Whos working on the 1000 wins achieve?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Erdinger
Pet Score:12848
BattleTag®:Goldhaar#2899
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu
Re: Whos working on the 1000 wins achieve?

Post by Erdinger » February 26th, 2017, 7:08 am

Wootzy wrote:How are you all doing?

I'm at 3750 right now. Last 1000 wins in 9 months. Still slowly working towards that amazing 5K prize..not.
I thought I'd never find the desire to continue after getting the 1k wins two years ago, but here I am today, at 4575, as motivated as ever and surely around for the 10k achi too if they ever implement that !

I got to 1k mainly using a Bone Serpent + Widget + Raven kind of team, which was highly efficient but not too fun or challenging in the long run.

When Graves+MPD became a thing, I tried out all kinds of teams to stand a chance and eventually managed to offer them a real fight with Vengeful Porcupette - Frostfur Rat - Spectral Porcupette. I still lost a lot of the time, but at least the battles were more even now, often with a 50/50 situation at the end, so I stuck with this team for a long time, while, for variation, fielding Royal Peachick - Frostwolf Ghostpup - Ghastly Rat, which was fun too, in a Ghostly Bite under Arcane Storm-way, and decent against Graves+MPD.

I played quite a few games with Terky+Trunks+a Moonlight pet too, and it was great fun, in an evil way, when I got to set up moonlight and have Terky give When Elekks Fly a 100% hit chance, especially against flyers! Wasn't too efficient though, especially with all the MPDs around.

By Legion, I had made it to around 3750 wins, and was experimenting a lot with different things, many involving Chi-Chi, but I couldn't quite get it right. Lately, I've been using Stardust - Autumnal Sproutling - Celestial Calf and I'm determined to get the final 500 wins with them. It's a team that often fails miserably (at least under my control), but it works well against the likes of the Bone Serpent (the more the merrier!), and the Teroclaw Hatchling, whom are so present these days. It has very strong defensives, with 2 Celestial Blessings, Wish, and both the Sproutling's Nature's Ward, and his chance to avoid a Nocturnal Strike. Running into a dodge also provides the time to set up the defensives. Since it involves a lot of swapping, I haven't selected the ramp-up damaging moves of the Calf and Stardust as I believe they reset upon swapping (?). The Sproutling's at 325 speed, so his damage output is good with a multi-hitter and Fist of the Forest (by the time the Iron Starlette is fully charged, it's already dead!).

This team is great fun but mis-timing any moves will obviously cost you, especially concerning the slow calf, and it has a hard time with dragons, but any weaknesses matter little when its appearance is so awesome! :D

The hardest part of getting the calf wasn't farming the gold - it was having to wait around in the Dalaran toy store for days and days to have the vendor spawn!

Keep battling! :)

Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Wootzy » February 27th, 2017, 2:35 am

Great story, thanks for sharing. :)

Minet
Top Rater
Pet Score:9371
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Minet » February 28th, 2017, 8:26 am

What a great thread. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

I am at 870/1000. In fact, I just played a bunch of battles last night and the meta was awesome for me--so much variety. Sometimes I get all wicked souls, fiendish imps, and teroclaws, but not last night!

I never thought of going all the way to 5000, but you guys are making me feel like it's possible.

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » March 1st, 2017, 8:32 am

Lately, I've been using Stardust - Autumnal Sproutling - Celestial Calf
Fun team! Got my 3800 win with Stardust, Blightbreath, Celestial Calf. :D
All three with ramp-up moves: arcane blast, sleeping gas, deep bite.
Sunny day here we come!

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » March 1st, 2017, 3:26 pm

Speaking of [ability]Weakness[/ability], I also tried the P/S Infinite Whelp and the Celestial Calf. It had it moments, until I ran into a triple Bones team. I do like his moveset Sleeping Gas, Healing Flame/Weakness, Darkflame. It's just that I feel scared with a dragon on my team, and not having an elemental pet. So I combined the two in a clone dance team. The Dream Whelp could work too, toxic skin not needed, and sleeping gas to handle magic pets.

Stark
Top Rater
Pet Score:7569
BattleTag®:Eve#1598
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Stark » March 3rd, 2017, 1:12 pm

I've got the 5k achieve. Really saddened the people doing pet battles added 0 pVp achieves in Legion. How about a mount that carries several of your pets if you get 10000 wins?! I guess mount collectors would be peeved, I just want some incentive to pvp besides I enjoy it.