Family familiar notes

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us
Family familiar notes

Post by Papazol » October 16th, 2016, 11:27 am

At last I can start to work on the biggest pet achieveent "Family familiar". For sure I will foget all fights to time I will end it, so I will make some notes about them. Also would like to see your notes.
Today I got Nightwatcher Merail vs Flying family.
1. [pet]Blazing firehawk[/pet] - Deep burn/Scorched earth/Cauterize
2. Any flying pet with always first atack. I used [pet]Coastal sandpiper[/pet] - Quick atack
3. Any flying pet with heal. I used [pet]Dread hatchling[/pet] - Shadow talon/Consume corpse
Blazing firehawk is key pet. He easy kills 2 pets - book and spirit. If things are going well, he kills book without taking any significant dmg, spirit can refresh doom and hawk dies same time Undead fades from spirit. And we will have 2 damaged by arcane explosion pets against moth. May be it is possible to use pet, what is faster moth and has avoidance, but pet with always first atack looks a bit better for me, cose spirit is not obligatory dies with hawk. So after our 2d pet dies, Dread hatchling with magic atack and 2 corpses to eat gives moth no chances to win.

Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Re: Family familiar notes

Post by Klaital » October 17th, 2016, 5:00 am

For Meryl other families that I used was...

Aquatic:
Sea Pony with Tidal Wave, Cleansing Rain, Pump
Left Shark with Water Jet, Tidal Wave, Rain Dance
Anything with decent non-aquatic attack (I used Hydraling with lightning storm)

Start with Pony, pump, tidal wave until you get hit by the first arcane explosion, then cleansing rain, and after that just use cleansing rain of cd and spam tidal wave rest of the time until the sea pony dies, then switch to the shark, use rain dance on cd and rest of the time spam tidal wave until the shark dies, at this point only one of Meryl's pets that should be alive is the book at around 200ish health, so you just need to hit it once with your third pet to finish it off.

Critter:
Any rabbit with more than 325 speed, other two can be anything.

Rabbit faster than Meryl's pets can pretty much solo her entire team with the standard Flurry, Dodge, Burrow skill set. Use Burrow/Dodge to avoid the curse of dooms from the first two pets, rest of the time spam flurry. I had a Rapana Whelk with Ooze Touch, Shell Shield, and Dive as back up but don't think I even needed to use it.

Dragon:
P/P Dream Whelping with Emerald Bite, Emerald Presence, Healing Flame
Other two can be pretty much anything.

Dream Whelpling can take out both of her first two pets though it will die to the last curse of doom before it can finish off the bird, the bird should be left to low enough health though that pretty much any pet can finish it off.

Beast:
It was awhile ago when I did her with beasts, but Death Adder Hatchling did most of the work on the first two, using blinding poison to avoid the curse of dooms and grave destruction, and Feline Familiar made short work of the bird. I don't think I even needed to use third pet.

S/S Death Adder Hatchling with Vicious Fang, Puncture Wound, Blinding Poison
Feline Familiar with Onyx Bite, Stoneskin, Devour

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 17th, 2016, 11:54 am

Next fight - Varenne vs Beast family.
1. One from primates. I used [pet]Bananas[/pet] - Smash/Clobber/Barrel toss
2. Beast with heal. I used [pet]Zao, Calfling of Niuzao[/pet] - Horn gore/Wish/Dominance
3. Fat, strong beast. I used [pet]Stunted shardhorn[/pet] - Smash..., but it may be any bear or direhorn or...
First Varenne's pet is [pet]Pierre[/pet] like mech, what starts from Heat up. It is huge weakness - we can stun pet and Varenne swaps it, losing 2 rounds. So we do it. Bananas starts from Clobber and Barrel toss in time mech swaps on rat. We don't need to kill rat fast, cose Clobber is on CD. So I just killed rat by Smash, holding Barrel toss up. After rat dies, monkey still has enough healh to 2d time Clobber mech, and hit frog (3d pet) with Barrel toss before frog can use bubble. Frog or rat's poison kills monkey. I used Zao, who finished frog with near full health. Worst part mech fight is possible stun from Frying pan, so Wish should be used so early like possible. If Zao dies, in my case it was after mech ressed, 3d pet (shardhorn) easy finish fight in 1 hit.
Last edited by Papazol on October 17th, 2016, 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » October 17th, 2016, 12:16 pm

There already has been a thread; though it started as a work of one person, other people used to paste suggestions [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16148]there[/url] aswell :)

Moaning a bit because poor @Klaital had to post the same thing twice! ;)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 17th, 2016, 12:51 pm

Paladance wrote:There already has been a thread
Tnx, nice to see someone did it before. Hope that thread helped you a lot.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 17th, 2016, 1:48 pm

Tiffany Nelson vs Critter family.
1. [pet]Lovebird hatchling[/pet] - Peck/lovestuck/Pheromones
2. [pet]Frostfur rat[/pet] (s/s) - Sneak atack/Crouch/Call darkness
3. Fat critter with heal and high dirrect damage. I used [pet]Fire beetle[/pet] (h/h) - Burn/Cauterize/Scorched earth
Like in fight against Merail, I desided to use brute force, not avoidance. Critters dominate beasts :shock: .
Also I desided to start from moth. So Lovebird stuns spider with lovestuck, and I changed it on Frostfur rat. It is possible use Pheromones before pets swap, but I won in first atempt with this team and hadn't chance to check this fight design.
Frostfur rat starts with Call darkness. It neutralizes moth's cyclone and reduces heal from Nature's ward. Also darkness increase dmg from Sneak atack. I used crouch in this fight, but can't say if it is critical to win. Any way in some point moth dies, and rat faces spider. If rat is lucky spider misses curse or web. If it is happens, you aleady win, like I did. Any way, rat has time for 2-3 atacks before spider will kill it. After rat dies we 2d time stun spider with Lovebird's lovestuck. I used pheromones in this point, but after fight I can't say it was good or no. May be the best way just do face dmg to cat with Peck or Alpha strike. In some point Lovebird dies. 3d pet, Fire beetle just finishes cat and spider with burn and 1 heal after prowl-buffed cat's atack. I didn't use wather eff. and can't say how much it will help.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 18th, 2016, 1:33 pm

Aulier vs Aquatic family
1. [pet]Emerald turtle[/pet] - Emerald bite/Shell shield/
2. [pet]Magical crawdad[/pet] - Snap/Shell shield/Wish
3. Any aquatic pet.
I see only few ways this fight can be done, and this one is the easiest. Emerald turtle kills bird, Magical crawdad - eye and sea pony. Turtle starts from Bite, Shield, Bite till bird dies. If turtle was unlicky and bird kills it, just rematch. After eye kills turtle, crawdad starts from Wish, Shield, Snap untill you need to refresh shield or Wish is out cd.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 18th, 2016, 2:44 pm

Xorvasc vs Mechanical family
1. [pet]Darkmoon tonk[/pet] - Missile/Shock and Awe/Ion cannon
2. [pet]Darkmoon zeppelin[/pet] - Missile/Explode/Decoy
3. [pet]Lifelike toad[/pet] - Water jet/Healing wave/Frog kiss
(I did this fight with Lil'bling (SMCKTHAT.EXE/Blingtron gift package/Make it rain) like 3d pet, and I don't like how it was, but I eventualy won it, so can't check Lifelike toad. But still toad should be much better)
First Xorvasc's pet is imp, who, like imps usual do, starts from Immolation and Nether gate. It gives us geat opportunity to use ability with burst dmg and "recharge" or self stun, cose pet will be swaped. So Darkmoon tonk starts from Ion cannon, and imp swaps it on Darkmoon zeppelin. Zeppelin has to kill imp by missile, after imp dies, it uses Decoy - Missiles... - Explode, what left Xorvasc's ooze like 30-40% hp or less. Darkmoon tonk comes back to field and starts from Shock and Awe. It may stun ooze, and this will be great, cose lasher will get 1 less corpse to heal. Shock doesn't stun ooze, tonk just kills it in few missiles.
After it we have 2 mech against elemental lasher, what can consume coprses every 5 rounds. It is duable even with only mech atacks, but if we get Lifelike toad with aquatic atacks after Darkmoon tonk, it just finishes lasher.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 18th, 2016, 3:52 pm

Grixis Tinipop vs Undead family
1. [pet]Unborn Val'kir[/pet] - Shadow slash/Curse of doom/Haunt
2. [pet]Bone serpent[/pet] - Bone barrage/Call darkness/Nocturnal strike
3. [pet]Blighted squirrel[/pet] - Woodchipper/Crouch/Stampede

Grixis's frog has routing wather eff. Mudslide and Stampede what do a lot critter dmg for undead. But, after Val'kir casts Curse of doom+Haunt and Bone serpent adds Call darkness+Nocturnal strike, frog dies.
But Bone serpent stays routed and debuffed for +100% dmg. And Egbert's brother Egcellent 2-shoted serpent. Still serpent has time for 2 Bone barrages. After serpent dies squirrel applies bleeding from Woodchipper, and start Stampede. On some point Egsellent uses Feign death and swaps with last pet. But he still dies from bleeding and dmg debuff on back line.
3d Grixis's pet is bombing, what does a lot elemental dmg and easy finishes squirrel. For squirrel priority is stampede on bomb, but if it can bleeding is also good.
After squirrel dies we have only half damaged Val'kir against heavy debuffed bomb. If for some reasons Egcellent doesn't die on back line, we lose. If bomb is last pet - we win. After 1-2 Shadow slashes bomb uses Armagedon and suicide. Even if Val'kir dies from Armagedon, it reses and we win.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 18th, 2016, 4:32 pm

Trapper Jarrum vs Humanoid family.
1. [pet]Hopling[/pet] - Tongue lash/Poison lash/Backflip
2. [pet]Feral Vermling[/pet] - Tongue lash/Poison lash/Backflip
3. [pet]Crusher[/pet] - Acid touch/Shell armor/
Feral vernling can be changed on any fast humanoid with stun and dirrect dmg like Qiragi guardling.
Fight is easy. Humanoids just crushed undead+elemental team. Just dont forget put poison lash on spirit, so your hopling will be healed even during dodge. Also Crusher against elemental dog has started from Acid tourch before armror.

Klaital

Post by Klaital » October 18th, 2016, 10:42 pm

Papazol wrote:Aulier vs Aquatic family
1. [pet]Emerald turtle[/pet] - Emerald bite/Shell shield/
2. [pet]Magical crawdad[/pet] - Snap/Shell shield/Wish
3. Any aquatic pet.
I see only few ways this fight can be done, and this one is the easiest. Emerald turtle kills bird, Magical crawdad - eye and sea pony. Turtle starts from Bite, Shield, Bite till bird dies. If turtle was unlicky and bird kills it, just rematch. After eye kills turtle, crawdad starts from Wish, Shield, Snap untill you need to refresh shield or Wish is out cd.
Tiny Blue Carp works really well in place of the turtle also, psychic blast + mana surge gets the bird so low that just one attack from your second pet is enough to finish off the bird.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 19th, 2016, 3:27 pm

Klaital wrote: Tiny Blue Carp
Yes. Only few aquatic pets has magic atack. Emerald turtle, blue carp and moonshell crab. Also ghostshell crab has spirit spikes with realy interesting (for this fight) mechanic. I think moonshell crab may be better choice for this fight with shell shield - moon tears - arcane slash... but I always wanted to use turtle for something special ;) .

Aulier vs humanoid family.
1. [pet]Winter's little helper[/pet] - Ice lance/Call Blizzard/Gift of winter's wail
2. Any humanoid pet, prefer with stun.
3. [pet]Sunborne val'kir[/pet] - Holy strike/Holy justice/Restoration
Little helpers can change wather and have magic atack what makes them the best choice to have deal with bird. Blizzard-Gift-Lance*2. Eye kills helper but also takes some dmg. 2d pet just have to do some dmg to eye, and stay so long, how it can. Eye casts dark rebirth. After it we may just wait 2 rounds and kill eye, or kill eye and stun it after ressurect. Stuned eye will be swaped on sea pony and dies on back line. If our 2d pet isn't die yet, we may swap it on Sunborne Val'kir and she easy kills sea pony.

Nightwatcher Merail vs humanoid family
Used same team like against Aulier and one shoted it. Little helper got first 2 pets. Spirit's undead res was stuned and moth was crushed.

Klaital

Post by Klaital » October 20th, 2016, 2:18 am

When you get around to dragons I really recommend p/p Dream Whelpling, that thing can about solo most tamers, I use it with Emerald Presence and Healing Flame and the first skill depending on enemy team, Sleeping Gas is generally better one for soloing teams since whenver it sleeps something the ai switches pet and thus gives you chance to sleep them again every time, giving you lot of free turns, it does however mean you will never benefit from the dragon racial so it takes a bit longer to kill things with that.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 20th, 2016, 1:49 pm

Klaital wrote: p/p Dream Whelpling
It is realy good and more plastic, whan emerald whelpling and emerald proto-whelp. But I have only p/b and too lazy to farm another one. If I catch rare p/p after another Xavius I will use it.

Hightwatcher Merail vs Dragonkin family
1. [pet]Emerald proto-whelp[/pet] (p/p) - emerald bite/emerald presence/emerald dream
2-3. Any dragonkin pets, prefer with high, 1600 hp or more.
Emerald proto-whelp or any from 2 another pets - Dream whelpling and Emerald whelpling, can solo kill whole team. But it is a bit slow, cose they use shield and heal. So backline pets take a lot of dmg, and if your first pet dies from unlucky crits you will do it next time. So pets like Lil'Tarecgosa or Blue dragonhawk hatchling (h/h) have some reason to be in team.

Klaital

Post by Klaital » October 20th, 2016, 4:35 pm

Just did Meryl with fliers today, and that was quite painful. Eventually had to resort to just restarting until moth dust sleeps the ghost and when it happened got it done. Here is what I used.

Yellow Moth with Alpha Strike, Cocoon Strike, Moth Dust
Ikky with Quills, Black Claw, Flock
Chi-Chi with Alpha Strike, Tranquility, Ethereal

Start with the moth, cocoon strike to avoid curse of doom, then spam alpha strike until the book dies, then against the ghost, alpha strike, moth dust, if the moth dust doesn't sleep the ghost, restart, otherwise next turn cocoon strike as Meryl switches in her moth to avoid the moth dust coming in next turn from it, then spam alpha strike until your moth dies, bring in Ikky, black claw, flock which will kill Meryl's moth unless its moth dust sleeps Ikky, in which case finish it off with quills after the sleep. Then against the ghost, black claw, flock, after this either Ikky or the ghost is dead, if the ghost is still alive it has both black claw and shattered defenses on it so Chi-Chi can finish it off with one alpha strike easily, and then use ethereal to avoid whatever it does on its undead round.

Sepsis
Pet Score:4668
BattleTag®:Kaivic#1622
Realm:Gnomeregan-us

Post by Sepsis » October 20th, 2016, 8:36 pm

Merayl with all Flyers was a fun one, but it gave me the chance to use something I don't get to very often.
[ability]Nevermore[/ability] from a [pet]Gilnean Raven[/pet].
I did make note of what I used for this one, here was my strat:

Blazing Firehawk - 2,2,2
Gilnean Raven - 2,2,2
Sentinel's Companion - 2,2,2

R1: Scorched Earth
R2-3: Fire Quills, should kill Breezy
R4: Predatory Strike vs Spirit
R5: Swap to Raven
R6: Nevermore
R7-11/12: Alpha Strike till the moth kills you
R13+: Soul Rush then Dark Talon, Ethereal if Moth Dust comes up again.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 21st, 2016, 2:31 pm

Hmm. Good idea to use Nevermore some way. Realy fun skill.

Bodhy Sunwayver vs Undead family
1. [pet]Bone serpent[/pet] - Bone barrage/Call darkness/Nocturnal strike
2. [pet]Scourged whelpling[/pet] - Tail sweep/Call darkness/Plagued blood
3. Any undead pet.
Bone serpent easy kills crab and gull and may kill murlock. On some point all abilities will be on CD, but no reason to change pet, we can just wait. If serpent dies, any another undead pet with undead atack can finish fight. I used Scourged whelpling to hold call darkness up.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 21st, 2016, 6:04 pm

Trapper Jarrun vs Dragonkin family
1. Blue dragonhawk hatchling (h/h)- Quills/Conflagrate/Flame breath
2. Emerald proto-whelp (p/p) - Emerald bite/Emerald presence/Emerald dream
3. Any dragonkin.

Undead pets aren't easy to kill for dragons. Spirit is fast, has dodge and can returm some health. So I just used drake with higher hp and dot. If Blue dragonhawk doesn't kill spirit, Emerald proto-whelp finish it and after it may kill both pets.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 22nd, 2016, 1:44 pm

Tiffany Nelson vs Humanoid family
1. Baby Winston - Tesla cannon/Primal rage/Barrier protector
2. Curious oracle hatchling - Water jet/Super sticky goo/Backflip
3. Little winter helper - Ice lance/Call blizzard/Gift of winter's wail
Few humanoid pets have mech atack Demolish like Anubisath idol. Ibelieve Anub may solo it. But I wanted something special. Only Baby Winston has unique Tesla cannon. With Barrier protector he easy kills 1st and 3d pets. 2d pet, Moth, we can kill like semielemental with Curious oracle or like bird with Little winter helper.

Klaital

Post by Klaital » October 22nd, 2016, 5:22 pm

Papazol wrote:Tiffany Nelson vs Humanoid family
1. Baby Winston - Tesla cannon/Primal rage/Barrier protector
2. Curious oracle hatchling - Water jet/Super sticky goo/Backflip
3. Little winter helper - Ice lance/Call blizzard/Gift of winter's wail
Few humanoid pets have mech atack Demolish like Anubisath idol. Ibelieve Anub may solo it. But I wanted something special. Only Baby Winston has unique Tesla cannon. With Barrier protector he easy kills 1st and 3d pets. 2d pet, Moth, we can kill like semielemental with Curious oracle or like bird with Little winter helper.
If you want a beast destroying humanoid you need not look any further than Rotten Little Helper, Booby-Trapped Presents one shots most beasts, and Greench's Gift hits like a truck too.