Mech pets rezing with less than the health they should

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Valianya
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Arathor-us
Mech pets rezing with less than the health they should

Post by Valianya » February 23rd, 2017, 11:46 pm

Has anyone else noticed this? When my mech pets come back to life after being killed, the tooltip says their racial should give them 20% health. However, the health they get is more like 10%.

My 1400 health Iron Starlette has only 140 health after rezzing. According to the racial it should be getting 280 health instead. In fact, I can see the +280 health number floating over it when it rezzes, even sometimes more than 280, but it still only actually gains 140 health on its health bar. Sometimes I see the 280 appear for an instant on its health bar, but then it immediately drops to 140.

What is happening here?

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Re: Mech pets rezing with less than the health they should

Post by Vakeetah » March 2nd, 2017, 11:39 am

Same as above, my Mechs always resurrect at 20% Health - but if they die (and resurrect) in the middle of pending DoT ticks or multi-hit attacks, those will still apply AFTER the resurrection, resulting in your pet having less than 20% health on next round.

As for the case you describe, I've experienced it against [pet]Otto[/pet] in the Darkmoon Faire. It uses [ability]Trample[/ability], that deals 2 hits - first being a flat amount of damage, and then a second one for 10% of your pet's max Health. So what happens? If your Starlette "dies" after the first hit, it'll resurrect (at 20% health) only to immediately suffer the 2nd [ability]Trample[/ability] hit, which removes 10% of its Health - resulting in it briefly coming back at 280 Health, then dropping to 140.
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: Mech pets rezing with less than the health they should

Post by FuxieDK » March 3rd, 2017, 3:23 am

Valianya wrote:I can see the +280 health number floating over it when it rezzes, even sometimes more than 280,
Technically speaking, mechanical (and undead) are not ressed when they die, they are healed.

If you have e.g. 1000 max health and 100 remaining, and receive 500 damage, you will see a +600 heal (400 from the overkill and 200 to get to 20%)..
Undead always heal to 15 health, so (with same numbers as above) it heals for +415..