Eldrich manafiend vs Erudite manafiend

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Shiko
Realm:Lothar-us
Eldrich manafiend vs Erudite manafiend

Post by Shiko » October 25th, 2016, 4:00 pm

putting together an arcane storm/surge team.

Currently using P/P Nexus Whelpling & Arcane eye with drain. Thinking of which to use as a 3rd for this team. Both have same skills, so its a tossup bewteen H/S vs P/S. Pretty big difference in power, almost 30 points, while about 150 points HP I think.

Part of me feels H/S might be better because I can see the shortcomings of the P/P Nexus Whelping and how quickly it dies. But wondering what others think.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Re: Eldrich manafiend vs Erudite manafiend

Post by Saasan » October 25th, 2016, 4:24 pm

Eldrich and Erudite actually have one ability difference, so I guess whichever spell fits your vision better? It's Soul Rush vs Consume Magic.

EDIT: I got curious. All Manafiends have a different lvl 20 move but are otherwise identical--minus the Servant of Demidos, who is his own thing entirely. So, if you wanted the lvl 4 move for your 3rd slot, you have several more options. :)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » October 25th, 2016, 4:51 pm

I don't know, and it will depend on how you're using it, and of course on the opposing team, but...

if I were going with this, I'd try both, but I'd try the P/S first, because of the magic racial. These pets can mitigate the really big hits like Nocturnal Strike, or indeed Surge of Power, which may compensate for lower health, depending ofc on what the other team has.

I'm curious - what's your plan with this team? very glass, much cannon I presume?

Shiko

Post by Shiko » October 25th, 2016, 6:17 pm

Saasan wrote:Eldrich and Erudite actually have one ability difference, so I guess whichever spell fits your vision better? It's Soul Rush vs Consume Magic.

EDIT: I got curious. All Manafiends have a different lvl 20 move but are otherwise identical--minus the Servant of Demidos, who is his own thing entirely. So, if you wanted the lvl 4 move for your 3rd slot, you have several more options. :)
well for what im doing the 2nd skill isn't really relevent. So first skill and 3rd skill are what make the strat, its just deciding which is better for it, P/S or H/S
Gráinne wrote:I don't know, and it will depend on how you're using it, and of course on the opposing team, but...

if I were going with this, I'd try both, but I'd try the P/S first, because of the magic racial. These pets can mitigate the really big hits like Nocturnal Strike, or indeed Surge of Power, which may compensate for lower health, depending ofc on what the other team has.

I'm curious - what's your plan with this team? very glass, much cannon I presume?
yeah, thats why like how the strat can work. Its something common im sure. Arcane storm, Mana surge. Depending on what im fighting start with nexus whelping or Manfiend, eye can really never go first, going Psyhic blast and drain (for better sustain) and more mana surging.

So has strong aoe hitting, strong single target and magic passive allows to survive a bit better.

imgur com/a/9P2IZ

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » October 26th, 2016, 9:51 am

Hi,

The Eldrich Manafiend, is on my level that pet team ... why? One hit and fight is over. Actually 2 since you may have to lower the hit points on the mob ... but in general, it helps bring in the pet fight to a close much faster and make it easier to level the other pets.

The Erudite Manafiend is good too, but I like the BUMP ... that the Eldrich has, which sets up the bomb really well.

Shiko

Post by Shiko » October 26th, 2016, 3:52 pm

Uduwudu wrote:Hi,

The Eldrich Manafiend, is on my level that pet team ... why? One hit and fight is over. Actually 2 since you may have to lower the hit points on the mob ... but in general, it helps bring in the pet fight to a close much faster and make it easier to level the other pets.

The Erudite Manafiend is good too, but I like the BUMP ... that the Eldrich has, which sets up the bomb really well.
bump?