What's the currently best breed for Val'kyr?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Adrenalin
Realm:Blackmoore-eu
What's the currently best breed for Val'kyr?

Post by Adrenalin » March 14th, 2016, 1:38 pm

For PvE and PvP separately.

My researches found out that back in the time people prefered H/H, but it might have changed over the couple of last balance patches...

Thanks in advance!

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: What's the currently best breed for Val'kyr?

Post by Gráinne » March 14th, 2016, 4:05 pm

I am tempted to say that the current best breed of [pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet] is [pet]Ghastly Kid[/pet]. :D

But let's confine it to the question you actually asked. More seriously, it would depend what you're using it against.

If you're running an Unholy Ascension Valk, in any context, I think you'd always want a H/H, almost regardless of the opposition. That extra round of life will more than make up for any small increase in damage the B/B has, and at 244, even the B/B is slower than most.

I think the only case where a B/B Haunt Valk is better than a H/H is when you have two Valks facing off at the start of the fight. If that happens, obviously the B/B will Haunt first.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » March 15th, 2016, 10:33 am

There's also a menagerie fight (Kromli and Gromli, I think) where the B/B gets off the attack first and the other team doesn't get a chance to stun the Valk, but it's only a 25% chance, so it's not a huge deal if you have to restart. It's not like it's a power level daily.

I have both. I got my B/B just the other day, but before that, I was doing just find with the H/H.

Just having a Val'kyr is quite the thing. ;)

Edited to change the menagerie team I use the Val'kyr in.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » March 17th, 2016, 1:05 am

I'm probably beating a dead horse, but…

At a first glance, you may start to think about B/B just for [ability]Curse of Doom[/ability] and [ability]Haunt[/ability] dealing more damage, more healing from [ability]Siphon Life[/ability] etc. But indeed, H/H is better when you are focused on returning from the suspension, though [pet]Ghastly Kid[/pet] with her health focus and avoidance can fulfill that role aswell.
Note also that Curse of Doom is often paired with damage enhancing abilities from other pets that may be itself enough to kill the opponent (mostly Tanaan Terrors or Beasts of Fable).

I have a H/H myself and can't recall if I had any problem with her. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Adrenalin

Post by Adrenalin » March 24th, 2016, 2:59 am

Thanks for your recommendations. I hunted on Tuesday evening for Val and actually found four exemplars within 2 hours, 3 B/B, 1 H/H. Thankfully, no one suicided itself and the fourth B/B was shortly caged after I encountered her by some another random stranger. :)

It seems like going right before reset is the best way because there was maximum time for pets to spawn over the week. Also, use the server hop addon.

Shaderun
Pet Score:4794
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Shaderun » March 24th, 2016, 8:41 am

Adrenalin wrote: It seems like going right before reset is the best way because there was maximum time for pets to spawn over the week. Also, use the server hop addon.
How does the server hop addon help, just fewer clicks than going through group finder looking for cross realm hops?

Adrenalin

Post by Adrenalin » March 24th, 2016, 6:25 pm

You should just check out the addon, it's not even comparable with manually joining groups in terms of convenience.