2 Pet Strategies for Tarr the Terrible

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us
Re: 2 Pet Strategies for Tarr the Terrible

Post by Uduwudu » September 28th, 2016, 10:04 pm

Hikage wrote: ... The only reason it seemed to finally work is because I got lucky on the latter. And that's not what I'd call a good strategy. :/
You got a critical hit somewhere in the middle that made the difference, is my guess.

I have not tried the new suggestion with Weebo, as yet, but will probably give it a shot. The hard part, is making sure that you have something like Pet Tracker, so you can see the spells being used and their cool downs, which makes your ability to make your decisions a bit easier.

For example, as listed above, I try to get my Creepy Crate (or the Fossilized something or other) to use Bonestorm twice. The first time it does anywhere from 213 to 273 (that's as much as I have seen), to all three Murks, and the second time, the same damage to two Murks since one is already dead. But you can get easily caught, on the BLOCK, which says one round, but effectively happens on two rounds sometimes, and I have not gotten a good handle on that, and seen it in the log ... unless something you cast hit twice, instead of once? Can't tell. Likewise, with Weebo, his CLEAVE should hit all the pets, but again, you have to pay attention to the blocks and the hit points, and when to use it ... I imagine right at the start and then after the CoolDown and the Block, but by that time there should only be 2 Murks, not 3.

Klaital
Pet Score:4516
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Re: 2 Pet Strategies for Tarr the Terrible

Post by Klaital » September 28th, 2016, 10:10 pm

Uduwudu wrote:
Hikage wrote: ... The only reason it seemed to finally work is because I got lucky on the latter. And that's not what I'd call a good strategy. :/
You got a critical hit somewhere in the middle that made the difference, is my guess.

I have not tried the new suggestion with Weebo, as yet, but will probably give it a shot. The hard part, is making sure that you have something like Pet Tracker, so you can see the spells being used and their cool downs, which makes your ability to make your decisions a bit easier.

For example, as listed above, I try to get my Creepy Crate (or the Fossilized something or other) to use Bonestorm twice. The first time it does anywhere from 213 to 273 (that's as much as I have seen), to all three Murks, and the second time, the same damage to two Murks since one is already dead. But you can get easily caught, on the BLOCK, which says one round, but effectively happens on two rounds sometimes, and I have not gotten a good handle on that, and seen it in the log ... unless something you cast hit twice, instead of once? Can't tell. Likewise, with Weebo, his CLEAVE should hit all the pets, but again, you have to pay attention to the blocks and the hit points, and when to use it ... I imagine right at the start and then after the CoolDown and the Block, but by that time there should only be 2 Murks, not 3.
The Shieldstorm blocks last until they are used up, it gives each of his pets one stack of block.