Pet Battles on 07/19 and related bugs!!!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tandy
MVP
Pet Score:8547
Realm:Kul Tiras-us
Re: Pet Battles on 07/19 and related bugs!!!

Post by Tandy » July 21st, 2016, 11:28 pm

Quintessence wrote:RE: Stitches Jr. - [pet]Stinker[/pet]! This little skunk can solo him almost every time. Only occasionally do I need a second pet to finish off Stitches. [pet]Giant Sewer Rat[/pet] makes for a decent follow-up.
Currently, Iron Starlette can also solo him (used P/B):
  • Windup
    Supercharge
    Windup
    Windup
    Pass or Powerball (won't do dmg)
    Supercharge
    Windup
At this point you should be into the immortal round, so it's just a matter of waiting him out. Six toons and I haven't had to bring in a second pet.

Side note: I did bug the Enchanted Broom (Tuesday night). No reply yet.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » July 22nd, 2016, 1:00 am

Uduwudu wrote:Being in a place like this website, helps, though, and I thank all of you. But if someone, this site included is going to put up strategies, please REMOVE all the old crap! Or at least mark it OLD at the top? I mean, does it take an idiot to notice that the PWS is no longer as effective as it was last week? In any fight?
The website itself (if you're talking about WPets) doesn't contain any strats. A forum is a forum -- there are various posters, including people who may be not active anymore. But there are dates, huh. I guess each person is aware enough to look for the likely fresh stuff.
If you have an account on Wowhead, you can mark the comments out of date with providing a reminder for mods why these are so.
Sadly most of people just put a downvote accusing others of lies, because the first ones are so blind they can't see the date and patch :/
Uduwudu wrote:As an example, my neighbor got so frustrated, because he could not get anything done, that he turned off the computer and left. He's not exactly a dud and has almost 500 Pets, but it was not easy, combined with all the harsh changes (his first going around through them!!!), left him out of it, and hasn't played since. And he had covered his playing for over 3 months already, before.
The amount of pets is nothing if they aren't blue and have poor stat profiles. What was he trying? Did he just follow strats or has he tried to discover the team himself?

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Prettyheals
Pet Score:5799
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Prettyheals » July 22nd, 2016, 8:51 pm

4th day for me and still bugged. Logging out then in worked somewhat yesterday, I was able to complete the menagerie daily on more than half of my characters. However, today it is completely broken again. The quest isn't showing up at all, no matter what I do. Sooooo frustrating. Is it just my garrison or are others still having problems? Trying to figure out if I should take this personally :o

Paladance

Post by Paladance » July 22nd, 2016, 10:56 pm

Battle Pet Tamers: Warlords bugged again. I got 5/5 in the quest log for nothing, but this time I couldn't turn-in it to Lio. Always it's a kind of progress from their side. :lol:

I abandoned that, I don't want to tear a hole turning Draenor into yet another Outland. ;)
EDIT: It seems that it pop-ups 5/5 right after picking it up again. :shock: Draenei, forgive me!
(will check how it looks on the Horde… apparently it's 1/5 also for no reason)

Shardiru
Pet Score:7039
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Shardiru » July 23rd, 2016, 7:53 pm

The last couple days I've been doing pet battles while leveling a character and frequently run into bugged battles. Clicking to start the encounter does nothing, and after 5-10 seconds a failed to create pet battle pops up in chat. That target will consistently fail to start no matter how many times I try to start it. Others work just fine. Also sometimes the battle will load up, but the opponents rear pets don't load in, making the fight never start. Have to forfeit and move to a different target.

These have all been in Zul'drak if any one was wondering, I haven't tried anywhere else yet. If I do, I'll update this post.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » July 25th, 2016, 11:26 am

Hi,

Was gone most of Friday, all the way to Sunday late ... did not miss the game one iota!

Log'd in Sunday night and only one character in my 10 was able to do the daily fight. Not surprised, but terribly saddened for all the characters I burned resources and gold on to add a Menagerie that I can no longer use!

At this point, I think that Blizzard is on a harsh knee-jerk reaction to kill something they created that got bigger than they thought it would, and now ... they can only screw it up to ensure that you can not level pets and fight the harder fights, many of which had become trivial and just boring!

As it is right now, I think that things like the Celestial Tournament, and some of the Elite fights are over. Blizzard could at least make sure that every Battle Master gave away at least one Pet Charm, so we would have a carrot to chase here and there, and toes snapping like Bugs Bunny while eating it! But at this moment, most of the Battle masters only give you a kick in the butt, and some of the quests, are broken to boot!

I'm totally amazed at the unprofessional, and totally amateuristic attitude and code implementation by Blizzard. If this was a store that sold goods, or a restaurant that you went out to eat with your friends, you would never come back to it again! And I think that Blizzard needs a serious run on humble pie at this point!

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » July 25th, 2016, 4:01 pm

@Quintessence: not really a bug but pet pvp rewards now [(PET Familie) Battle-Training Stone] too besides
Pet Charms and [(PET Familie) Battle-Stone] :D

Tandy
MVP
Pet Score:8547
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Tandy » July 25th, 2016, 4:14 pm

Uduwudu wrote:Hi,

Was gone most of Friday, all the way to Sunday late ... did not miss the game one iota!

Log'd in Sunday night and only one character in my 10 was able to do the daily fight. Not surprised, but terribly saddened for all the characters I burned resources and gold on to add a Menagerie that I can no longer use!

*Edited out remaining quote*
I don't think it's certain that the garrison battles is necessarily intended. It hasn't been announced, and usually such nerfs are. There is a bug report on the bug report forum; multiples in fact. Unfortunately I can't post the link. I would suggest that everyone voice their concerns.

Antimony
Pet Score:13578
BattleTag®:Antimony#1176
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Antimony » July 27th, 2016, 12:26 pm

Paladance wrote:Battle Pet Tamers: Warlords bugged again. I got 5/5 in the quest log for nothing, but this time I couldn't turn-in it to Lio. Always it's a kind of progress from their side. :lol:
I just turned in Battle Pet Tamers: Warlords, and the quest completed but I only got a gold reward even though the quest window showed the 10 battle pet level stones. Sigh. Pet battling is a big part of what I do in WoW these days, and it just keeps getting more and more frustrating.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » July 27th, 2016, 3:41 pm

One bright side to the Menagerie Daily apparently going account-wide, the Menagerie Weekly seems to sometimes be repeatable with different alts. Pretty sure this wasn't intentional so I'm still holding out hope that the Daily nerf is a glitch too. The first three days of the patch toons could sometimes get the Daily and sometimes couldn't, but logging off and back on again would usually fix it. So was obvious that Blizzard was having trouble getting it to work right.

The Weekly has always been a bit weird, with it magically completing for no apparent reason without having beat 5 trainers that week. That's still going on but now, after it's been completed a first time, an alt will occasionally get the Weekly again and another alt will later see the quest flagged complete. This doesn't always mean it can be turned in though. Sometimes they see the yellow question-mark over Battle Master and yay, sometimes she won't let you turn it in. Though I've found that eventually, maybe day or two later, another alt can turn in. I've gotten 30 Training Stones from it so far this week, got 50 last week.

Wasn't sure about posting this as I'd prefer Blizzard not fix it 8-) Fortunately it's obvious that they are ignoring this thread and all the ones about same topic on the WoW forums, so I'm not worried.

Prettyheals

Post by Prettyheals » July 27th, 2016, 4:45 pm

Wasn't sure about posting this as I'd prefer Blizzard not fix it 8-) Fortunately it's obvious that they are ignoring this thread and all the ones about same topic on the WoW forums, so I'm not worried.
LoL...This does feel true. I have felt for a long time that Blizzard has their own vision and agenda for WoW, and that they don't SEEM to care if we like it or not. :? I am very happy about the extra Flawless Battle-Training Stones. I am hording my pet charms like Gollum and refuse to spend any of them to level my pets. My Precious...

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » July 28th, 2016, 10:00 pm

Prettyheals wrote:
LoL...This does feel true. I have felt for a long time that Blizzard has their own vision and agenda for WoW, and that they don't SEEM to care if we like it or not. :? I am very happy about the extra Flawless Battle-Training Stones. I am hording my pet charms like Gollum and refuse to spend any of them to level my pets. My Precious...
There are also some freebies now and then. Every time I take my 23's to level all the way (when I have 5 or 6 of them ready), I have gotten a freebie Blue Rock every something or other like 25 or so fights, so in the end, not only can you spend some time cleaning up some extra Pets, and get the correct Blue you need (S/S instead of B/B doubled up for example), you would only need to level it a few more steps ... and sometimes, you swapped out the Green/White/Gray completely out of your collection, which is my goal. I only have like 6 Common (White) and 3 Poor (Gray) and they are all extras and I have not decided to upgrade them, or dump them, all of it depending on the number of rox we can get.

Needless to say, I seriously doubt that anyone can get to all blues and a "high score" on the Pet List anytime soon. The nerf, pretty much killed that real quick. But the ability to choose which "blue" you should upgrade, is now more important, since it might be a Pet you need on daily fights ... make sure you keep track of the Pets that make the fights easier for just about every big/bigger fight, or at least know how you can replace the Unborn Val'kyr if you don't have it! Gotta love a strategy and less than 10% of the players probably have one!

Prettyheals

Post by Prettyheals » July 29th, 2016, 3:44 pm

I was kind of late to the party with pet battling. I have always been a vanity pet and mount collector. When they made the pet collection account wide, I spent a good week clearing out my pet inventory due to the massive amount of duplicates I had. I didn't really start pet battling until Timeless Isle and the Celestial Tournament. I spent most of what was left of MoP trying to level the pets I needed for the tournament. In WoD, many people were able to completely level all their pets due to exploits in the pet daily and garrison bonuses. I really didn't take advantage of this like I should have. I just really didn't enjoy WoD, and spent most of it raiding or leveling alts. I also took a break from WoW for several months during WoD. I did manage to get all of my pets upgraded to rare quality before they nerfed the pet charms. However, I still have about 265 pets out of 716 left to level. I try not to think about how long that is going to take me. :shock: I am just focusing on getting as many charms as I can before Legion drops.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » July 30th, 2016, 8:49 am

Besides all that bugs and ninja changes, I've recently experienced twice a bug related to the Erris daily.
When I kept it in my quest log for a while, it received autocompletion during mundane actions: once it was checking the garrison table, another time it was simply logging between the characters.

Similar to the weekly bugs, I guess.

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » July 31st, 2016, 9:44 pm

Prettyheals wrote: ...
However, I still have about 265 pets out of 716 left to level. I try not to think about how long that is going to take me. :shock: I am just focusing on getting as many charms as I can before Legion drops.
Yeah 552/683 Rare's. So that means 131 left for me, plus any new pets. 124 Greens, 5 Whites and 2 Poor. One of the poor's is a Kun-Lai Runt, but he is the preferred style (P/B) and I'm considering using a Rok, but at this time, he is not one of the mandatory things, so I have not made teh call. I might go try and farm it out and see if I can get another blue ... but sometimes, this is tough, specially when the "quantity" of pops by this critter is not exactly all over the map.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » August 9th, 2016, 12:58 am

Yet another bugged Erris day… This time it was picking up the garrison resources from the cache.

It seems like the currency triggers that…

Let me level pets without using stones! :<

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » August 9th, 2016, 3:58 pm

Paladance wrote:Yet another bugged Erris day… This time it was picking up the garrison resources from the cache.

It seems like the currency triggers that…

Let me level pets without using stones! :<
If I use leveling stones on any pets, they are in the middle ... from 10 to 20 or so ... mostly because it is easy to take any pet to 10, and you can do them in bunches (Stonetalon is great 6 to 10, for example), and for the higher level I keep a list of pets and get them to 23 and then find my spot or two, and level them all. Between yesterday and today, I got 9 of these from 23 to 25 ... and yep ... one blue rock showed up! Another green off the list!

Paladance

Post by Paladance » September 7th, 2016, 12:24 am

Still Erris/Kura daily bugged on live. Apparently the crate doesn't bug it anymore, but garrison reward still does.