People leaving pvp pet battles before it starts?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Baneleaf
Pet Score:6638
Realm:Sargeras-us
People leaving pvp pet battles before it starts?

Post by Baneleaf » April 21st, 2016, 1:19 pm

I ran into a very odd situation this morning. I decided to do the 10 pvp battle win quest for the week to start stocking back up on battle stones for Legion. This was around 830 EST this morning and I got a couple of good battles in, won some lost some but it was fine. Then I got a run of people, what appeared to be different people, leaving the battle as it started. This went on for well over 15 battles. I would wait in between queues because though free wins are nice I really needed the practice as I was a little rusty an really needed live competition. Finally after around 20 battles I got a real opponent. Has anyone else noticed this? It would be hard to tell if this was some sort of bot since you really cannot target the player you are against and know nothing about them other than the team they run. I play on Sargeras US and again this was between 830 and 9 am on April 21 if anyone else noticed this today or any other day.

Thanks for any feedback.

Baneleaf
Pet Score:6638
Realm:Sargeras-us

Re: People leaving pvp pet battles before it starts?

Post by Baneleaf » April 22nd, 2016, 12:16 pm

Biscuit wrote:Answer:
Stop using Sunflower, Blossom Ancient & Crawdad 8-) 8-) 8-)
My basic team is the corefire imp, death adder hatchling and emperor crab.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » April 22nd, 2016, 2:53 pm

Biscuit wrote:Answer:
Stop using Sunflower, Blossom Ancient & Crawdad 8-) 8-) 8-)
For sure…

With all these damage nerfs in Legion, not a word about the defensive strategies (except Shell Armor) and the possible Broot availability (that will be, in fact, worse than BA), I don't have good visions over here…

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Ergroka71
Pet Score:6599
BattleTag®:Groka#1958
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Ergroka71 » April 23rd, 2016, 12:51 am

I've never had it happen to the extent that you did, but I would say I see about a 30% flee before battle. I truly hate that since I use PvP battling as a leveling strategy and if the battle ends before any moves are made, no xp is given. I think Blizz should implement a debuff that prevents you from queuing for a bit of time (say 5 minutes) for fleeing a battle without making any type of move, much like the Dungeon Deserter debuff. After all, your pets are healed to full (or pre battle level) after each PvP fight, so why wouldn't you at least throw a hit or two? Who knows, maybe RNGeezus will smile upon you and you'll land a couple crits which will totally destroy your opponents strategy.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » April 23rd, 2016, 9:43 am

Ergroka71 wrote:I've never had it happen to the extent that you did, but I would say I see about a 30% flee before battle. I truly hate that since I use PvP battling as a leveling strategy and if the battle ends before any moves are made, no xp is given.
Well this is not true!
After adding to my own addon PetBattleFix to write how much xp I got after each pet battle for it
I found that the breaking point for giving xp is NOT the number of rounds(!) but the time.
To be exact the breaking point is the 60 secs mark.
If the PetBattle is over before - no xp
If the PetBattle last at least 60 seconds (even if no move is made - thats how I discovered it) you get xp.
Ergroka71 wrote:I think Blizz should implement a debuff that prevents you from queuing for a bit of time (say 5 minutes) for fleeing a battle without making any type of move, much like the Dungeon Deserter debuff. After all, your pets are healed to full (or pre battle level) after each PvP fight, so why wouldn't you at least throw a hit or two?
Why WOULDNT you flee if you know you cant win AT ALL?
tbh I blame graves for the fact that atm so many people flee.
Ergroka71 wrote:Who knows, maybe RNGeezus will smile upon you and you'll land a couple crits which will totally destroy your opponents strategy.
Sorry but when I come with with ie 3 humans against a tripple darkness team this will never work....