Family familiar notes

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us
Re: Family familiar notes

Post by Papazol » October 23rd, 2016, 5:14 pm

Klaital wrote: If you want a beast destroying humanoid you need not look any further than Rotten Little Helper, Booby-Trapped Presents one shots most beasts, and Greench's Gift hits like a truck too.
Great idea. May use it in future.

Durian Strongfruit vs Mechanical family
1. [pet]Lifelike toad[/pet] - Water jet/Healing wave/Frog kiss
2. [pet]Stonegrinder[/pet] - Screeching gears/Thunderbolt/Clean-up
3. [pet]Darkmoon zeppelin[/pet] - Missile/Explode/Decoy

We may start from any mech pet. Depending from first pet we may change our strategy. Better start from zeppelin's Decoy and switch on Lifelike toad. Toad doesn't take dmg from sunflower and have enough time to kill it. After it toad kills or almost kills tree. Darkmoon finishes tree (if toad doesn't do it) even with Explode if it is neccesary. Even with another pets die, Stonegrinder easy kills hippogryph with Clean-up*2 , but has to wait for Hippogriph's Lift-off. This is just 1 strategy for this team. For example, we can start from Stonegrinder and stun sunflower with screeching gears etc.

Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Klaital » October 24th, 2016, 3:54 am

I did Durian with critters yesterday. Went with

Snowshoe Rabbit with Flurry, Dodge, Burrow
Gu'chi Swarmling with Swarm, Chew, Consume
Rapana Whelk with Ooze Touch, Shell Shield, Dive

start with rabbit, flurry, flurry, burrow, then spam flurry until the flower dies, then against the tree, dodge, flurry, burrow, flurry. Use this rotation until the rabbit dies, then switch to swarmling, chew, swarm, consume, use this rotation until the swarmling dies, it should kill the tree before that and put enough hurt on the hippogryff that the rapana whelk can then finish it off with one or two ooze touches.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 24th, 2016, 2:50 pm

Bredda Tenderhide vs Flying family

1. [pet]Golden dawnfeather[/pet] - Quills/Sunlight/Love potion
2. [pet]Dragon kite[/pet] (s/s) - Breath/Roar/Lift-off
3. [pet]Dread hatchling[/pet] - Shadow talon/Consume corpse/Anzu's blessing

Flying family includs many pets with unique abilities. Any battle may be done few different ways. Fight against Bredda still isn't easy. Undead pet neutralizes speed advantage and magic pet does huge dmg to flying.
So we have to use flying pets with critter tipe atacks, or stun rotation (what isn't good idea for this fight), or heal for woodoo figure. I desided to use Golden dawnfeather with Sunlight-Love potion-Quills... rotation. He kills undead but may die from DoT same time. I anticipated this and desided to use evasion like solution.
2d Bredda's pet is magic, so we need flying with dragonkin atack to overhelm it and evasion. Only 1 flying pet combines this abilities - Dragon kite. Still we can use another pets, first of all - [pet]Teroclaw hatchling[/pet] with Alpha strike/Dodge/Nature ward. This pet should be good against spectral porcupette.
Dread hatchling easy wins fight. This pet may finish porcupette if our 2d pet dies from spectral strike crit, and kills eagle with no problem. We still may change it on [pet]Sentinel's Companion[/pet] with Dark talon/Soulrush/Ethereal.

Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Klaital » October 24th, 2016, 5:31 pm

I did Bredda with elementals today.

Jademist Dancer with Steam Vent, Acid Rain, Rain Dance
p/p Sun Sproutling with Punch, Healing Wave, Fist of the Forest
Lil' Ragnaros with Sulfuras Smash, Conflagrate, Flamethrower

Just went with brute force here as all of these pets are capable of dishing out a lot of damage fast. Jademist Dancer first, simply use acid rain and rain dance on cd and spam steam vent rest of the time, should make short work of the undead pet. once jademist dancer dies, bring in sproutling, use fist of the forest and healing wave on cd, spam punch rest of the time. Should kill the porcupette and take a big chunk out of the bird too before it dies, then just bring in lil' rag to finish the job.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 25th, 2016, 1:47 pm

Sir Galveston vs Flying family
1. Teroclaw hatchling - Claw/Dodge/Nature's ward
2. Sky Fry - Bite/Vicious slice/Shadow shock
3. Dread hatchling - Shadow talon/Consume corpse/Anzu's blessing

Against this team we have dilemma - if we avoid Falling murlock, it starts to do huge magic dmg to our flying pet. Another way our first pet resieves 1k+ dmg in 3 rounds. Best solution is Teroclaw hatchling, what can dodge faling murlock and change family on elemental. So dodge-nature's ward-claw-claw... is great start against this team. On some point murlock inspirates dragonkin. If we don't dodge buffed shadowflame, Teroclaw instantly dies. So we have predict this momet and avoid it. Any way, Teroclaw dies fast and dragonkin heals himself. So only our 2d pet Sky fry with humanoid Vicious slice have chance to beat him. Even if our pet dies first, Dread hatchling easy finishes almost killed dragonkin, bird and half killed murlock.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 25th, 2016, 3:19 pm

Robert Craig vs Critter family

1. [pet]Gleamhoof fawn[/pet] (P/B) - Stampede/Nature's ward/Headbutt
2. [pet]Tolai hare[/pet] (S/S) - Flurry/Dodge/Stampede
3. [pet]Snowshoe hare[/pet] (S/S) - Flurry/Dodge/Stampede

Fight with critters against beast team is always fun. But "In the world of Kung Fu, speed determines the winner" (c) Kung Fu Hustle. ;)
For first Craig's pet I desided to use Deer with Nature's ward. I tryed all deers and found, what the best pet should be Gleamhoof fawn in S/B breed. Sad for me, closest one from I have was only P/B. Logic is simple. Nature's ward-Stampede-Headbutt-Stampede... first pet dies. It may be interesting situation if tusk is stunned by Headbutt, but still it is OK if no.
Second Craig's pet, hippo has 280 speed. Only one deer, who can kill tusk and stay faster - Greamhoof fawn (s/b). Any way hippo has only one beast atack Headbutt and mostly uses aquatic Water jet and sleep for heal. So fast rabbit, what dodged Headbutt, kills hippo with Stampede-Flurry.
Last Craig/s pet, basilisk has 329 speed. So I desided to use both S/S rabbits, and just overhelmed his dps.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 26th, 2016, 12:41 pm

Amalia vs Critter family

1. [pet]Gleamhoof fawn[/pet] (P/B) - Stampede/Nature's ward/Headbutt
2. [pet]Tolai hare[/pet] (S/S) - Flurry/Dodge/Stampede
3. [pet]Snowshoe hare[/pet] (S/S) - Flurry/Dodge/Stampede

Just used same team like against Robert Craig. Easy win.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 28th, 2016, 4:19 pm

Tiffany Nelson vs Flying family

1. Yellow moth (p/p) - alpha strike/cocoon strike/moth dust
2. Crimson moth - alpha strike/cocoon strike/moth dust
3. Crimsonwing moth - reckless strike/cocoon strike/call lighting

With Moth dust's sleep procs Yellow moth almost killed whole team solo. Without luck you will need some more dmg from another Moths.

Durian Strongfruit vs Flying family

1. Crimsonwing moth - Reckless strike/Counterspell/Call lightning
2. Crow - Alpha strike/Call darkness/Nocturnal strike
3. Gilnean raven - Alpha strike/Call darkness/Nocturnal strike

Crimsonwing moth may not kill sunflower. Also moth's abilities have CD, so we have use it in order:
1. Counterspell
2. Reckless strike
3. Call lightning
4. Reckless strike
5. Counterspell
6. Reckless strike
and moth dies. But sunflower also dies or has a little life left. So our 2d pet finishes him. Darkness neutralizes tree's heal and last 2 pets have no chances against our crows.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 28th, 2016, 5:00 pm

Odorogg vs elemental family

1. Crimsone geode - Feedback/Aplify magic/Elementium bolt
2. Ominous flame - Spiritfire bolt/Scorched earth/Forboding curse
3. Electrified razortooth - Rip/Blood in the water/Devour

First Odorogg's snail does aquatic dmg and has dmg reflect. With order - Elementium bolt - Aplify - Feedback*2, geode kills it but dies in next 2 pound.
Second Odorogg'ssnail has shield and leech. Order - Curse - Scorched earth - Bolt, helps Ominous flame to win this part. Also he has time to curse 3d snail.
Razortooth with Rip+Blood in the water finishes battle.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » October 29th, 2016, 10:55 am

Bodhy sunwayver vs Elemental family

1. Crimsone geode - Feedback/Aplify magic/Elementium bolt
2. Ominous flame - Spiritfire bolt/Scorched earth/Forboding curse
3. Electrified razortooth - Rip/Blood in the water/Devour

Same like against Odorogg.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » November 1st, 2016, 7:19 pm

Bredda Tenderhide vs Humanoid family

1. [pet]Feral wermling[/pet] - Tongue lash/Poison lash/Backflip
2. [pet]Baby Winston[/pet] - Body slam/Logic/Barrier protector
3. [pet]Little winter helper[/pet] - Ice lance/Call blizzard/Gift of winter's wail

Backflip-Tongue lash*3-Backflip kills Voodoo figure, but Wermling also dies from DoTs or from spectral porcupette's atack. Only few rare humanoid pets have dragonkin atack. I haven't them so I desided to use tank. Like tank I used Winston, and he won dps race. Also he did some dmg to bird. Little winter helper just finished bird with Gift+Blizzard.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » November 2nd, 2016, 5:08 pm

Trapper Jarrum vs Magic family

1. [pet]Disgusting oozerling[/pet] - Absorb/Creeping ooze/Acidic goo
2. [pet]Eterial soul-trader[/pet] - Beam/Soul ward/Life exchange
3. [pet]Syd the squid[/pet] - Water jet/Bubble/Cleansing rain

Magic pets have many sets of unique abilities, what makes them realy funny for play. So, Oozes are great against undeads and I desided to use my favorite pet from vanila times Disgusting oozerling to fight spirit. DoTs burn spirit even in dodge time, absorb gives you heal to stay against it.
2d pet - undead crawdad has shield, so DoTs aren't work against him and ooze dies o this point. We may use any from magic porcupettes, like Spectral porcupette. But, actualy, we just need pet with desent direct dmg, shield and some kind of heal.I desided to use Soul-trader just to play him in some fights. He kills crawdad, and for 3d pet - dog, he starts with near 10% hp. So Life exchange halfes dogs health. If he doesn't kill it, Syd finishes dog with 1 or 2 water jets.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » November 3rd, 2016, 3:16 pm

Bodhi Sunwayver vs Flying family

1. [pet]Snowfeather hatchling[/pet] - Falcosaur swarm!/Squawk/Predatory strike
2-3. [pet]Crow[/pet] - Alpha strike/Call darkness/Nocturnal strike

I like to use new pets and Snowfeather has great abilities. Squawk-Swarm!-Predatory strike kill crab. Squawk - Swarm! - half gulls hp and debuff it. So Crow 1 shoted gull withCall darkness and kill murlok in few hits.

Durian Strongfruit vs Beast wamily

1. [pet]Hu-Fu, Cub of Huen[/pet] - Spirit claws/Moonfire/Vengeance
2. [pet]Flat-tooth Calf[/pet] - water jet/Stoneskin/Clobber
3. [pet]Warpstalker hatchling[/pet] - Blinkstrike/Screech/Comeback

Hu-Fu is nice looking pet, what I never can to use for something good. Before this fight. Hu-Fu is great against flower with Moonfire-Claws-Vengeance-Claws*... rotation. Also Hu-Fu kills tree in few Moonfire-Claws hits. I used Calf with aquatic atack like "plan B", but Hu-Fu just did first 2 pets itself. After Hu-Fu dies, Warpstalker easy kills hippogryph.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » November 5th, 2016, 4:08 pm

Bredda Tenderhide vs Beast family

1. [pet]Arctic fox kit[/pet](p/s) - Flurry/Crouch/Leap
2. [pet]Zao, Calfling of Niuzao[/pet] - Trample/Wish/Dominance
3. [pet]Warpstalker hatchling[/pet] - Blinkstrike/Triple snap/Comeback

Beasts aren't too good for this fight but it is still doable. For undead woodoo figure I desided to use Fox in p/s breed. It isn't too principal, we just need 289 speed. Rotation - Crouch -Flurry*...-Leap after woodoo figure resurects. With speed bufffrom leap fox will be faster magic porcupette and hits before dies, also absorbing first atack. Zao can kill porcupette with just Trample+Wish, But gull kills him. Warpstalker easy kills gull with Blinkstrike.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » November 6th, 2016, 12:49 pm

Varenne vs Humanoid family

1. Little winter helper - Ice lance/Call blizzard/Gift of winter's wail
2. Grommloc - Smash/Mighty charge/Giant's blood
or
2a. Flayer Youngling - Triple snap/Focus/Kick
3. Harpy Youngling - Slising wind/Flyby/Squawk

Winter helper kills mech but dies from bleeding right after it. The best 2d humanoid pet against rat is Flayer youngling, but I wanted to play my Grommloc somehow, so he does it. Frog starts from bubble, and we have to use multiatack to remove it. Grommloc isn't good for it, so he dies from DoTs. Harpy still fast win match.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » November 7th, 2016, 4:17 pm

Bodhi Sunwayver vs Aquatic family

1. [pet]Tundra penguin[/pet] - Peck/Slippery Ice/Ice lance
2. [pet]Moonshell crab[/pet] - Arcane slash/Shell shield/Moon Tears
3. Any aquatic pet

Penguins have flying ability - Peck, so Bodhi's crab dies fast. Slippery Ice-Ice lance*... leaves gull only half health, and Moonshell crab finishes it fast. Shell shield makes fight against murloc one gate play.

Grinix Tinipop vs Aquatic family

1. [pet]Magical crawdad[/pet] - Snap/Shell shield/Wish
2. [pet]Tundra penguin[/pet] - Surge/Slippery Ice/Ice lance
3. [pet]Fen crab[/pet] - Rip/Shell shield/Blood it the water

Magical crawdad a bit slow but safe kills frog, halfes health both Egcellent and bomb. After crawdad dies, penguin finishes bomb with Slippery Ice-Ice lance*..., and still has heath for few surges. After Egcellent kills penguin, Fen crab (or any croco) kills it with rip+blood.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » November 9th, 2016, 4:42 pm

Sir Galveston vs Humanoid family

1. [pet]Murkidan[/pet] - Shadow slash/Immolation/Nether gate
2. [pet]Sunborne Val'kir[/pet] - Holy strike/Holy justice/Restoration
3. [pet]Little winter helper[/pet] - Ice lance/Call blizzard/Gift of winter's wail

If Murkidan starts from Shadow slash - Nether gate - Shadow Slash*... he dies on 4-5 round. I did it this way and won from 1st atempt, but now I think it may be better to start - Shadow slash-Nether gate-Immolation and switch on Val'kir.
No matter way it will be done, fight starts from Val'kir against drake. And Val'kir just kills drake with brute force, stun murlok, and does as much dmg as it can to bird. After Val'kir dies, Winter helper 1-shots bird with Gift, and finishes murlok with Blizzard+Ice lance.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » November 12th, 2016, 6:05 pm

Durian Strong Fruit vs Humanoid family

1. [pet]Little winter helper[/pet] - Snowball/Call Blizzard/Gift of winter's wail
2. [pet]Curious oracle hatchling[/pet] - Water jet/Aged Yolk/Backflip
3. Any humanoid pet. I used [pet]Treasure goblin[/pet] with Magic sword

For this fight we need to change weather, but sandstorm or darkness work not too good here. So, Blizzard and Little winter helper is our choice. Elemental aren't affected by weather, so not reason to use Ice lance. Rotation - Gift-Blizz-Snowball... Helper kills sunflower and halfes tree before death from DoTs. Oracle finishes tree with Backflip+Water jet..., cleans tree's DoTs by Aged Yolk during first round against gippogriph, and killsit. If Oracle dies last pet easy finishes bird.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » November 13th, 2016, 3:39 am

Robert Craig vs Humanoid family

1. Rotten little helper - Ice lance/Booby-trapped presents/Call Blizzard
2. Any humanoid pet with mech atack, like Anubisath Idol with Demolish. I used Baby Winston - Tesla cannon/Primal rage/Barrier protector
3.Any humanoid pet with stun or avoidance. I used Treasure goblin - Magic sword/Wind magic/Portal

Humanoid atacks do less dmg to beasts, but still we have enough humanoids with mech or another kind atacks. Rotten little helper with Call Blizzard-Ice lance*... easy kills first pet, but will be instanly killed by 2d pet's headbutt. So we have to place Booby-trapped presents before it.
After hyppo kills Rotten helper, he instanly uses Hibernate and we need kill him fast. Baby Winston does it with Tesla cannon atacks.
3 pet, basilisk, starts from crystal prison. We may or may not switch pet for it. I switched. So, Treasure goblin comes, was atacked by Crystal prison, uses Wind magic and Portal. Baby Winston 2-shoted basilisk after it.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » November 14th, 2016, 8:15 pm

Nightwatcher Merail vs Aquatic family

1. [pet]Mr. Chilly[/pet] - Surge/Slippery Ice/Ice lance
2. Any aquatic pet with always first ability Surge and a lot health. Like [pet]Magical Crawdad[/pet] - Surge/Shell shield/Wish
3.[pet]Moonshell crab[/pet] (p/s)- Arcane slash/Shell shield/Moon tears

Aquatic pets have mostly aquatic and beast ablities, what don't help against magic and flying pets. Also huge aoe dmg doesn't help to win.
Mr Chilly starts from Slippery Ice. It is principal abitily. If oposite team misses few main atacks, you win battle. If no - you may lose. So, Mr. Chilly just refresh every 4 rounds Ice and spam Ice lance. He kills book and almost kills or even kills spirit. If no - it isn't matter cose next our pet Magical Crawdad just will have time to cast wish. Bird is hard, but flying atacks work better if bird going first. With Surge they are less effective. If Crawdad kills bird it is ok. If no - our Moonshell crab, what in (p/s) breed has higher speed than bird without fliing buff, finish it.