlings in PVP you want a Broot for battling cause he is one of the many pets that solos a Terrowclaw Hatchling.

PS: can we split this thread after post 7 at which point this thread aint about pet pvp anymore?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 27th, 2017, 8:12 pm

Drudatz wrote:PS: can we split this thread after post 7 at which point this thread aint about pet pvp anymore?
I don't think that's necessary as the OP also states they are interested in learning about which pets to collect to not sell (for PVP and PVE).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » July 28th, 2017, 6:00 am

Drudatz wrote:
Quintessence wrote:It's ok to not prefer someone's Pet Battle video, however someone else might like it. Let's not take away from that, and keep the discussion friendly.
#1 thanks for going OT
#2 I never said that no one would like these vids
#3 I said a new pet pvper should get ung up on these videos as they dont teach them anything as pet pvp is learned through experience and losing. And because these videos only show people gloating and only winning and thus doesnt teach some new to pet pvp anything.
Analogy: When you are a tennis player and are to play someone else you dont only watch his victories but also (and this is important) his fails because otherwise you only see half of the picture.
Gráinne wrote:No. But trust me when I say you do not want Broot for battling. Like the Blossoming Ancient, he is used almost exclusively in Sunny Day teams, and they are a blight on the landscape that are no fun to play, and less fun to play against.
WRONG. If you face a lot of Terrorclaw Hatchlings in PVP you want a Broot for battling cause he is one of the many pets that solos a Terrowclaw Hatchling.

PS: can we split this thread after post 7 at which point this thread aint about pet pvp anymore?
Angry much? Yes, as many have said one learns pet battling by actually battling but to say a video doesn't help is nonsense. If we go by that line of thinking why have any sort of teaching for anything right? Just get out there and do it right?
Also different people learn better differently. In the end here we are suppose to be here to help each other try to remember that

Spinning
Top Rater
Pet Score:5763
Realm:Deathguard-eu

Post by Spinning » July 28th, 2017, 11:53 am

Drudatz wrote:
Quintessence wrote:If you face a lot of Terrorclaw Hatchlings in PVP you want a Broot for battling cause he is one of the many pets that solos a Terrowclaw Hatchling.
It´s actually a stalemate, i´ve had bunch of 300+ round battles where terroclaw cannot kill ba or broot and neither can he

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » July 28th, 2017, 1:36 pm

I don't really see how all this, ultimately redundant, arguing actually helps the OP? This post has literally become like every other at the moment on this section of the forum with one person being hostile and dismissive of everyone else's posts or suggestions. Let's all just be helpful and respectful to one another.

Sprung
Pet Score:2136
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Sprung » August 3rd, 2017, 11:46 am

Get ready to be annoyed. Sadly the majority of PvP pet battlers are toxic.

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » August 3rd, 2017, 12:10 pm

Sprung wrote:Get ready to be annoyed. Sadly the majority of PvP pet battlers are toxic.
It's not my experience that most are toxic. Yes there are some but there are some toxic players in every part of wow. Here nearly everyone is helpful

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 3rd, 2017, 12:13 pm

We'll be locking this thread to avoid any further conflict/combative discussion. Many helpful answers have been provided by the community. Thank you!

OP and those seeking to learn/discuss further: If you have any other questions, feel free to create another thread. Everyone please remember to keep all discussions mature and friendly. Remember, we're here to celebrate our common interest in Pet Battles and battle pets!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com