Warning about Falcosaurs

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Natupink
Top Rater
Pet Score:10011
BattleTag®:Natupink#2643
Realm:Arathor-eu
Warning about Falcosaurs

Post by Natupink » October 31st, 2016, 7:31 am

Hi guys, yesterday i collected the last Falcosaur in Azsuna. Today the Snowfeather guy and the Direbeak guy asked me the same quest: make with them 3 pet battle WQ without the Falcosaur die in the fight. I had Helliosus in Dalaran and i used both of them, killed the tamer, both of them survived and... surprise, i didnt get the credit for both of them, so it seems u cant use 2 of them in same pet battle WQ. We have already to complete the Family Familiar achivement, so is realy crap dont be able to use 2 Falcosaurs in same pet battle WQ. Maybe it was a bug, not sure, but after i completed another PBWQ with the Direbeak guy only in my team and i get the credit. I hope this experience can help u to dont waste the only 3 PBWQ we have each day. Good hunt everyone.

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Re: Warning about Falcosaurs

Post by Flohsakk » October 31st, 2016, 8:56 am

On your successful try... did you have the Hatchling in Slot 1?

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12649
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » November 1st, 2016, 8:49 am

The "Hunting Lesson: Rose Taipan" also is not giving credit at all. :/

Gorlab
Pet Score:4928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Gorlab » November 1st, 2016, 12:24 pm

Chibimage wrote:The "Hunting Lesson: Rose Taipan" also is not giving credit at all. :/
Worked fine for me, no problems at all. I had the falcosaur in the first slot and did not let it die.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » November 1st, 2016, 5:14 pm

I make sure that falcosaur is in first slot, that it doesn't die, and also that's its my visible summoned companion before doing WQ, pet battle etc, even then I don't always get credit, so yes its buggy. I tried using 2 falcosaurs in same team to get both quest credit, but on both occasions only the summoned pet from slot 1 gained quest credit.

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » November 1st, 2016, 6:52 pm

I also didn't get credit from 1 quest, but I know - why. Pet dismissed in time I constructed team. Also you don't need him like first pet. I did quests with falcosaur on back line.
So you need 2 things:
Falcosaur in team and Falcosaur summoned.
It also means you can't do 2 quests same time, cose you can't summon 2 pets.

Angel_02
Top Rater
Pet Score:8050
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Angel_02 » November 4th, 2016, 6:42 am

im pretty sure i just needed to have it as my summoned pet to get the credit i did even need to use it on the pet battle team which is probably why only one got the quest credit

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 5th, 2016, 11:55 am

The quests are super buggy and I suggest making a bug report in hopes this'll get fixed.

To best increase your odds of getting credit make sure your falcosaur is 1) summoned at your side 2) in the first slot 3) stays summoned at your side (I had it despawn once) 4) stays alive during the battle.

Leesh42
Pet Score:13269
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Leesh42 » November 6th, 2016, 10:43 am

The advice about A. having your pet summoned and B. having it in the first slot seems to have done the trick. I had done two or three quests with the falcosaur in the first slot (but not summoned, apparently) and got no credit. After reading this forum thread (thanks guys! I always know where to come when I can't figure something out), I did a quest using both suggestions. Voila, credit for the pet battle.

Bellaryl
Pet Score:4595
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Bellaryl » November 11th, 2016, 8:18 am

Leesh42 wrote:The advice about A. having your pet summoned and B. having it in the first slot seems to have done the trick. I had done two or three quests with the falcosaur in the first slot (but not summoned, apparently) and got no credit. After reading this forum thread (thanks guys! I always know where to come when I can't figure something out), I did a quest using both suggestions. Voila, credit for the pet battle.
Leesh is 100% correct here - after completing these quests with all 4 of my falcosaurs (how many of you named at least one "Baroo"?), it was hit & miss with getting credit. And if the silly thing despawned, well, you were out of luck. I found that if the falcosaur was summoned AND was in the #1 slot, I'd get credited. You just let the little guy bonk the target once and, on my team, you let Azrael the (blue) Feline Familiar take the rest of the guys down with Anubisath Idol in #3 slot just in case things go sideways.

I'd like to note that the Fledgling Kingfeather in Azsuna took me forever to find. Here are my lessons learned, and it might help others:

1. Prepare to spend a good amount of time out there - especially if you're competing with others doing the quest
2. Server hopping might be helpful
3. Killing all non-Kingfeather battle pets seems to help the spawn rate
4. If possible, choose a quiet time on your server. I went around 4:30 am server time.
5. Since they're so rare, take the opportunity to capture one for your Broken Isles safari achievement - you don't wanna have to come back!

In spite of all this, it took me more than 90 minutes to see 3 Kingfeathers. Don't get discouraged if all you see are Grizzly squirrels and Olivetail Fledglings. I'm still working through all 4 falcosaur quests at the same time - hopefully the payoff at the end will be worth it! Good luck, everyone!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 11th, 2016, 3:28 pm

Bellaryl wrote:I'd like to note that the Fledgling Kingfeather in Azsuna took me forever to find. Here are my lessons learned, and it might help others:

1. Prepare to spend a good amount of time out there - especially if you're competing with others doing the quest
2. Server hopping might be helpful
3. Killing all non-Kingfeather battle pets seems to help the spawn rate
4. If possible, choose a quiet time on your server. I went around 4:30 am server time.
5. Since they're so rare, take the opportunity to capture one for your Broken Isles safari achievement - you don't wanna have to come back!
Being on a low pop server or playing off-hours helps tremendously - I didn't have any competition for the Kingfeathers and was able to get 3 (all up and flying about) and get out of there in minutes. I've actually had a worse time finding Fledgling Olivebacks, for a while I was convinced the Olivebacks were the rare ones, not the Kingfeathers!

What is worse is the Stormstruck Beaver x3 quest. They just never seem to be up unless someone is spawning them. Even on a low pop server it took a while to go around and murder enough critter and non-critter beavers to get 3 to spawn. Luckily my tried-and-true spots (the 2 beaches in the gorge near the elite basilisk) reliably spat out 1 Stormstruck Beaver at a time at me, so I didn't have as bad of a time as others might have.