Over-use of comps in PVP battles killing interest

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Re: Over-use of comps in PVP battles killing interest

Post by Wootzy » March 6th, 2017, 9:04 pm

I get frustrated at the end of every expension. It happened to me three times now. I stopped battling in WoD, before AoE got nerved. We had to shout out loud (still Blizz reacted far too late). With the much needed AoE nerf, in came a new problem: backline healing. It's the same ol' sh!t yet again. And nobody's listening.

(By the way Blizzard, why isn't there a PvE battle queue? Pet battling against the AI, like on a Chess computer? Not talking trainers here.)

What frustrates me even more, is how great this game could be. If the developers would only listen to us, and implement our best ideas (like a smartphone app, just one example). I'm convinced this game can attrack much more players (and make them big moolah). People who like turn based strategy games and not so much fast pace gaming. But not in it's current troll state.

That's the reason I'm stopping pvp battling, for now. I'm not saying that I stop posting on this board. I'm not sure yet. We are a great bunch of like minded people after all.

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » March 6th, 2017, 9:13 pm

Minet wrote:I am sorry to hear this. I am fairly new to these boards and feel like I just found an awesome resource. Your posts were a big part of that. They are loaded with so many good ideas. It has made pet battling more fun for me.
Thank you for the nice words. You made me feel better. :)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13224
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » March 10th, 2017, 9:48 am

I'm sad to hear that, Wootzy. We don't have many people writing about pet PvP. We will miss your ideas and enthusiasm.

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » April 5th, 2017, 12:16 pm

Gráinne wrote:I'm sad to hear that, Wootzy. We don't have many people writing about pet PvP. We will miss your ideas and enthusiasm.
I'm still here my friend. In the mean time I cancelled my WoW subscription, but I just can't stop lurking around. :)

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » April 5th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Biscuit wrote:I agree.
Who am I going to discuss counter pets with now???

I get it though. Go take some time off and come back fresh.
I'll hold down the fort while you're gone. ^^b
Hi mate, did you miss me? :P
Feel like doing some theory crafting?

It's an old team, but my search is going on for a surprising third pet:

Blossoming Ancient (Ironbark, Autumn Breeze, Sunlight, or Stun Seed?)
Vengeful Porcupette (Powerball, Spirit Spikes, Flank)

Open with BA, first move Sunlight, second Autumn Breeze, and take it from there.
(The problem with picking Stun Seed over Sunlight, is that Autumn Breeze doesn't make sense,
because max health is not increased)