Nerf Live now

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Grumalot
Pet Score:3912
Realm:Uther-us
Nerf Live now

Post by Grumalot » July 19th, 2016, 10:51 am

Logged on today and the nerf has gone live. my Pandaren water spirit shows as having whirlpool and geyser but when I start the fight the Whirlpool changes to healing wave.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: Nerf Live now

Post by Paladance » July 19th, 2016, 1:31 pm

I've heard that it's a part of that. Do you know if tomorrow I could search for pets according to their abilities? What with weather effects? ;)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » July 19th, 2016, 4:33 pm

Hi,

Massive changes. AND, if you have not been through these before, you will get frustrated until you get to the point that you know what you are doing somewhat ... use of spells and such, since it is all changed.

This, has to happen every so often. It happened on the first major, when the game went past 60, and then later when it went past 90. While tough to get adjusted to in the end, it's OK. It was so cluttered right now with so many spells doing the same as any other but just a different name, and color icon, that in the end, it makes sense.

The Pet Battles, since this site is about that, is probably going to lose a lot of folks now. Why? It will take forever to upgrade things and add up the Pet Charms, so you can get a rock to upgrade your pet to Rare, or to buy enough rocks to upgrade your own pets. I suppose this was designed intentionally so you would spend more time actually battling pets for upgrading, rather than using rocks to take your pets up. But the ability to get 750 pets and take them to RARE and then 25, is going to take way too long, and I think that many folks will get frustrated. I do think that the vendor prices for the Rare rocks should drop to 10, for example, and the upgrade rocks to 2 instead of 3. As of right now the inflation process is going to hurt the economy, and honestly, it can only happen if half the people that do pet battles stop over night and the folks at Blizz will go ... what happened ... and they might wake up. This feels like the concept of "gaming" that the old Everquest used to be famous for ... each upgrade was 1/1000th of an inch, and you were a dog if you asked for 2/1000th of an inch, and did not accept their game design for farming and camping from here to doomsday! (My bard never got the piece from the sisters in 2.5 years! Over 240 hours!)

All in all, it's still the same game, with just a lot of things combined into one, and I don't think that the "Talents" needed to be redone in its entirety, since some of them are the same, with a different name.But most programmers, never read/look at the previous code, because theirs is better and more perfect, right?

I say, stick around and continue some Pet Battles. IF, and this is a big IF, they increase the amount of XP that each pet gets on a fight, then it might not be so bad, but I can not see someone trying to get 100 to 150 different pets, to be able to make all your dailies and most Heroic fights feasible, and not being able to get there. I think that some fixes will be done, as is usual, in the first month of a new something or other. However, I, who have been here since almost the beginning (almost a month after its start), am getting a bit tired of the lack of over sight and historic effect that some of these changes have, which many folks do not like.

Some changes that I would like to see (in the pet Battles), would be to take some Pets off the stupid farming/camping process, like the Minfernal ... which is ridiculous, and it is not even a "major" pet to be used! I have yet to see one of them, and by the count of Pets and work into things, you know I have tried. It took me 3 months to get the Unborn Val'kyr, and I think that stuff like that ends up losing a lot of people. It doesn't have to become the vanilla stuff, but it doesn't have to be "sorbet" with a liquor, either! Baskin-Robbins is just fine!

Sunborne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5096
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Sunborne » July 20th, 2016, 1:04 am

I think MPD and undead could use another nerf. After what I've seen tonight for teams post-nerf I'm still seeing the same 3-5 teams. I'll still believe MPD should have Thunderbolt and Decoy in the same slot just like DMZep. I'm just tired of seeing that pet 9 times out of 10 in pvp.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » July 20th, 2016, 1:08 am

Paladance wrote:I've heard that it's a part of that. Do you know if tomorrow I could search for pets according to their abilities? What with weather effects? ;)
You already could search for pets by abilities, at least with Rematch, but I've just checked before getting any addons and I can search by abilities - for example, typing Flurry gets me my rabbits and foxes.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » July 20th, 2016, 11:24 am

Thank you!

About the current newspiece, I don't have enough space in the comments so I'll leave it here, this is not a secret to use PM ;D:
  • "fluffier, less-polygonal appearances." I'm going to be mean here. :P I know that you want to say that they don't look flat and edged anymore, but technically you need more polygons of surface to make spatial shapes smoothier. :)
  • You're overlooked the AoE changes a bit, [ability]Arcane Storm[/ability] has still a cooldown of 3 rounds (thanks @Vakeetah for checking). I guess that many players' hearts could have jumped at that one. :lol:
  • Will update if I see anything interesting!
A change to [ability]Eyeblast[/ability], haven't expected that, then I recalled the Jeremy Feasel battle… Yeah!

Still feelin' a bit ignored (not about myself but as a part of the community) about the [ability]Howl [/ability]and [ability]Frog Kiss[/ability] part.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 20th, 2016, 2:31 pm

Thanks for pointing out the CD of Arcane Storm. I've removed it from the list.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Orilux
MVP
Pet Score:13244
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Orilux » July 21st, 2016, 3:23 pm

Fragment of Anger's spiritfire beam got nerfed. Haven't seen anything about that one.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 21st, 2016, 4:45 pm

There were a few additional ability changes that were made but it's unclear if the adjustments were made before or after 7.0.3:
  • [ability]Spiritfire Beam[/ability] - damage reduced
  • [ability]Arcane Slash[/ability] - damage increased
  • [ability]Rapid Fire[/ability] - damage reduced
  • [ability]Dreadful Breath[/ability] - damage reduced
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Paladance

Post by Paladance » July 22nd, 2016, 1:09 am

Spiritfire Bolt deserved a nerf, it had the same output as punished [ability]BONESTORM[/ability].

But Dreadful Breath has never been a very strong ability. They could just have deleted the bonus during Cleansing Rain.

And they nerfed Peddlefeet! Oh no, revolution is nigh! Is [ability]Omnislash[/ability] nerfed aswell? *Looks on Tyri*

WITHIN THE GRACE OF THE 500TH POST, I STILL WAIT FOR NERFING BROOT AND COMPANY! :<
(or creating a viable [ability]Darkflame[/ability]/[ability]Wild Magic[/ability] pet, as Darkness won't work anyway :p)