That last level

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
That last level

Post by Ril » May 13th, 2016, 1:37 pm

Hello

In an attempt to minimise pet XP waste, I set my teams up in a way that prevented too high pets to be used in tamers battles so that almost all of the gained XP would be put in good use. I also used a decent amount of +1 stones on ones that were 22 or 23.
This had me ending up with a number of level 24 pets (between 20 and 80% into 25) higher than I'm comfortable with. My collection has an average level of 24.3. The advantage - I have almost every pet ready to use in an instant if needed. I also used +1 stones on any pet at or below 20% into 25.

But now that there's almost no pet to level left, I was wondering, how would you go about bringing more than 100 pets from 24 to 25? If possible, I'd rather not use stones (I would have enough tho) as I'm saving them up for legion, but it probably is the fastest way. Tamers give too much xp so it feels like a waste and I'd rather use it for pets that are way below 24, there still are enough around for the time being. Wild pets on the other hand dont give much XP, it seems exceedingly slow. Am I overlooking a different method? Advice?

Thanks!

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Re: That last level

Post by Shingetsu » May 13th, 2016, 2:16 pm

You could wait for the next pet battle event, then 1 wild battle should be enough.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » May 14th, 2016, 3:03 am

I used to sit by the legendary otter pet battle in Valley of Eternal Blossoms (name escapes me), and just power level pets with a couple of moths against the fast respawns of Golden Civets. I'd just do it for an hour at a time, maxing out with safari hat on and some sausage buffs if you ave any. Quite relaxing really, in a murderous kind of way.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » May 15th, 2016, 2:55 am

I'm guilty of putting pets on a 98+% level stage in the menagerie battles to have them levelled up without getting into the middle values. :oops:

(I have so much stones that I don't bother with going to 24-25 in a classic way, usually these are 21-23.)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507