Best PVP Pets

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Blessaidlee
Pet Score:2598
Realm:Argent Dawn-us
Best PVP Pets

Post by Blessaidlee » December 11th, 2012, 1:38 pm

Im trying to win 50 pvp battles... What have been your 3 team and why? What abilities?

Thanks!

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12765
Realm:Sentinels-us

Re: Best PVP Pets

Post by Talmar » December 11th, 2012, 1:49 pm

I do a lot of pet swapping for PvP but I'd have to say my staple pet in almost every PvP team I have is my Flayer Youngling.

It's not as good not that you can't reflect defensive/healing abilities but I still have a blast.

Magical Crawdad is pretty awesome and can really frustrate your opponent into just giving up.

Looking forward to a max level Fluxfire Feline and Pandaren Earth Spirit.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » December 11th, 2012, 2:04 pm

As I posted in another thread previously..

Team Unkillable
- Magical Crawdad
- Molten Hatchling
- Terrible Turnip
Note: Make sure to keep Sunny Day up with the Turnip, and use it to do team heals. Crawdad will have 2800 HP with a Wish heal that can be used on any of the three, on top of his damage reduction. Hatchling takes care of keeping herself alive, but having a bigger health pool helps with that a lot, thanks to Sunny Day. Good luck taking this team down.

Team Deepfreeze
- Tiny Snowman
- Kun-Lai Runt
- Kun-Lai Runt
Note: Use Snowman to keep Blizzard up, chilling targets. Use both Runts to deal massive DPS. All 3 pets have Deep Freeze, which has 100% chance to stun if target is chilled. Then the Runts deal additionnal damage to stunned targets. This is a really annoying team to take on.

Team Pandaren Spirits
- Pandaren Water Spirit
- Pandaren Air Spirit
- Pandaren Thundering Spirit
Note: Being 3 elementals, aquatic pets will be good against this team, but the Air Spirit is there to take care of those as he deals more damage to aquatics. Water is there to take on elementals that deal lots of damage. Thundering is there to piss the other guy off LOL.

Team Incinerator
- Fel Flame
- Phoenix Hatchling
- Dark Phoenix Hatchling
Note: Keep Scorched Earth up to make sure enemy pets are considered Burning, and each pet here has abilities that deal extra damage vs burning pets. Have fun destroying pets in the other team in a couple minutes.

Team Destroy
- Fluxfire Feline
- Fluxfire Feline
- Snail
Note: the Fluxfire Feline deals tremendous damage, but can be taken down fast by elementals, hence the presence of a snail in there, which are particularly efficient vs elementals. Magical Crawdad would be an interesting choice for the 3rd spot as well, on top of having Surge (low damage but good against Elementals) and being able to tank really well, he can throw a Wish on one of your Fluxfire Feline once in a while.

Blessaidlee
Pet Score:2598
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Blessaidlee » December 11th, 2012, 8:41 pm

Thanks! Ill try those combos and see how well they work!

Hildegard
Realm:Aegwynn-eu

Post by Hildegard » December 15th, 2012, 12:35 pm

Pacer, which Breed ID do you use for Flayer Youngling and Anodized Robo Cub?

Hildegard
Realm:Aegwynn-eu

Post by Hildegard » December 16th, 2012, 3:53 am

The Anodized Robo Cub only comes as either H/H or H/P. Currently I think that H/P could actually be better for the Anodized Robo Cub. Opinions?

Yakk
Pet Score:3902
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Yakk » December 17th, 2012, 8:19 am

At the moment I am trying various pet combinations with synergies (i.e. burning condition and Lil' Raggi). So far my team of Anubisath, Clockwork Gnome and Blighthawk seems pretty strong, covering most other teams. Keeping Reflect as backup for long term attacks like the one from the Fluxfire Feline is essential. Especially the Blighthawk is a killer..

Erian
Pet Score:2435
Realm:Kil'jaeden-eu

Post by Erian » December 17th, 2012, 5:45 pm

I just experimented a little in order to get a balanced group that won't be destroyed by any inconvenient enemy. One team that worked out pretty well is this one:

Fluxfire Feline (S)
Oily Slimeling (with Absorb, Corrosion and Acidic Goo)
Molten Hatchling

Basically the backbone of this team is the Fluxfire Feline - I just wrote a little bit about that little kitty on wowhead - which I can't link since I didn't do 8 posts so far. :D wowhead. com/npc=68838#comments:id=1782963 maybe?
A lot of teams get heavily damaged if not destroyed by it, if you make sure you don't waste it on one of the rather few counter pets.

The Oily Slimeling is there to counter burst pets - like the pretty often used Fluxfire Feline. Btw: A Fluxfire Feline just gets destroyed by the Slimeling, since it need 3-4 hits to kill it, depending on the number of Absorbs between the first and last hit.
One thing to remember: If you know the next attack will be a devastating single hit attack, you can just swap in the Slimeling and soak the hit.

The Molten Hatchling is a pretty nice "tanking" pet, that can counter a lot of defensive pets (if they can not deal enough damage to get through the healing), can soak high dmg abilities that have a high cooldown and can just destroy any DoT based pet, like the Oily Slimeling.

Overall I got pretty good results with this team so far, however: Conflagerate is a rather annoying counter, since it deals a high amount of damage in two parts, a) rendering the magic passive useless, b) greatly diminishing the effect of Cauterize on the Hatchling an c) having the potantial to nuke right through the mechanical self repair.