Sister of Temptation (PvP team)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Sister of Temptation (PvP team)

Post by Wootzy » April 11th, 2017, 2:09 pm

[pet]Sister of Temptation[/pet] - Shadow Shock, Curse of Doom, Haunting Song
[pet]Blossoming Ancient[/pet] - Ironbark, Autumn Breeze, Sunlight
[pet]Vengeful Porcupette[/pet] - Rollerball, Spirit Spikes, Flank

Easy to play. Sort of a multi counter. Without the usual suspects. Oh..look out for crabs.

Almost always start with BA and open with Sunlight, followed by Autumn Breeze.
Now swap and take it from there. Rotate between cooldowns to your advantage, build up, and attack.

Beast racial loves Sun (speed Teroclaw not so much). Sister for the Pain and Pleasure (Humanoids).

Minet
Top Rater
Pet Score:9371
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: Sister of Temptation (PvP team)

Post by Minet » April 13th, 2017, 6:43 am

Wootzy wrote:
Beast racial loves Sun (speed Teroclaw not so much). Sister for the Pain and Pleasure (Humanoids).

I think I see what you mean here. The vengeful porcupette can survive longer in his lower 50% since he has more max health because of sunlight. But I'm not sure what you mean about the teroclaw. Wouldn't it also make it take longer to get him into his lower 50% so he loses his racial?

In any event. It looks like fun. I'm gonna try it!

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » April 14th, 2017, 8:19 am

Minet, I'll try to explain better. During a sunny day, the maximum health of all pets is increased by 50% (and healing done is increased by 25%). Beast: 25% extra damage when under 50% health. Flying: 50% extra speed when above 50% health.

So beast racial is affected positive by Sunlight, and flying racial negative. This means the vengeful porcupette needs fewer rollerballs to get up to speed against Teroclaw and does more damage. Also you can tank with Blossoming Ancient, especially when Teroclaw is the last pet standing. Ofcourse he will heal up more under Sunlight, but so does our Sister and BA. Further more Teroclaw will lose all of his overhealing when Sunlight falls of. You can use this to your advantage too by holding of one round Sunlight.

Hope that makes sense. Have fun battling and let us know how it went!

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » April 15th, 2017, 3:26 am

The Vengeful Porcupette is really the star on this team. BA takes care of mechs in the backline, but I needed better coverage for Porky. That's were Sister came in, to handle humanoids (undead Bone Serpents are a danger to her, but we have Autumn Breeze heheh). I feel like having a second big AoE heal is key to keep the rotation going.

Emperor Crabs are a PITA (Clonedance). I used to play this team with Teroclaw (instead of Sister Temp).
Anyway, please do try it out! You should be able to beat Haunt and Stall.

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » April 16th, 2017, 1:11 pm

Frostwolf is a great pet to put on many teams, but the beauty of Sister Temptation is her humanoid racial. With Syphon Life instead of Curse of Doom she will go a long way, and she is better equipped then Frostwolf is against Imps, Runts, Anubs etc. (If I had to replace her, I would take the Wicked Soul)
Besides, you have the Porcupette to fight undeads, By the time you bring him in, he has over 2000 health from 2 big AoE heals (Autumn Breeze and Haunting Song). After a couple of rollerballs to get him up to speed, you could swap back to BA and start the rotation again, only this time to finish the battle with all out attacks.

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » April 23rd, 2017, 5:12 am

Got me a month gameplay to get the new (hunter) pets, and to try out a couple teams. :)

Results with this Autumn Breeze team:

Win 25
Loss 9
Draw 0
(73,5% winrate)

I won against triple Teroclaw Hatchling team.
I got countered by Emperor Crabs, and lost against triple Humanoids (two Anub.Idols, one KL Runt).