Fel Flame Breed?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Starshelle
Pet Score:8403
Realm:Earthen Ring-us
Fel Flame Breed?

Post by Starshelle » November 6th, 2016, 6:06 am

So, I'm planning to add a Fel Flame pet to my collection for battles and I have an elemental battlestone to upgrade it to rare. I have an H/H breed right now, but I'm wondering if maybe I should consider H/P or H/S? I'd love to know what others think as I'm still fairly new to this. Thanks. :)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Fel Flame Breed?

Post by Gráinne » November 6th, 2016, 7:24 am

I'm not sure there is a definitive answer to the best breed for this one.

I have a H/H and H/P, and I favour the H/H.

When using Scorched Earth, I probably want to be slower, so the H/S doesn't have any advantage, and I don't think I've ever used the Fel Flame with Immolate - if I want Immolate, I'll likely choose a different pet.

Starshelle
Pet Score:8403
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Starshelle » November 6th, 2016, 12:59 pm

Thanks! I guess I will go H/H and if I change my mind later, upgrade stones are extremely hard to come by these days.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 6th, 2016, 2:50 pm

Starshelle wrote:Thanks! I guess I will go H/H and if I change my mind later, upgrade stones are extremely hard to come by these days.
I have an H/H and am pretty happy with it, it just has so much health it's hard to kill off.

I'm still rolling in rarity pet stones, even after going on a stoning spree today. I level my pets via the Pandaria route and get 1 to 3 rarity stones daily. Also pet WQs sometimes give BoE stones as a reward now so it's worth doing those when they come up, or you can buy them off the AH if you just need one or two. They also might be purchasable via pet charms but I'm not sure on that, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 7th, 2016, 6:21 am

As you progress in pet battles, you earn more and more stones, and pet charms to buy stones with. I remember being starved for upgrade stones when new, but that phase will pass. I remember I actually paid 2500 gold for a blue stone for my first Valk - I was so happy I caught one, I was delighted to be able to upgrade it at all. ;)

If you are doing World Quests in Broken Isles, you will get enough charms to buy a stone every couple of days, I think.

As pets go, you will find it easier to capture a Blue Fel Flame of the breed you want than most pets. There are a lot of Fel Flames around, and they only come in 3 breeds. Compared to some pets, finding a Blue H/H would not be much of a grind.