Legion affecting old pet master fights.. BS

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Deviantelf
Pet Score:12827
BattleTag®:Deviantelf#1836
Realm:Dalaran-us
Re: Legion affecting old pet master fights.. BS

Post by Deviantelf » October 7th, 2016, 5:26 am

Paladance wrote:@Deviantelf That strategy was also pasted to Xu-Fu's guides.
Sorry, I'm confused by this! Maybe it's just early morning and I'm missing something :(. The MPD and tonk? Cause that's what I was mostly talking about. I'm so confused.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » October 7th, 2016, 6:53 am

Blizarmy wrote:Ok so today i'm out in Darkmoon Fair. Keep in mind I record guides to help the community. And I have bought and payed for every expansion. I am fine with new content, new challenges, new pets. Most of us have not finished leveling all our old pets as is. I am furious that the fights in Darkmoon fair have been changed. Jeremy Feasel and that dam monkey already was mostly a RNG BS match now its nearly impossible.

I am trying to work on a WoD Achieve An Awfully Big Adventure... think its pretty low class to change the pet masters of older content I payed for when there are still achieves tied to them.

Please help me voice your opinion on this.

Thank you!

I do darkmoon faire every month on 15 plus alts great way to get some help leveling professions and some leveling xp.
I do the two battle masters everyday every month they are out.
I carry a pet in both of them every time and can still do it now as I am doing it this week with the same pets as always to carry pets thru. I have no idea what you are talking about it is exactly the same.

For monkey one i use proto whelp and Phoenix hatchling plus carry pet. Carry pet needs to be level 15 or higher here unless a mech pet then a little lower for it to work for me.
Proto whelp takes out eye and puts a hurt
Phoenix hatchling takes mech out and if not careful can take monkey out but just let it get monkey low with burn the on monkey and carry pet finishes job.

For second one proto whelp takes out squid.
Iron starlette takes out dire horn and gets cow real low again be careful to not kill with starlette.
Carry pet here to make easier should be near level 20 to finish cow unless mech or has some sort of dodge/stun to stop cow heal and boom done.

I do this all the time.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 7th, 2016, 6:24 pm

Also, compare Jeremy with Cymre who is even more mean despite the battle being pathetically scripted.
Well, that was my point. PvE battles are scripted. Not just pet battles, but PvE in general. The difficulty (and challenge) - no matter if it is Celestial Tournament difficulty, or Stonecold Trixy difficulty - comes from figuring out what you need to do given the conditions. Which doesn't include crossing your fingers and hoping that what you do randomly happens to work or not on a given day. PvE is by definition "solvable." If one wants more spontaneity, PvP (of any variety) is likely something that would be more interesting to that person.

Aranesh
Pet Score:7380
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Aranesh » October 8th, 2016, 3:21 am

Biscuit wrote: What I mean is, there should be more trainers (like Jeremy Feasal) who will use moves somewhat randomly. I'm not necessarily referring to 25% stun moves costing the match like Honky Tonk. I'm talking about the fights being a little less scripted is all. Give us ONE trainer where you're not even sure which 3 out 6 abilities their pet is using on that particular day.
We don't need to rework the entire system, not at all.
I'm merely stating it's nice and, quite honestly, refreshing to fight an NPC and having to adjust if things don't go exactly to plan.
I could not agree more. While crazily annoying to create guides for, they are usually the most fun to battle against when no other preconception of how they work is on the net, yet.
And I think Blizzard got the idea as well. There are actually a couple of fights in Legion where the enemy pets randomly choose their spells every time you start the fight. Not many, but a few. I found the variety in the world quests greatly refreshing. Some are super easy. Some are tough hard hitters, some are fully scripted synergies, others use spells at random etc. etc.

About the topic: I noticed that Jeremy Feasel is tougher to beat as well. Although I do not know what exactly changed.
And I think that is what rubs people off, not that it is harder, but that it's not documented and very hard to grasp what exactly changed. We don't even know IF something changed at all, right? Unlikely with the amount of people noticing something, but it could just be super bad luck.

Personally I believe it's a different spell priority for Honky-Tonk, but I could be wrong there. All the strategies I have stored still do work though, just with less reliability.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 8th, 2016, 3:34 am

Aranesh wrote: About the topic: I noticed that Jeremy Feasel is tougher to beat as well. Although I do not know what exactly changed.
When 7.0 was released there was an undocumented change to [ability]Eyeblast[/ability]. Increased damage and now on a 4 round cooldown.

This means Feasel's first pet (Judgement) can't just spam it anymore, allowing it to ramp up [ability]Focused Beams[/ability]. This puts a dent in many (but not all) older strats because they rely on the first pet to still be alive to do some damage to the tonk.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » October 8th, 2016, 4:44 am

Note also that [ability]Thunderbolt[/ability] has been nerfed in two ways (both cooldown and output), what is a concern regarding MPD's usage.

@upper posts

I guess what you may mean, but find an expression of it a bit unfortunate. Randomness can also occur for your advantage, what has been seen many times in the cases of moths spamming crit bonus (though it might have been a broken variable aswell).
A smart fight? Perhaps not far from possible (bots?), but "we're too busy for that". And would cause a mild paranoia if too smart.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Cluey
Pet Score:11369

Post by Cluey » October 9th, 2016, 12:18 am

Biscuit wrote:
Gilneas wrote:If one wants more spontaneity, PvP (of any variety) is likely something that would be more interesting to that person.
Couldnt agree more.
PVP pet battles is the true pet endgame IMHO and has been favorite aspect of WoW for quite some time now.
I just wish it were a little more beginner-friendly because I feel it intimidates people from trying it out fully, which is a real shame.
Yes this. If you want random abilities use which you don't even know what has been selected by your opponent.
My biggest gripe with it is that people go looking up the currently "best team" is and it just becomes frustrating to play. In fact I've done very few and none since the stupidity of Greaves and Webom.

As for the original purpose of this thread, it's just a cry fest disguised as "constructive criticism of WoW". Except it's not.
Blizarmy wrote:Ok so today i'm out in Darkmoon Fair. Keep in mind I record guides to help the community. And I have bought and payed for every expansion. I am fine with new content, new challenges, new pets. Most of us have not finished leveling all our old pets as is. I am furious that the fights in Darkmoon fair have been changed. Jeremy Feasel and that dam monkey already was mostly a RNG BS match now its nearly impossible.

I am trying to work on a WoD Achieve An Awfully Big Adventure... think its pretty low class to change the pet masters of older content I payed for when there are still achieves tied to them.

Please help me voice your opinion on this.

Thank you!
This will come across as a bit harsh but I feel it is needed as this happens way too often and nobody seems to get called out for it.

As per my post on the Blizzard forum.
achievement
[uh-cheev-muh nt]
noun
something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed:
his remarkable achievements in art.
the act of achieving; attainment or accomplishment:
the achievement of one's object.
So that's something you have to put effort into, not something you just get for turning up.
The An Awfully Big Adventure achievement is not there for everyone to just get, it's there for the people who want to get it and put some effort into getting it. I worked, nearly, all of it out myself. I looked up one thing in the Celestial Tournament because I was time constrained that week. With hindsight I regret doing that, I should have just waited another three weeks to do it all myself.

The things you get just for turning up are called participation rewards, which -as a grumpy old man- are crap and part of the entitled attitude which is so prevalent today.

I was notified of this thread by a friend, "Do you want to see the worst whiny post ever?" Was the message I got. I'd already done Jeremy that day so I had to wait, reset for me is 2am so I learnt how to capture my game as a video and recorded it for you. I uploaded it at about 3am.
Here's a long video of me consistently beating him about ten times in a row. It's not edited at all as I haven't looked into how to do that.

So your comments about it not being possible without being lucky are utter crap.
Replying to your own post with a second account is petty. I'm going to guess you haven't seen any Wowhead or WCP guides on doing this since 7.0 because nobody has bothered as it wasn't that hard, or you didn't look very hard. The posts you linked to in this thread on this forum have the strats you were looking for!

I haven't seen any of your guides but given you have complained so much about this, which is really not hard, I'm not sure there's any reason for me to go searching for them.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Post by Quintessence » October 9th, 2016, 8:24 am

Locking this thread. We all have different experiences and points of view on things, but let's keep the discussions positive and friendly.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com