Family Familiar.. Aulier/Varenne/Flummox?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Moppet
Pet Score:9294
BattleTag®:jilliene#1512
Realm:Frostmourne-us
Family Familiar.. Aulier/Varenne/Flummox?

Post by Moppet » December 3rd, 2016, 5:04 pm

Is it just me or is it possible that some of the suramar trainers WQs are bugged? I haven't seen them since Nov 7
I actually haven't seen Master Tamer Flummox at all, looking back at my completed Family achievements.. :/

I check the pet WQs everyday and waiting for the rotation to change sucks :(

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Re: Family Familiar.. Aulier/Varenne/Flummox?

Post by Vakeetah » December 3rd, 2016, 6:40 pm

Flummox has only even been up once, and it didn't give credit towards Family Familiar. There's nothing guaranteeing that this bug will have been fixed when he comes back (if ever). But you're right in Varenne and Aulier having been missing for a long time as well, although I'll add that they don't appear to be available since the start of the day and for 24 hours like the others - but instead appear later in the day, for a shorter time.
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Moppet
Pet Score:9294
BattleTag®:jilliene#1512
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Moppet » December 3rd, 2016, 8:30 pm

Vak, do you know if Vareene and Aulier appear in addition to the daily 3 pet WQs? Or are they part of the 3? Cause I've seen 3 pet WQs every day and they haven't been up for ages...

Hearte
MVP
Pet Score:13912
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Hearte » December 3rd, 2016, 10:00 pm

I actually just made a post about this earlier today on the WoW bug report forum. I'm fairly certain that I haven't missed a single day of pet WQs since the start of November, and I haven't seen any of these three. I'm reasonably certain that something is bugging them out, so that they're not included in the rotation.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 4th, 2016, 12:57 am

Moppet wrote:Vak, do you know if Vareene and Aulier appear in addition to the daily 3 pet WQs? Or are they part of the 3? Cause I've seen 3 pet WQs every day and they haven't been up for ages...
They are NOT part of the 3 per day, so if they're up it becomes a 4th pet WQ. However they're not on the same spawn timer as other WQs and sometimes end early or spawn later in the day. I've seen one quest "end" at 2pm PST (which I forgot about and thus missed) and I've seen one spawn in the evening, maybe around 6pm PST?

Judging by my achievements they haven't spawned since early November, as they're always "the last one I need."

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » December 4th, 2016, 12:20 pm

I was wondering this myself. There are some on the achievement that I've never seen up. I hate getting the same pet dailies back to back too. RNG is simply not my friend.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » December 4th, 2016, 2:18 pm

Hearte wrote:I actually just made a post about this earlier today on the WoW bug report forum. I'm fairly certain that I haven't missed a single day of pet WQs since the start of November, and I haven't seen any of these three. I'm reasonably certain that something is bugging them out, so that they're not included in the rotation.
Jep im sure of that too - just like that fucked up KT quests they have f'ed these up too....
But hey on the plus side I have done Nightwatcher and Robert on nearly all of the achis :/

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » December 5th, 2016, 2:11 am

Amalia, Xorvasc, Odrogg and Grixis are also fairly absent...

I have spottet Odrogg one less times than Aulier and Varenne.

With 15 trainers, where one is completely absent and 6 are semi-absent, getting 12 for each achievement is allmost impossible, as only 8 are regularly appearing..

Hearte
MVP
Pet Score:13912
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Hearte » December 11th, 2016, 4:37 pm

So for anyone who's been doing this daily for over a month, are your last tamers needed Amalia and Trapper Jarrun as well? I've been doing it with 3 alts daily, and these are the last two I need (Since Aulier, Varenne, and Flummox don't currently exist.) The worst part is needing both of them to show up twice now to finish. Without these Suramar trainers showing, it's a daily dose of disappointment, as far as the other spawns go.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » December 11th, 2016, 5:09 pm

Hearte wrote:So for anyone who's been doing this daily for over a month, are your last tamers needed Amalia and Trapper Jarrun as well? I've been doing it with 3 alts daily, and these are the last two I need (Since Aulier, Varenne, and Flummox don't currently exist.) The worst part is needing both of them to show up twice now to finish. Without these Suramar trainers showing, it's a daily dose of disappointment, as far as the other spawns go.
I still need a few Jarrun (who at least showed up last week), Amalia, Odrogg... and Bredda one more time. I didn't have an alt available until recently so I'm a little behind where I'd like to be, but even then, only have 3 families left to complete.

Moritsume
Pet Score:13491
BattleTag®:MurdaMode#1395
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Moritsume » December 11th, 2016, 9:48 pm

Vakeetah wrote:Flummox has only even been up once, and it didn't give credit towards Family Familiar.
Flummox did actually give credit for Family Familiar. I know it didn't show up as completed in the meta achieve, but I completed one of the families with only 11 battles highlighted, meaning that while Flummox didn't show as completed he did in fact count as the 12th battle I had won :)

Heriwald
Pet Score:4753
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Heriwald » December 13th, 2016, 9:30 pm

Don't you need to complete the druid nighteyes and the vineyards questlines to have access to aurier and varenne ?

Shashos
Pet Score:13727
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Shashos » December 14th, 2016, 12:54 am

Heriwald wrote:Don't you need to complete the druid nighteyes and the vineyards questlines to have access to aurier and varenne ?
Pretty sure that at least the Vineyards questline is required. I've done all the Suramar quests and I'm still not seeing Aulier and Varenne anymore. I suspect that it's some sort of phasing issue due to the Insurrection quest chains.

I've already finished the FF achievement, so I haven't really been watching too too closely, but others are confirming this pair is missing.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » December 14th, 2016, 12:55 am

Moritsume wrote:
Vakeetah wrote:Flummox has only even been up once, and it didn't give credit towards Family Familiar.
Flummox did actually give credit for Family Familiar. I know it didn't show up as completed in the meta achieve, but I completed one of the families with only 11 battles highlighted, meaning that while Flummox didn't show as completed he did in fact count as the 12th battle I had won :)
I got credit for Safari but not FF, the only time Flummox was up..

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » December 14th, 2016, 1:05 am

FuxieDK wrote:
Moritsume wrote:
I got credit for Safari but not FF, the only time Flummox was up..
Same. Easy for me to check my achievement on this as Flummox was up on the first day I tried doing the Family Familiar related WQs.

Cluey
Pet Score:11369
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Cluey » December 14th, 2016, 1:41 am

Same for me, except I don't have any alts to do it on. I was thinking about the best way of getting their attention and thought it might be Twitter, but I don't really use it.
Family_Familiar_OCD.jpg
Family_Familiar_OCD.jpg (84.27KiB)Viewed 7121 times
I'd like to thank @Gello for making such a simple way of tracking this too, I'd missed a few before I was told about this. Cheers mate.

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » December 27th, 2016, 9:19 am

Master Tamer Flummox is UP at the moment (about 16 hours left) and gives credit - at list it is now showing as done in my already completed achievements.

Peterc (In game pet collector - retired)