Increased Unborn Val'kyr Spawn Rate

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Prettyheals
Pet Score:5799
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Increased Unborn Val'kyr Spawn Rate

Post by Prettyheals » August 1st, 2016, 3:07 pm

I saw a thread about this on the WoW Battle Pet Forums page.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747866674

People are saying that the Val'kyr spawn rate has been reduced to every 20 minutes, at all possible spawn points. I haven't heard if this was an intentional change or not. I am posting it here for folks that don't have one yet. Just in case this is a bug or mistake, run to Northrend and get one before they hotfix it! Can anyone comment to whether this was an intentional change?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Increased Unborn Val'kyr Spawn Rate

Post by Quintessence » August 1st, 2016, 3:26 pm

Prettyheals wrote:Can anyone comment to whether this was an intentional change?
I haven't seen any official word from Blizzard on this, so the only way to confirm is to ask. But then that might lead to developers suddenly needing to release a hotfix... :lol:

Can anyone else confirm that the Unborn Val'kyr seems to have an increased spawn rate as of 7.0.3?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Vongalin
MVP
Pet Score:9331
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Vongalin » August 1st, 2016, 3:33 pm

Yes, I can 100% confirm this. I was able to fly to each zone, checking each spot and found one each and every time. For testing, I would kill the spawn if it wasn't a breed I needed and then circle back around - voila, another one was up when I hit the zone again.

Shouldn't be an issue getting these now.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » August 1st, 2016, 9:06 pm

Hi,

I think this started last week ... I found another one on the mini-map and I thought ... this can't be right, so I lowered up and sure enough ... there she was again. I setup quickly and now, unfairly or otherwise, have 2 of them, and already leveled the 2nd one to 25. And they are both different, which is probably even better.

Now I'm waiting for the next nerf ... you can't use the same "pet" in any fight. Meaning that having any different pets will be trivial and not useful anymore. Like having two Eternal Striders is a good thing ...

What is weird is that they created the differences, and now appear to be upset that most people have figured out how to use the different pets better and more efficiently ... I like the idea of ... use a H/H pet here instead of a B/B ... or S/S. It made for the Pet Battles to be far more intelligent and clever than the majority of the whole game, which is not even a challenge anymore and just redo's in different colors!

Ohhh excuse me ... different looks and every helm looks worst than the other. What you doing? Selling to your kids that war is good? 8-)

Bigfire
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Bigfire » August 6th, 2016, 6:58 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Prettyheals wrote:Can anyone comment to whether this was an intentional change?
I haven't seen any official word from Blizzard on this, so the only way to confirm is to ask. But then that might lead to developers suddenly needing to release a hotfix... :lol:

Can anyone else confirm that the Unborn Val'kyr seems to have an increased spawn rate as of 7.0.3?
I bagged my HH breed Val'kyr team by flying to known spawn point in Borean Tundra and Sholazar Basin in about 20 minutes. So the spawn timer is definitely up.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » August 7th, 2016, 3:23 pm

yep its defo upped spawn rate, found like 3 in 10 minutes....
(finally the nub has one!)

edit: is there an addon to see the breed if its grey/white/green?

Shaytan
MVP
Pet Score:5237
Realm:Deathwing-us

Post by Shaytan » August 7th, 2016, 10:27 pm

Agreed, Spawn is much higher. I was able to get a B/B, after 10 H/H in under 3 hours flying around the different zones.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » August 11th, 2016, 11:37 pm

Hi,

Once I had 2 of them, and different, I decided to level them both and use the blue stone on them. No reason to wait, because they are so valuable all around.