Mudslide vs. Nether Gate

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Grizz083
Top Rater
Pet Score:4352
Realm:Turalyon-us
Mudslide vs. Nether Gate

Post by Grizz083 » January 8th, 2017, 4:56 pm

As the subject suggests, I am curious if anyone knows if abilities that force pet swaps are cancelled out by abilities that make pets unable to swap for X amount of rounds.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Re: Mudslide vs. Nether Gate

Post by Digem » January 9th, 2017, 12:13 pm

Yep if you use a move that keeps a pet unable to swap out or is used on you, your pet or your opponents pet can't swop out. So if a move like haunt is used it fails

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » January 9th, 2017, 2:14 pm

Digem wrote:Yep if you use a move that keeps a pet unable to swap out or is used on you, your pet or your opponents pet can't swop out. So if a move like haunt is used it fails
This is correct, but that's a bad example :)

Rooted pets can't swap out by any means neither manually nor through abilities ([ability]Death Grip[/ability], [ability]Feign Death[/ability], etc.) but precisely [ability]Haunt[/ability] is an exception - since it doesn't swap out your pet, but kill it, another living pet will take its place.

Upon resurrection, the Haunting pet retains all debuffs it had when it died, so will be rooted for a couple of rounds once it comes back. This still allows it to be swapped in from the backline - just won't be able to swap out until the Root effect expires.
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Grizz083
Top Rater
Pet Score:4352
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Grizz083 » January 9th, 2017, 6:57 pm

Thanks for the reply, I was trying to figure out a way to beat Xorvasc with aquatics, I ended up just using bubble to block nethergate, now I know...and knowing is half the battle!