Pandaria Trainers no longer give character exp?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Maradia
Pet Score:12244
Realm:Sen'jin-us
Pandaria Trainers no longer give character exp?

Post by Maradia » September 28th, 2016, 3:52 am

I took a break for about 8 months toward the end of WOD, before this i had been working on getting all my pets to 25, and alts to 100. One of the most convenient ways to do this was to take the level 90+ character and have them do all of the pandaria trainers and get a little bit of exp while i level pets.

So i come back with legion and take my level 90 hunter out to do this, and now these quests give me no exp. Nothing seems to have changed for the level of pet exp, but multiple trainers give no character exp. Is this in some patch notes I missed? Is it a bug? I tried to submit a ticket about this but got a generic response to go to wowhead.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Re: Pandaria Trainers no longer give character exp?

Post by Uduwudu » September 28th, 2016, 9:08 am

Hi,

Strange. At least Timeless Isle does give XP, however, I do not spend time on the Battlemasters, as they are a rip for the most part, and the benefits are not worth it. They should give Pet Charms, not crap.

I just don't see the point, beyond simply getting the Pets that you must (Water Spirit) and that's about it ... the other three don't even feature in just about any strategy around for anything, thus, I do not bother.

The same goes for the big Pet names in the Tanaan Jungle, and I would not mind doing them some more, except that the rewards are crap. In general, the folks that coded this lied to the user base, by continually saying that the harder things are the better the results and rewards, and instead they don't even give us a bone, or a hot dog so your pets can get 25% more experience while leveling, specially now that they took away the Pet Charms, with a malicious nerf to prevent you from spending time on something else, other than the Legion expansion.

For that matter, the first Pet I got in Legion from one of those class things, was with the shammie ... and I got a Level 1 Pet ... that has EXACTLY the same stats as almost any BEAST at level 1 as an Uncommon Pet. THAT IS NOT CALLED a REWARD. That is called false advertising and a lie!

Maradia

Post by Maradia » September 28th, 2016, 10:43 am

The rewards really weren't the draw of doing them for me either. I have teams set up where i could level, 2-3 pets from 1-25 doing all the trainers per day. Given they're all daily quests, it would give me almost a third of a level at level 90 each day. This made it an easy way to level an alt, and level a few pets in the process. I'm going to be really sad if it's intentional, cause after doing loremaster on my main and leveling 2-3 alts through questing I just get to a point where I'd do anything else to level the rest of my alts (I like the idea of maxing every class). They did occasionally give the family blue battle stones, but that seems to be nerfed/removed as well :(

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » September 28th, 2016, 1:36 pm

That's odd. My banker/battler is still 100, and has done a few trainer battles recently in Pandaria, and got XP for them. Not a lot of XP, something like 15K each, but normal quest XP.

When I get into the game, I'll test a couple of other trainers.

Ssparkles
Pet Score:10167
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Ssparkles » September 28th, 2016, 4:24 pm

I have a baby Hunter parked at Aki and I know she's still getting xp cause she hit 58 not too long ago. Unsure if this is from the battle or the quest. I'll have to test this for you.

Edit: Okay so I just tried this. My lvl 58 got 10425xp for winning the fight and then 13725xp and 60s for handing in the quest.
I have two lvl 100s parked at Spirit Tamers. I'll test those for you when I get in tonight. Currently running late for work.
Last edited by Ssparkles on September 28th, 2016, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » September 28th, 2016, 4:58 pm

I just checked the very lowest trainers - Julia Stevens, Old McDonald, Eric Davidson, Steven Lisbane.

I did them all using only level 25 pets, on a level 100 character.

I got no character XP from the battles themselves, as you would expect, since I was using 25s against 3s and 4s.

I got 15050 character XP when I handed in each quest.

I then did Thundering Pandaren Spirit. I got 11400 character XP from the battle, and 15050 character XP from the quest.

So everything seems normal for me.

Maradia

Post by Maradia » September 28th, 2016, 5:11 pm

I tried it again today, after seeing these messages. Seems like its back to working luckily. Thank you all for your input. I don't know why it was bugged the other day.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » September 28th, 2016, 9:55 pm

Maradia wrote: ...
They did occasionally give the family blue battle stones, but that seems to be nerfed/removed as well :(
I do believe, but can not confirm, that this has been nerf'd surreptitiously. I usually spend the time in Timeless Isle battling pets from 22 until they top out, and for the past several days, I have not seen a single Stone. On my account, I leveled 3 pets all the way, and with my next door friend, we got 4 more pets leveled and not a single Stone.

I was enjoying the extra stone, specially when the amount of pets that a Vendor/Quest provide are not of the Rare quality and will require a Stone to become Rare. In fact, of the Greens I have that need upgrading (both Stone and levels) I have something like 45 of them ... many of them CATS ... the worst musical ever! ;)

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » September 29th, 2016, 2:48 am

I've been doing the Pandaren quests on level 90+ characters... so they can travel there on their own. I have been getting the normal xp.

Ssparkles
Pet Score:10167
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Ssparkles » September 29th, 2016, 2:53 am

Came to post the xp info from my 100 at the Thundering Spirit but I see you've got it all sorted.
It was 11400xp for the win and 15050xp 15g60s for the quest hand in if you're interested.

I too have noticed a drop in both stones and pets from Tamers. I have lowbies dotted all over the place to pick up bags/level pets. I've had 3 stones and 2 pets since Legion launched. But I'd stock pilled quite a few stones rarity/levelling and 12k+ charms so I'm in a good place atm.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » October 2nd, 2016, 11:08 pm

Uduwudu wrote:I do believe, but can not confirm, that this has been nerf'd surreptitiously. I usually spend the time in Timeless Isle battling pets from 22 until they top out, and for the past several days, I have not seen a single Stone. On my account, I leveled 3 pets all the way, and with my next door friend, we got 4 more pets leveled and not a single Stone.
Battling random creatures in the wilds has never gotten you stones very easily. I think I've gotten like 5 unmarked blue stones since the MoP expac started so you not getting any doesn't mean they've been nerfed. The stones dropped from the bags and only extremely rarely from the battles.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » October 4th, 2016, 1:13 am

The stones surely still drop. Do you battle all tamers a day in Pandaria or do you stick to one/two tamers?

On the other hand, I've seen a [pet]Porcupette[/pet] once. I sold it because of Wowhead comments whining that it isn't worth keeping at all. I regret that. :cry:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Dirkie
Pet Score:5479
BattleTag®:dirk#1435
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Post by Dirkie » April 3rd, 2017, 11:00 am

I have a level 60+ I do the Farmer Tamer with and wild pet battles around the same area. I got a blue flying stone last week from a wild pet battle and have gotten blue stones from Tamer Bags on my Level 90+ toon doing the rest of the Pandaria Tamer dailies in the last week. So stones are still possible but as others have said are not common to get. I wonder if they have tied the drop rate to player levels? I did get a Elemental pet last week also.