LF easy PVP team

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Yukio
Pet Score:10716
Realm:Illidan-us
LF easy PVP team

Post by Yukio » September 25th, 2016, 4:29 pm

I'm an achievement completion nut. I only missed 100% in Cataclysm by two but have been frustrated since MOP by the 5k PVP pet battle one. I don't want to do the win trade route so I've decided to finish it this expansion by chipping at it daily.

I need roughly 4300 more so assuming a two year expansion cycle (730 days) I need to do roughly six wins a day.

I was hoping someone could suggest an easy team comp in the current meta I could queue up with while doing quests, etc..

Thanks in advance.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: LF easy PVP team

Post by Gráinne » September 26th, 2016, 12:02 am

The problem with "easy" teams is that they're boring. You can probably get better win rate with more interesting teams too. OTOH, I remember from grinding out the last couple of hundred wins for Trainer that interesting teams are tiring to play. Trade-offs.

Disco mentioned in one of his last two or three videos that he was coasting a bit recently with a Murkalot/BFB/Bronze Whelpling team. I see you have Murky, so that might be an option.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » September 26th, 2016, 8:38 am

Hi,

I do not PvP at all (bad eyesight), but honestly ... that's like making an assumption that everyone else is not smart enough to know what they can do or not? (Haven't tried PvP pets yet!)

Besides, they can read it here, too!

The difference between the good and great players in this game, is their knowledge of the spells and their usage. When you learn to not take a big hit, because you blocked it, or dived to stop it, you will have gained half the ability needed. Now, knowing the pets your enemy is using, is the rest of the equation. You don't need to be told that Pump is going to be used again, when the opponent is nearing his low health standard, and is trying to get out of the fight asap.

Blocking that bomb, and any bomb, is the best tactic there is in this game.

I hate that Rabbit, while leveling my pets to 25 ... the son of a gun, dives and then dodges the 2nd time. And your Whelp just wasted 1K or more! But knowing when to switch really makes a difference. Anubis and Shield to the rescue! One of those mitigated!

My biggest suggestion is make sure you level all your pets from 22 to 25 in various zones so you can see the various strategies the game uses on so many of them, and it will teach you how to play a variety of them and how to defend if you have to and WHEN to hit, if you need to. The when of the big hit is often the difference in the fights!

My nickel's worth!

PS: I DO use Pet Tracker since it shows the spells the pet is using and the cool downs ... that helps a lot!
PS: Some new pets from Legion might also change these combinations. I am having fun with that Erudite and that Eldrich, and they are handy, for example, and that Fawn is excellent, not quite as strong as the Infected Fawn, but almost as good and ready to graduate to Cymre! One of the Hawk's was nasty ... I mean nasty ... he tore up everything from 23 to 25 regardless of what it was!

Shagina
Top Rater
Pet Score:3992
Realm:Grim Batol-eu

Post by Shagina » September 27th, 2016, 2:23 am

Teroclaw Hatching and Anubisath Idol are two pets with very high power level that are simple to use and pretty much plug-and-play into most teams. Ghastly Kid, Fiendish Imp and Teroclaw Hatching is my go-to if I want to play something dull, but strong.

Yukio
Pet Score:10716
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Yukio » September 27th, 2016, 9:42 am

Shagina wrote:Teroclaw Hatching and Anubisath Idol are two pets with very high power level that are simple to use and pretty much plug-and-play into most teams. Ghastly Kid, Fiendish Imp and Teroclaw Hatching is my go-to if I want to play something dull, but strong.
Thanks. Will start chipping away at it with that!