New Pet Battle Dungeon Strategy

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Vaeevictiss
Pet Score:13035
Realm:Stormrage-us
New Pet Battle Dungeon Strategy

Post by Vaeevictiss » March 29th, 2017, 12:30 pm

The new pet battle dungeon is 11 battles in 4 sections.

Section 1 – Three battles and a “boss battle”.
Section 2 – Same as 1.
Section 3 – Two fights that are practically the same.
Section 4 – Final boss battle.

Battle 1
Pets used: Clockwork Gnome – S/B – 1x1
Darkmoon Tonk – H/P – 1xx
ANY BACKUP PET

Strategy: Start by building a turret, and then use metal fist. Use turret off CD until you die. Finish anything left with the Tonks Missile.

Notes: This fight is super easy and I’m sure anything would work.

Battle 2
Pets used: Crow – P/S – 222
ANY BACKUP PET
ANY BACKUP PET

Strategy: Call Darkness, Alpha Strike (first enemy pet dies), Nocturnal Strike, Alpha Strike (second enemy pet dies), Alpha Strike until you win.

Notes: I was still practically at full HP at the end of this.

Battle 3
Pets used: Darkmoon Eye – P/S – 221
ANY BACKUP PET
ANY BACKUP PET

Strategy: Start with Darkmoon Curse, Inner Vision, Focused Beams. Just spam Focused Beams and use Inner Vision off CD from there and this fight is a cakewalk.

Battle 4 (BOSS)
Pets used: Iron Starlette – P/P – 1x1
Iron Starlette – P/S – 1x1
Empowered Manafiend – P/P – 1xx

Strategy: Basically you just Windup nuke him making sure you Supercharge between Wind Ups when it is off CD. I lost my second one the same round he died. Bring out the Manafiend and spam Arcane Blast to finish the other two pets.

Battle 5
Pets used: Draenei Micro Defender – P/S – 1x2
Tranquil Mechanical Yeti – H/B – 112
ANY BACKUP PET

Strategy: Spam Metal Fist until the first enemy pet is dead (I rezzed and killed him on my next Metal Fist). When the 2nd pet comes out, just use Ion Cannon since you will have low HP anyway. DMD will die and bring in Yeti. Use Metal Fist to kill 2nd pet. Call Lightning and Ion Cannon will kill the 3rd

Battle 6
Pets used: Menagerie Custodian – P/H – 112
Lil’ XT – H/P – 1xx (STORE PET)
ANY BACKUP PET

Strategy: Shock and Awe then spam Zap until you die and rez. Zap then Ion Cannon (Zap will kill first pet and Ion Cannon will damage 2nd pet and Custodian will die). One Zap from XT will kill 2nd pet and 2 more should kill 3rd.

Notes: Lil' XT as noted above is a store pet. There are probably others with similar enough abilities to do this with if you dont have it. I just picked it at random anyway.

Battle 7
Pets used: Lil’ Bling – S/S – 122
Empyreal Manafiend – H/H – 1xx
ANY BACKUP PET

Strategy: Start with Extra Plating then Launch Rocket twice (once to arm, once to launch). Then spam SMCKTHAT.EXE until the 1st pet dies. Launch Rocket (you should die and rez here) Launch Rocket (you should die here and bring in the Manafiend). Arcane Blast until both pets are dead.

Battle 8 (BOSS)
Pets used: De-Weaponized Mechanical Companion – S/S – 12x
Personal World Destroyer – P/P – 1x1
ANY BACKUP PET

Strategy: Extra Plating then Metal Fist until Extra Plating is off CD then use it (you should rez here). Metal Fist (you should die here and bring in the PWD) Metal Fist twice and 1st pet should die. Use Screeching Gears and hope for a stun but the stun isn’t necessary. Metal Fist again and the 2nd pet should die. Screeching Gears again, Metal Fist (rez), Metal Fist.

Notes: Companion worked well for me but you basically want a strong Mech (or something with Mech abilities) with a speed of 312 or higher and some type of dodge/damage reduction ability so you can use it first to avoid his big attack.

Battle 9
Pets used: Crimson Whelpling – P/S – 121
Dark Whelpling – P/S – 1xx
Darkmoon Zeppelin – H/B – 1xx

Strategy: Lift Off, Scorched Earth, Breath (you’ll die here, bring in Dark Whelpling), Shadowflame twice and 1st pet should die. Spam Shadowflame until you die (my pet and enemy pet died at the same time). Use Missile twice with your Zeppelin and the 3rd pet should die.

Battle 10

As stated above this is practically the same as Battle 9. All I did was swap in two new whelps; Onyxian Whelpling and Spawn of Onyxia as they have the same abilities as the Crimson Whelpling. The 3rd pet would have been easier with a Flying pet, but I still finished it off with what was left on my Zeppelin. To be safe, just bring in a pet with a solid Flying attack.

Battle 11 (FINAL BOSS)
Pets used: Syd the Squid - H/P - 221
Any two, high HP, beast soak pets but they aren't needed

Thanks to Nephelle for this. Super easy strategy. Use Whirlpool on CD, heal when you need it. Spam Tidal Wave. the bosses two backup pets were dead 2 rounds before he was.
Last edited by Vaeevictiss on June 7th, 2017, 8:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pikafido
MVP
Pet Score:13632
BattleTag®:Pikafido#2789
Realm:Aerie Peak-eu

Re: New Pet Battle Dungeon Strategy

Post by Pikafido » March 29th, 2017, 2:03 pm

Son of Skum I recommend Zandalari Anklerender s/s (2 of them) and one Knee biter s/s with hunting party, Leap and Black Claw.
I only needed 2 of them.

Copied the tech from Wowhead:

General Strat

Zandalari Anklerender (2,1,2) or Zandalari Kneebiter (2,2,1) or both as they have the exact same talents. If you *can* go for the P/P breeds of each. They do the highest damage. Leap can make up for the slower speed but there's Flying family pets which are generally faster anyway. It isn't a big deal though. I've been running with S/S breeds which do the least damage and I haven't had any problems.

1. Black Claw
2. Hunting Party
3. Leap when Hunting Party is on CD and Black Claw is still up
4. Reapply Black Claw as needed and repeat until your pet is dead
5. Bring out the next pet and start with Hunting Party. If you were applying Black Claw correctly it should still be up when your next pet comes out and you can immediately take advantage of it.
6. Repeat Black Claw/Leap
7. Bring out your final pet if enemy pets aren't dead and start with Hunting Party again

Pikafido
MVP

Post by Pikafido » March 29th, 2017, 3:46 pm

For the rest it is a very good guide, which took me through the dungeon without any troubles!!!! Thank you very much for your efforts.

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Minivivi » March 29th, 2017, 10:51 pm

Is there a good strategy for the Challenge mode?

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » March 29th, 2017, 11:20 pm

Minivivi, that does seem to be a strategy for the Challenge Mode - at least, I don't see pets that die being re-used in it.

https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=WailingCritters
has a more extensive set of alternatives for each fight. However, there is nothing to challenge anyone who has "pets to spare", as you do. It's just a matter of killing each boss pet and having a self-healing sweeper like an EPW for trash.

Vaeevictiss

Post by Vaeevictiss » March 30th, 2017, 6:36 am

Correct, this is for challenge mode as there is no healing. I have 800+ pets so i try not to bother with the cheese heal strats.

Minivivi
MVP

Post by Minivivi » March 30th, 2017, 9:32 am

Gráinne wrote:Minivivi, that does seem to be a strategy for the Challenge Mode - at least, I don't see pets that die being re-used in it.

https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=WailingCritters
has a more extensive set of alternatives for each fight. However, there is nothing to challenge anyone who has "pets to spare", as you do. It's just a matter of killing each boss pet and having a self-healing sweeper like an EPW for trash.
Thank you. I ran the normal dungeon *ahem* last evening and thought it was fun. I was overthinking the Challenge Mode.

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » March 30th, 2017, 10:54 am

Minivivi wrote:
Thank you. I ran the normal dungeon *ahem* last evening and thought it was fun. I was overthinking the Challenge Mode.

Yes, all you need is enough pets at 25.

Pikafido
MVP

Post by Pikafido » March 30th, 2017, 11:01 am

Minivivi wrote: Thank you. I ran the normal dungeon *ahem* last evening and thought it was fun. I was overthinking the Challenge Mode.
It's easy with this guide. Just replace the pets on 4th Boss with the zandalaries I've mentioned. that's easier to do. I did last night the dungeon twice.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » March 30th, 2017, 2:56 pm

Really good strats, thank you! :D

Minivivi
MVP

Post by Minivivi » March 30th, 2017, 4:43 pm

Soooo,
Vaeevictiss?
Your strategy is the strategy I used last evening for the initial dungeon run. You posted it on Wowhead and I followed your advice step by step.
Thank you and Kudos!

Vaeevictiss

Post by Vaeevictiss » March 31st, 2017, 6:45 am

glad to see its working well for people and i didnt just get lucky in my fights lol. Ill try to update this as i find better combos too. I heard the last fight was soloable with a fetid waveling but i dont have mine leveled up yet.

Yarl
Pet Score:5773
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Yarl » March 31st, 2017, 11:44 am

What I did was use an amplifier pet (howl, black claw, ect) and a big hit pet that wasnt weak to whatever pet I was facing.
Worked fairly well and I used a wide range of pets.

One shot the "End Boss" with just the [pet]Hydraling[/pet] using "deep bite" and "swallow you whole"

Nephelle
Pet Score:13082
Realm:Nordrassil-eu

Post by Nephelle » April 1st, 2017, 12:40 pm

For challenge mode, you can use an EPW or a Dream whelp on all fights. ( presence, dream and bite.) Just be sure to heal before you kill the last pet. For last boss, syd the squid can solo.(tidal wave, WP and healing). I used two high health backup pets but I never needed them and the wave will destroy his backup pets too. :-)

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » April 2nd, 2017, 4:07 am

My advice for the last boss is simple and surely will be repeated here and there:

Put beasts into the backline as they take less damage! I chose [pet]Zao[/pet] to restore health, and the second one can be [pet]Moon Moon[/pet], [pet]Ash'ana[/pet] or [pet]Feline Familiar[/pet] in case of meeting a flapper.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Painbow
Pet Score:10044
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Painbow » April 3rd, 2017, 2:35 pm

2 small mistakes
Battle 6 - Pets used: Menagerie Custodian – P/S – 112
There is no P/S breed of this pet.
Battle 8 (BOSS)
Personal World Destroyer – P/P – 1xx
So you list 1xx for Personal World Destroyer yet I think it's 1x1 because you mention using Screeching Gears in the description.

Thanks for the guide!

Vaeevictiss

Post by Vaeevictiss » April 30th, 2017, 8:34 am

Painbow wrote:2 small mistakes
Battle 6 - Pets used: Menagerie Custodian – P/S – 112
There is no P/S breed of this pet.
Battle 8 (BOSS)
Personal World Destroyer – P/P – 1xx
So you list 1xx for Personal World Destroyer yet I think it's 1x1 because you mention using Screeching Gears in the description.

Thanks for the guide!

thanks! i corrected em.

Theraisama
Top Rater
Pet Score:7860
BattleTag®:Kiwi#1191
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Theraisama » May 14th, 2017, 11:17 am

I've been using the Elekk Plushie as my soak pet for the last boss. It hasn't failed yet, and I've never gotten through both of my leading pets for that fight.

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » May 20th, 2017, 7:31 pm

So easy. Don't think any strategy is needed.