Pet of the Month - Elwynn Lamb

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us
Pet of the Month - Elwynn Lamb

Post by Liopleurodon » March 22nd, 2016, 12:28 pm

Be sure to check out this month's [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/news/elwynn-lamb-pet-of-the-month-march-2016/]feature on the Elwynn Lamb[/url]!

How Do You Use Your Elwynn Lamb?
The [pet]Elwynn Lamb[/pet], like most other pets with that [ability]Stampede[/ability] mojo, is a stellar pick against big bosses. Try a buddy with an additive buff, like a raptor with [ability]Exposed Wound[/ability]. A big asset of the Lamb is that Chew can hit from the back row, so if you're starting to get low after that Stampede you can [ability]Chew[/ability] and then swap to keep your pet safe but still deal that damage. That Stampede can make timing a bit of a dice throw sometimes however, as the Lamb can't counter anything thrown its way while it's stampeding.

Personally, unless there's something very specific I have in mind I usually choose [ability]Comeback[/ability] over [ability]Soothe[/ability]. Soothe doesn't work immediately so it can be very tricky to time for interrupts. Though I can use Soothe to set up some cool combos and stall while I wait on cooldowns, I prefer having the option of a filler move in my pocket more than that versatility.

I use my Elwynn Lamb in Pandaria pretty frequently to take out the Beasts of Fable. It does have some use against the Tiny Terrors of Tanaan, but what the Lamb brings in DPS it usually lacks in longevity. The Beasts usually don't hit my poor Lamb as hard as the Terrors, so I can use those combos a couple times.

There are three other pets which have moves that mirror the Elwynn Lamb exactly. The [pet]Summit Kid[/pet] is likely the easiest to obtain, as an easy find all around Kun-Lai Summit. The other two options are quite a bit easier to find as Alliance than Horde. The [pet]Little Black Ram[/pet] is relatively common around Loch Modan, but the Black Lamb can be a bit of a hassle to find in Elwynn Forest.

The Black Lamb has the most breed options, including a Power/Speed hybrid. Both Lambs are classified as Critters, but the Kid and Ram are Beasts, which gives us a few more options for PVE counters. While the Lamb may not be such a great pick to counter, say, Kafi, the Kid could maybe enter the fray instead.

How do you use your little Lamb, little Lamb, little Lamb? Oh! Why don't you tell us in the comments?
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: Pet of the Month - Elwynn Lamb

Post by Paladance » March 22nd, 2016, 1:16 pm

Not pleased to correct you here, but I believe that this pet doesn't require an exalted reputation with Stormwind -- I've purchased all Argent Tournament pets still having some reputations on Honored/Revered.

However, there's indeed a special requirement -- you need to earn the champion of Stormwind status, doing several dailies and then challenging the Stormwind representative. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 22nd, 2016, 1:32 pm

Paladance wrote:Not pleased to correct you here, but I believe that this pet doesn't require an exalted reputation with Stormwind -- I've purchased all Argent Tournament pets still having some reputations on Honored/Revered.

However, there's indeed a special requirement -- you need to earn the champion of Stormwind status, doing several dailies and then challenging the Stormwind representative. :)
The article has been updated, thanks for pointing that out!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » March 23rd, 2016, 7:53 pm

The Ram and the Kid, aside of being Beasts, also replace [ability]Bleat[/ability] by [ability]Headbutt[/ability], providing a high damage/CC alternative to the standard [ability]Stampede[/ability].

Anyway! The Lamb is one of the pets I currently have on the "to-level" list, but haven't played WoW a lot lately, so it's still halfway through! :lol: The skillset I'd choose for it wouldn't include [ability]Stampede[/ability], as there are plenty of pets that are better at it - I'd instead opt for a [ability]Chew[/ability]+[ability]Comeback[/ability]+[ability]Bleat[/ability].

I believe you could get decent mileage of Chew on first round, and the Comeback on the next - which would likely gain the damage boost, as you did none previous round and are probably at a disadvantage. Bleat, for party support and some extra endurance I guess! I just don't want to grab Stampede, as much as I like it in combination with Chew, as 3 rounds is a massive investment that would likely get the poor lamb killed.
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » May 9th, 2016, 11:12 am

What has happened to the April?

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out. No need to have two projects simultaneously. Stupid me!

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507